+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maybe...

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    The delayed handoff killed us. USM was in our backfield on every play and was very disciplined in not overrunning the play. At least from the I Dixon could have met the defense at the LOS instead of 4-5 yards behind it.
    This was the key for the last two games. They knew every time Dixon was going to get the ball.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Yes, we didn't discuss it much last week. J.D. hit him a little high in the pads with the ball. The verbal exchange following the play didn't indicate J.D. bought the excuse. I am pretty sure the NFL scouts won't consider that ball hit him high on the pads last week and not sure what they will think about what they saw today.
    That was a bad hand off. Driskel had the ball up around his left shoulder pad. It's the QB's job to stick it in his gut. He should have learned that in junior high.

Puppy deacon seems to have something between the earsdeacon seems to have something between the earsdeacon seems to have something between the earsdeacon seems to have something between the earsdeacon seems to have something between the earsdeacon seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    The delayed handoff killed us. USM was in our backfield on every play and was very disciplined in not overrunning the play. At least from the I Dixon could have met the defense at the LOS instead of 4-5 yards behind it.
    when you have 4 d linemen and the backers at the line you are outnumbered on the trap. 6 beats 5 every time and a backer is free at the line. numbers matter.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Actually I blame this on our Offense, more specifically our O-line. We suddenly have dorm toilet paper for linemen, led to no run game and bad forced passes/INTs.
    Our O-line was awful, but why only run Dixon 8 times? You have one of the best RBs in the country, and you run him 8 times?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    That was a bad hand off. Driskel had the ball up around his left shoulder pad.
    We have an echo in here.

You don't need to tell me. Tell the NFL.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

I am not even going to read the thread but will respond to the opening remark...Monken is a tool. With a choice between Monken or Holtz leading our team, I would definitely choose Holtz. We got beat by a good team but not a better team. It was USM's day. They won. Congrats. It doesn't mean that Monken is a better coach than Holtz. We knew USM would be back. We saw it last year. The last two games were hard to watch, but I am thankful for the season we had under Coach Holtz. I appreciate the way he and our players represent our university. I do not know if we would have that same feeling under Monken.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    I am not even going to read the thread but will respond to the opening remark...Monken is a tool. With a choice between Monken or Holtz leading our team, I would definitely choose Holtz. We got beat by a good team but not a better team. It was USM's day. They won. Congrats. It doesn't mean that Monken is a better coach than Holtz. We knew USM would be back. We saw it last year. The last two games were hard to watch, but I am thankful for the season we had under Coach Holtz. I appreciate the way he and our players represent our university. I do not know if we would have that same feeling under Monken.
    Me too. I have no interest in Monken representing Tech as HC.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

It would be nice to see our head coach demonstrate the "piss and vinegar" attitude that Monken had yesterday though. There is no way Holtz would have gone for it at the end of the first half like that. Nor is he able to get his team up for a big game.

He will get us 6-6 records consistently and a trip to the Earl's Discount Auto Bowl though. And that "should be good enough for LA Tech fans".

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Our O-line was awful, but why only run Dixon 8 times? You have one of the best RBs in the country, and you run him 8 times?
    Because Dixon is also really bad about not following his blocking. He'd rather juke out of the designed hole and try to make a BIG play rather than just follow his "blocking" and take the 3 or 4 yards the defense is giving him. So, the result is we often end up with negative yardage or no yardage when Kenneth touches the ball because HE'S not following his blocking. He's ad libbing. IMO, this is a fact that could hurt Dixon's NFL chances, unless they think they can correct it.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

He's got a much better 3-year record than Monken.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    He's got a much better 3-year record than Monken.
    Oh paaaaleeze, you're smarter than that. Monken took over a program that was 0-12, and sinking fast. And now he's beating LA Tech and Skip Holtz by 30 points. Meanwhile, to date, Holtz hasn't won any more games at LA Tech (in a season) than his predecessor. At best, you can say Holtz is doing okay, not great. Holtz is just treading water. Just a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    It would be nice to see our head coach demonstrate the "piss and vinegar" attitude that Monken had yesterday though. There is no way Holtz would have gone for it at the end of the first half like that. Nor is he able to get his team up for a big game.

He will get us 6-6 records consistently and a trip to the Earl's Discount Auto Bowl though. And that "should be good enough for LA Tech fans".
    Exactly.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Oh paaaaleeze, you're smarter than that. Monken took over a program that was 0-12, and sinking fast. And now he's beating LA Tech and Skip Holtz by 30 points. Meanwhile, to date, Holtz hasn't won any more games at LA Tech (in a season) than his predecessor. At best, you can say Holtz is doing okay, not great. Holtz is just treading water. Just a fact.
    We did beat UTEP last week 17-15 at their place though. And we did it without any "style" points. USM only beat Old Dominion 56-31 at home. Hey wait a minute, they beat us worse than that ON OUR HOME FIELD.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Why are people discounting "style" points?

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I wasn't in favor of Holtz being hired. That said, he inherited a team that had been propped up by JUCOs (which is exactly what Monken is doing now). In year two we played for the conference title and in year three we're one win away and playing in consecutive bowl games for the first time since the 70's.

I'm displeased that we haven't won the conference. I'm disappointed that we didn't compete yesterday. All that said, Skip represents us well. Monken is a temperamental hot-head who doesn't present or represent well. I'll take Holtz over him everyday of the week and twice on Sunday...if this Sunday.

+ Reply to Thread