+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech's Bowl Game

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech's Bowl Game

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    That would be an awesome match-up for them. I do hope they choose that one.
    Recent info is that @ Lafayette will not qualify for a bowl game unless accepted with a losing record.

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

Any of the three eligible teams from the sunbelt would kick team I saw yesterday's butt.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Yes, it all depends on where WKU and S. Miss decide to go. The winner likely takes Dallas vs Big10. If Independence Bowl opens up vs a P5, USM will get that. They earned the higher ranking and desirability by destroying us.
    I thought if CUSA does not have enough teams to qualify for the Bowls tied to our Conference, Indy Bowl could not pick CUSA, if Indy gets no one from SEC or ACC to qualify for their spot. They were talking about this before our game Saturday.

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

I know NO Bowl isn't preferred, but at least it's an easy travel game. With that said, as an organizer of our New Orleans alumni efforts, we're looking forward to having our fellow Bulldogs visit. We don't get much Tech action in Southeast Louisiana, so it'll be exciting to show New Orleans what Tech can bring to town - and that there's more than LSU!

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Lafayette is staying home.
    That's a shame

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Then we are in the wrong conference.
    How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg03 View Post
    I know NO Bowl isn't preferred, but at least it's an easy travel game. With that said, as an organizer of our New Orleans alumni efforts, we're looking forward to having our fellow Bulldogs visit. We don't get much Tech action in Southeast Louisiana, so it'll be exciting to show New Orleans what Tech can bring to town - and that there's more than LSU!
    Our fans are going to love the superdome. It's going to be a night game. I guarantee a 70 degree game time temp with no rain. Comfortable cushioned seats. Good concessions and bathrooms. Alcohol. Walk to and from your hotel.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    How did you arrive at that conclusion?
    Being motivated to play a SuBelt team over being motivated for playing for division title and chance to play for conference championship.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

As Tech prepares for a bowl game, are there any injuries or academic casualties? I noticed Jarred Craft didn't play yesterday, and wondered why.

How do things work regarding the extra practices? There are 5 games on December 19th (2 of them have C-USA connections - New Orleans and New Mexico) with others not being played until after January 1st. It stands to reason no practices will be conducted once a team has played in a bowl, but it also seems a team that plays after January 1st should be allowed to have more practices than a team playing on December 19th. If more practices are allowed based on when games are played, should that be a factor in deciding where to go if given a choice?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Greg View Post
    Because they don't want to play a sunbelt team. They're trying for Indy. If that can't happen they probably want Dallas.
    I could see them wanting to play in the Indy. But many prognostications don't have a P5 in Dallas.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Being motivated to play a SuBelt team over being motivated for playing for division title and chance to play for conference championship.
    Independent events without replacement.

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I'd rather play anyone over a belcher. But, I wasn't the one that laid an egg yesterday. There are rewards for accomplishments, and consequences for failures.

Look....I have been an active fan of Tech football since 1976. In fact, I was thinking about the '76 game vs. USM, the "Snow Bowl," a cold, wind-blown, dreary day of mixed sleet and some snow, and Tech's last minute drive INTO that stiff northern wind, trailing 16-22, and Arry Moody's GW TD, Tech 23 USM 22.

I will be a Tech football fan LOOOOOONG after these players, and coaches, are all gone. Yesterday's debacle, and whatever happens in the bowl game, are mere minor blurps in the history of my fandom. There will be a lot more ups and downs to come for me, as a fan.

BUT!!! the players....these guys. Not so. As a player there is a definitive END to your career. So, how do they feel about it? How do THEY want their playing career to end? If any players are reading this, and you have even one ounce of competitive spirit in you, let me warn you now, how you go out will stay with you THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Winning your last game, and leaving with a good feeling about your team, and yourself, is a good way to end a playing career.

All that said, I would hope the players (and coaches) will embrace whatever bowl opportunity is presented, and make the most of it.
    This is so true. My last game ended in a tie with Maryland and it still hurts not to go out on a win. Our team will play a bowl game for our seniors and hopefully play a hell of a game. I don't really care who we play in our bowl as long as tech plays hard and doesn't quit. This season could have been special but it can be salvaged. Win a bowl and get back to back 9 wins would be nice.

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I could see them wanting to play in the Indy. But many prognostications don't have a P5 in Dallas.
    I didn't say anything about P5 I said they don't want to play a belt team...just like us.

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post

This is so true. My last game ended in a tie with Maryland and it still hurts not to go out on a win. Our team will play a bowl game for our seniors and hopefully play a hell of a game. I don't really care who we play in our bowl as long as tech plays hard and doesn't quit. This season could have been special but it can be salvaged. Win a bowl and get back to back 9 wins would be nice.

I like it when you are optimistic and comment on the good things

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    As Tech prepares for a bowl game, are there any injuries or academic casualties? I noticed Jarred Craft didn't play yesterday, and wondered why.

How do things work regarding the extra practices? There are 5 games on December 19th (2 of them have C-USA connections - New Orleans and New Mexico) with others not being played until after January 1st. It stands to reason no practices will be conducted once a team has played in a bowl, but it also seems a team that plays after January 1st should be allowed to have more practices than a team playing on December 19th. If more practices are allowed based on when games are played, should that be a factor in deciding where to go if given a choice?
    All bowl teams get the same number of practices. Generally, the teams in the later bowls just start practicing later

+ Reply to Thread