+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our product: back to the stone age

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Our product: back to the stone age

I'm not tired of seeing my Dawgs play. Today was disappointing, but I Love My Dawgs. My 8 year old was begging me to travel to any bowl game we go to.

We need more fans like him. stop complaining about crap and support the dawgs (am I sounding like 65 bow?)

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I'm not tired of seeing my Dawgs play. Today was disappointing, but I Love My Dawgs. My 8 year old was begging me to travel to any bowl game we go to.

We need more fans like him. stop complaining about crap and support the dawgs (am I sounding like 65 bow?)
    Why do you think those are mutually exclusive?

If it weren't for complaining, we'd still have Oakes.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Why do you think those are mutually exclusive?

If it weren't for complaining, we'd still have Oakes.
    Okay- maybe I could stated my post better. I told Russdawg I was going to stay off of here for a while (my crack!).

I'm more frustrated with the folks that are saying they are going to stop showing up to games. My son was crying because of how poorly we played, but he's ready for the next game.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Okay- maybe I could stated my post better. I told Russdawg I was going to stay off of here for a while (my crack!).

I'm more frustrated with the folks that are saying they are going to stop showing up to games. My son was crying because of how poorly we played, but he's ready for the next game.
    I'm pissed as can be, but I'm still going to show up. Will go to bowl if I can swing the money. I have to plan for a trip to Paris for a class assuming the class happens, so money may be too tight. Hope not.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

That was such an embarrassing loss today. Our offense looked inept. The defense could not cover Mike Thomas #88 if we quadruple-covered him.

We (players, coaches, fans, administration,...) looked like amateurs all around today. Very disappointing.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I would not be able to attend a bowl farther than Shreveport anyway, but I heard several people say today that they would not invest in a bowl trip to see more of what they saw in the game today and last week. I understand that thought process.

Champ RunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to behold RunwayDawg55's Avatar

I never said that WE wouldn't go. We are hardcore, crazy fans on this board that would almost all go to the ends of the Earth to watch our Bulldogs play, win or lose. This whole thread is about our casual fan-base (or lack of) that so many on this board have had gripes about not showing up all season. After today, I can truly see why we don't have the fan base some think we do or should have.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slackdog View Post
    Good post; I for one - as a die-hard fan - am just about sick and tired of making the drives over from MS to watch what we are putting on the field under Skip. I may change my mind, after I calm down, but right now I will be giving my season tickets away to orphans next year until we have some significant coaching changes during off-season. Sick sick sick of it.
    I feel the same way Slackdog. It's now 8:30 PM here in McKinney, TX, and I just drove back home about 5 hours in a very nasty (and cold) rain storm. (The weather is a lot worse west of Ruston.) And I left halfway thru the 4th quarter.

This weekend was not a fun trip. In fact, it was a very difficult trip. Now my name is practically "mud" around the house because I practically strong armed some family members (Tech grads) into attending today's game when they really didn't want to go. But, as stupid as it may sound, I literally wanted to do it for our players. Particularly our seniors.

So what happened? I get to Joe Aillet Stadium this morning, and I quickly learned that our players, coaches, students and fans had all OUIT for the year. Done. The football team and coaches were 100% UNPREPARED, and there were empty seats around me everywhere. I know the students are out of school this week, but....don't we have a bunch of LA Tech students who live closer to Joe Aillet Stadium than I do? Where were they?

So, unlike last year, I won't be attending the Dawgs' bowl game this year. I'm done for now. I'll certainly cheer for the Dawgs, and watch it on TV. But somebody else can do it for a while now.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunwayDawg55 View Post
    After today, I can truly see why we don't have the fan base some think we do or should have.
    It's not so bad. Our fan base is made up of all kinds of personalities. We will be fine.

After sitting in the rain for the last three games (today was not bad) I felt like I got kicked in the gut after watching the lack of effort and lack of preparation by our coaches. Not enough men on the field, too many men on the field, wasting timeouts in the 1st half when they could have been used to review plays, , special teams mistakes in game 12, players not coached up on offense, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    It's not so bad. Our fan base is made up of all kinds of personalities. We will be fine.

After sitting in the rain for the last three games (today was not bad) I felt like I got kicked in the gut after watching the lack of effort and lack of preparation by our coaches. Not enough men on the field, too many men on the field, wasting timeouts in the 1st half when they could have been used to review plays, , special teams mistakes in game 12, players not coached up on offense, etc..
    And that was all just the first 5 minutes!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

That pretty well covered it, except for the terrible defensive play too. The ball that was incomplete and no time out called annoyed me to no end. There were a couple of sparks today, but they were quickly replaced by bad play and poor coaching. Disappointing is the only word that keeps coming to mind. I did expect that we would come out and play hard today- and that just didn't happen.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

This evening my brother called. (He was with me at the game in Ruston today.) He said he had a bad dream and was glad that we would be driving to Ruston tomorrow for Game Day!! I told him I had the same friggin bad dream!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Many keep saying we are making progress. Our attendance has improved. Facilities are better. Other factors, from the budget, to alumni contributions have eeked upward. All of that is true.

But, it's like building the Great Wall of China....with four brick-layers. Progress, yes, but it's gonna take a while.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, our ADM embarrassed us all 3 years ago missing a shot at a bowl game. Don't let it be said that our fans embarrassed us this year by not attending in mass the N.O. Bowl or whatever bowl bid we receive.
    Attend, enjoy and be glad we went to back to back bowl games. Be a true and loyal DAWG fan always and not some bandwagon fan.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Guys, our ADM embarrassed us all 3 years ago missing a shot at a bowl game. Don't let it be said that our fans embarrassed us this year by not attending in mass the N.O. Bowl or whatever bowl bid we receive.
    Attend, enjoy and be glad we went to back to back bowl games. Be a true and loyal DAWG fan always and not some bandwagon fan.
    Amen!

+ Reply to Thread