+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We Never Had a Chance Today Against USM

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Re: We Never Had a Chance Today Against USM

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Will Tommy McClelland ever wake up and not schedule rivalry games during quarter break? This shit has been going on for at least 15 years. If we have to have a home date over quarter break it should be a cupcake.

Tommy is asleep at the wheel!
    Someone's asleep at the wheel, all right, but it's you. This sh*t, as you call it, is not under our AD's control; the conference sets the schedule for conference games.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Someone's asleep at the wheel, all right, but it's you. This sh*t, as you call it, is not under our AD's control; the conference sets the schedule for conference games.
    So do you think the atmosphere of today's game is what it should be for a rivalry game? If you think that Louisiana Tech will have an acceptable crowd and atmosphere for a big game during quarter break you are a blithering idiot.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

So do you think the atmosphere of today's game is what it should be for a rivalry game? If you think that Louisiana Tech will have an acceptable crowd and atmosphere for a big game during quarter break you are a blithering idiot.
    It's not Tommy's job to set the date. It's his job to get people there. It's Holtzs job to make sure the product is worth seeing.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Until we have a crowd identity that's not Sunday brunch, today is going to be as good as it gets. The reason A&M, MSU, USM, and the other well traveled fanbases always kick our ass is because we don't have an identity consistent with sporting events. We have 15000 people cheering as individuals instead of with one voice/noise.

I lost where I was going with this.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg85 View Post
    Agree it would have been great to have students but that is not why we lost the game. Poor coaching and poor execution. We were not mentally prepared to play today.
    Man, you can't blame the coaches for this. Tech had its opportunities in the first half and was put in a position to succeed. The players didn't execute, e.g., Taylor wide open in the end zone and the OL didn't give Driskell time. The on sides kick was right in Turner's hands. That was a turning point and Tech could have recovered from earlier first half miscues had we made that play. We were still in it until "The Fumble."

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

This game began and ended with a terrible O-Line and a DC that doesn't know S**T. USM blitzed six, and sometimes seven, on almost every passing down in the first half, right in front of our CLUE-LESS DC. We mostly rushed four and sometimes three. Monken had ALL DAY to throw. Driskel was harassed on most every play.

USM's DC showed our clue-less DC what to do the ENTIRE first half except on Tech's only TD drive, where USM did very little blitzing.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Until we have a crowd identity that's not Sunday brunch, today is going to be as good as it gets. The reason A&M, MSU, USM, and the other well traveled fanbases always kick our ass is because we don't have an identity consistent with sporting events. We have 15000 people cheering as individuals instead of with one voice/noise.

I lost where I was going with this.
    I'm with you but I can't quite nail down the exact problem or how to address it

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Will Tommy McClelland ever wake up and not schedule rivalry games during quarter break? This shit has been going on for at least 15 years. If we have to have a home date over quarter break it should be a cupcake.

Tommy is asleep at the wheel!
    RECAP:
    You made an inaccurate post about our AD scheduling rivalry games during break.

I pointed out the inaccuracy.

Not sure how you reached the conclusion that I thought today's atmosphere and crowd were acceptable.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    USM's DC showed our clue-less DC what to do the ENTIRE first half except on Tech's only TD drive, where USM did very little blitzing.
    I sat down low right behind the bench, first half, before moving higher up. It appeared to me that when the DC came over to talk to the players, they paid him NO​ attention. Maybe that's why he didn't spend a lot of time talking to the players ??

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    I sat down low right behind the bench, first half, before moving higher up. It appeared to me that when the DC came over to talk to the players, they paid him NO​ attention. Maybe that's why he didn't spend a lot of time talking to the players ??
    At least he tried to talk to them. Other than the OLine coach, there was zero interaction with the skill players on the offensive bench. Some of them were actually laughing and cutting up when we were down by 4 TDs in the 4th.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

RECAP:
    You made an inaccurate post about our AD scheduling rivalry games during break.

I pointed out the inaccuracy.

Not sure how you reached the conclusion that I thought today's atmosphere and crowd were acceptable.
    Do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Chill out. You made an uninformed comment. Maverick pointed it out. No need to get upset.

Look, I couldn't feel any worse after the game. My apologies if I took it out on you.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Look, I couldn't feel any worse after the game. My apologies if I took it out on you.
    Why? All you did was point out that he made a stupid/ill-informed comment on scheduling conference games. If he takes offense to that, too bad. Truth is the truth.

My bad Maverick. I let the emotions of the game get the better of me.

+ Reply to Thread