+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This must be what a rivalry feels like

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

This must be what a rivalry feels like

Because I HATE Southern Miss.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: This must be what a rivalry feels like

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Because I HATE Southern Miss.
    Yeah, I've never bought into the respect thing. I want to hate my rivalry and after some things that happened today, I do.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Yeah, I've never bought into the respect thing. I want to hate my rivalry and after some things that happened today, I do.
    Do share.

I didn't like the condescension in the voices of the USM fans telling me "good luck in your bowl" while I getting my injured self into my car. It could have just been the pain registering it as that. Still, seemed more in the "bless your heart" manner than any amount of well-wishing.

Varsity Bulldog talonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to behold

Okay. Please stop with the rivalry stuff.
    It's not as if your program isn't rival worthy. You have solid teams and a great fan base. You are in close proximity to Hattiesburg so all the ingredients are there. So, if it happens let it develop. Lord knows USM could use a Rivalry. All our other "Rivals" abandoned us. No more East Carolina. Memphis. Houston. Even Tulane back in the day. Rivalries take time. Continuous years of tough battles, usually going either way depending on the year. A check of USM message boards this week indicates that they do not consider LaTech a rival. That is sad because we need one. Maybe if we both stay in this shell of our former conference and and the wins & losses start to pile up equally on each side, we can be rivals. Right now, our fan base as a whole likes you guys too much to be called a rival. No offense intended.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by talonofdeath View Post
    Okay. Please stop with the rivalry stuff.
    It's not as if your program isn't rival worthy. You have solid teams and a great fan base. You are in close proximity to Hattiesburg so all the ingredients are there. So, if it happens let it develop. Lord knows USM could use a Rivalry. All our other "Rivals" abandoned us. No more East Carolina. Memphis. Houston. Even Tulane back in the day. Rivalries take time. Continuous years of tough battles, usually going either way depending on the year. A check of USM message boards this week indicates that they do not consider LaTech a rival. That is sad because we need one. Maybe if we both stay in this shell of our former conference and and the wins & losses start to pile up equally on each side, we can be rivals. Right now, our fan base as a whole likes you guys too much to be called a rival. No offense intended.
    It's 2-3 favor USM since 2010. I understand the point you're trying to make though.

Also, of 17 rivalry games played today, 14 were won by the road team.

Varsity Bulldog talonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    It's 2-3 favor USM since 2010. I understand the point you're trying to make though.

Also, of 17 rivalry games played today, 14 were won by the road team.
    Right. You can not force a rivalry to happen. It develops, or it doesn't.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

USM slapped us in the face today, in all aspects. That's okay. They did their part as a team, fans, etc... we didn't uphold our end of the deal. Every dog will have his day. Today wasn't our day.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

It doesn't feel like a rivalry. Feels more like tripping over a cat in the middle of the night and crashing through a glass coffee table. If we bothered to give them a respectable game...it may have felt like a rivalry.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

This is what a weekend in a Tiajuana prison cell feels like.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

This is NOT what a rivalry feels like.

Coach #1: We are the better team, we KNOW we are the better team and all we have to do is go prove it to everyone that came here to support you today. I don't care where we are playing this game, if you want it THEN GO TAKE IT, but leave it all on the field right now!!!

Coach #2: It's Senior Day, let's go out there and have some fun today. I love you.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    This is NOT what a rivalry feels like.

Coach #1: We are the better team, we KNOW we are the better team and all we have to do is go prove it to everyone that came here to support you today. I don't care where we are playing this game, if you want it THEN GO TAKE IT, but leave it all on the field right now!!!

Coach #2: It's Senior Day, let's go out there and have some fun today. I love you.
    And then coach # 2 passes out the replica HOD bowl trophies not given away at the gate as participation trophies. Way to compete guys!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    This is what a weekend in a Tiajuana prison cell feels like.
    You speaking from personal experience?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You speaking from personal experience?
    Not personal, but I know a military guy who did, and he said you never, ever want that to happen. Ever.

+ Reply to Thread