+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Faces Talented UCLA Bruins Friday

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Faces Talented UCLA Bruins Friday

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We're all about moral victories these days....
    That is very unfair. If you listened to the game, this young Lady Techster team played VERY hard and never gave up. I know we all want us to be a top 10 team again immediately, but it takes time. This is a great Lady Techster team that just played probably their hardest regular season game this year. They will keep improving and I think could win conference this year. That is a good step in the right direction.

We are all disappointed in a loss, but I LOVE seeing a great group of players that are really elevating our program back, even if it takes a while. i am guilty of thinking every new coach that we have had could bring us back, but now I truly believe we have that person and the talent he is bringing in will definitely pay off. Recruiting is looking great!

I loved us continuing to battle and keep pulling back into striking distance in the second half. Our team represented us VERY well and we all should be proud. Now time to beat Denver tomorrow!

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

This game was similar to the Wisconsin game in that one bad quarter did us in.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    This game was similar to the Wisconsin game in that one bad quarter did us in.
    True.... We need to get a whole game out of this team. Our defense seemed to play well the whole game, but we went very cold in each of those games for a quarter.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Champ:

You say it's "unfair" to cite our fans being happy with moral victories, and then you proceed to make my point. Such as...

this young Lady Techster team played VERY hard and never gave up

a good step in the right direction

loved us continuing to battle and keep pulling back into striking distance in the second half. Our team represented us VERY well and we all should be proud.

Your words. All of which say: you are satisfied with effort. That's the definition of a moral victory.

Not me. I am only satisfied with actual wins. Especially against a program we were 11-0 against.

That said, I know the state of our WBB program. It sucks. So, it's not that I expected them to go undefeated. But a loss is a loss, is a loss, is a loss. Period.

That's all. Carry on.

Champ:

You say it's "unfair" to cite our fans being happy with moral victories, and then you proceed to make my point. Such as...

this young Lady Techster team played VERY hard and never gave up

a good step in the right direction

loved us continuing to battle and keep pulling back into striking distance in the second half. Our team represented us VERY well and we all should be proud.

Your words. All of which say: you are satisfied with effort. That's the definition of a moral victory.

Not me. I am only satisfied with actual wins. Especially against a program we were 11-0 against.

That said, I know the state of our WBB program. It sucks. So, it's not that I expected them to go undefeated. But a loss is a loss, is a loss, is a loss. Period.

That's all. Carry on.
    I concede that all that matters is a win, but I can recognize a strong and good effort from a very young team right now. We played hard and UCLA is not the same team that we are 11-0 against. We aren't either and haven't been for a long time. We need to improve and win. I was just making a comment on how we are growing and the young talent we have on this team. The Lady Techsters are becoming fun to watch again and the wins will come.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

UCLA's not the same team.....No! they are worse. Back then UCLA won a National Championship and was always hanging around in the Top 10. Didn't matter, the Techsters smoked 'em anyway, regardless of how highly ranked UCLA was.

And, here we go again....the Techsters are, for the 10th year in a row, a "very young team." How's that possible? Do we dismiss players after their sophomore years and continually start over? We must, to be in a constant state of being "very young."

Sorry, Champ, I know you are an eternal optimist. But, you need a dose of reality too. I'm tired of the frickin' excuses. I'm tired of fans covering for an obvious lack of talent, both on and OFF the court. Yes, I mean the coaching.

WIN! and WIN consistently! and then open your mouth and say something (don't mean "you" per se, I mean Techster Nation). Nothing else matters. Not effort, not good intentions, not desire....only RESULTS matter!

"Winning is not everything. It's the only thing!" - Vince Lombardi

UCLA's not the same team.....No! they are worse. Back then UCLA won a National Championship and was always hanging around in the Top 10. Didn't matter, the Techsters smoked 'em anyway, regardless of how highly ranked UCLA was.

And, here we go again....the Techsters are, for the 10th year in a row, a "very young team." How's that possible? Do we dismiss players after their sophomore years and continually start over? We must, to be in a constant state of being "very young."

Sorry, Champ, I know you are an eternal optimist. But, you need a dose of reality too. I'm tired of the frickin' excuses. I'm tired of fans covering for an obvious lack of talent, both on and OFF the court. Yes, I mean the coaching.

WIN! and WIN consistently! and then open your mouth and say something (don't mean "you" per se, I mean Techster Nation). Nothing else matters. Not effort, not good intentions, not desire....only RESULTS matter!

"Winning is not everything. It's the only thing!" - Vince Lombardi
    If we have ANY chance of rebuilding what once was, it is with our current coach - until someone proves otherwise. You act like it is easy to just put a team together and start being in the top 5 again. It isn't, but with Tyler and Micki, we stand a better chance of doing that than with anyone else. The fall happened after Barmore left the first time. Budke started the decline and (I was wrong about Long and Spoon, but I wanted to be right). Right now, looking at the classes he is putting together, I think we are improving finally.

As for UCLA, they barely lost to the #2 team in the country last week. I believe they will be the toughest team we will play this year. YES, I want to win. We have to see progress before we can win these type games, though, and I think we are seeing that now. It isn't magic.

Puppy bigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the ears

I think what really bites, is the fact that if we had a decent (not even a good... just decent) shooting percentage we would have easily won. FG 30%; 3-PT 17%; & FT 50%

Has anyone even mentioned that UCLA didn't hit a FG in the last 5 minutes of the game??? In that span they had 2 FT... 2!!! Our defense is good... but our shooting can't just abandon us.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbradford1978 View Post
    I think what really bites, is the fact that if we had a decent (not even a good... just decent) shooting percentage we would have easily won. FG 30%; 3-PT 17%; & FT 50%

Has anyone even mentioned that UCLA didn't hit a FG in the last 5 minutes of the game??? In that span they had 2 FT... 2!!! Our defense is good... but our shooting can't just abandon us.
    It was that one quarter that we just went totally cold. Our defense fought through it, but gave them a good cushion. You are correct. Our shots usually are falling better than that. I expect a big win today over Denver.

+ Reply to Thread