+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech's Bowl Game

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Tech's Bowl Game

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    So you'd rather play a 5-7 P5 team over a SBC champion close to home?
    A bowl game in Dallas vs 5-7 Nebraska or in NO vs Arkansas State. Is this a serious question?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Even with a 5-7 team, would you rather be in Dallas or NO? I would take Dallas for sure. I don't want NO and the SB.
    Day after Christmas works better for me because my wife is off work. She is not off the weekend before. So that means Dallas > N.O. for me. Also, we have more family to stay with over BR/N.O.

I'm not trying to argue. I just try to present facts. The HoD bowl will probably be a Pac 12 team, but I've seen projections for a MAC team. So if is MAC in Dallas or SBC in N.O. what do you prefer?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

If you are going to restrict the scenario to a G5 team only, then yes NO Blow.

Any bowl game vs a P5 (with any record) is the preferable matchup.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Day after Christmas works better for me because my wife is off work. She is not off the weekend before. So that means Dallas > N.O. for me. Also, we have more family to stay with over BR/N.O.

I'm not trying to argue. I just try to present facts. The HoD bowl will probably be a Pac 12 team, but I've seen projections for a MAC team. So if is MAC in Dallas or SBC in N.O. what do you prefer?
    I will always prefer Dallas- and if you throw in a SB team in Dallas, I would still pick that. If I hadn't been there yesterday I would say it would be fun to see Cal play TECH in Dallas, but I think they would score 100 on the team we were yesterday. I don't ever want to have to play in NO against a SB team- don't want to play there unless it is the Sugar Bowl.
    Last edited by Cal&Ken; 11-29-2015 at 10:45 AM.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I'd rather play anyone over a belcher. But, I wasn't the one that laid an egg yesterday. There are rewards for accomplishments, and consequences for failures.

Look....I have been an active fan of Tech football since 1976. In fact, I was thinking about the '76 game vs. USM, the "Snow Bowl," a cold, wind-blown, dreary day of mixed sleet and some snow, and Tech's last minute drive INTO that stiff northern wind, trailing 16-22, and Arry Moody's GW TD, Tech 23 USM 22.

I will be a Tech football fan LOOOOOONG after these players, and coaches, are all gone. Yesterday's debacle, and whatever happens in the bowl game, are mere minor blurps in the history of my fandom. There will be a lot more ups and downs to come for me, as a fan.

BUT!!! the players....these guys. Not so. As a player there is a definitive END to your career. So, how do they feel about it? How do THEY want their playing career to end? If any players are reading this, and you have even one ounce of competitive spirit in you, let me warn you now, how you go out will stay with you THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Winning your last game, and leaving with a good feeling about your team, and yourself, is a good way to end a playing career.

All that said, I would hope the players (and coaches) will embrace whatever bowl opportunity is presented, and make the most of it.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    The fans from SM we talked to had no interest in NO- they aren't stupid. You would have to be insane to pick NO against a SB team. We won that honor yesterday.
    I don't know about that. USM and @ Lafayette fans on the CUSA board have posted about how great a match up it would be in the NO bowl.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Big 10 will not be able to fill the HoD bowl unless a 5-7 exception is made
    THey have 9 bowl games and 8 bowl eligible teams - HoD is last in their pecking order. That doesn't even count the fact they might have 3 teams in NY6 bowls
    Will they have 11 teams in bowl games?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Will they have 11 teams in bowl games?
    10 if based on APR - Nebraska & Minnesota- but that does not guarantee they will be placed in their conference affiliated bowls

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...-to-fill-bowls

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Over 93% of the teams in the FBS have 2 or more losses. Only 2 are unbeaten and 6 have 1 loss. Three of the teams with 1 loss were beaten by teams with losing records. My point is, even good teams get beat, and sometimes by teams they should have beaten. Tech's loss to USM was a huge kick in the gut, but we know Tech is better than what we saw yesterday. Take away the turnovers and Tech may very well have won the game yesterday, and won big. Be disappointed, but no need to hang our heads.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I thought HOD was against a Big 12 this year?

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    It is - I wasn't paying attention and following C&K's post

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Yep, http://www.theheartofdallasbowl.com/big-10 Link has "big-10" in the title, but the site shows the breakdown by year for the next few years with Big 12 this year.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I don't know about that. USM and @ Lafayette fans on the CUSA board have posted about how great a match up it would be in the NO bowl.
    That would be an awesome match-up for them. I do hope they choose that one.

NY6 -OU - maybe Baylor
    Valero Alamo
    Russell Athletic
    AdvoCare V100 Texas
    AutoZone Liberty
    Cactus
    Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl

----
    7 or 8 slots
    6 eligible teams + KState could get eligible or receive 5-7 exception
    If Baylor doesn't get NY6 and KSU gets eligible- HoD will get B12

Big 12 Bowl order
    NY6 -OU - maybe Baylor
    Valero Alamo
    Russell Athletic
    AdvoCare V100 Texas
    AutoZone Liberty
    Cactus
    Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl

----
    7 or 8 slots