+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: There is another 5th year QB out there.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: There is another 5th year QB out there.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    Price seems to look like he feels entitled
    Explain that one. Maybe Champ110 can help with this "feels" thing.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

I'm not knocking the kid. He just seems to have an arrogance that he carries around with him. I know many guys on the team share this sentiment. I guess what I'm saying is he feels like he's the real deal and doesn't need to work for it. That could change, but as a coach or fan, and being a former athlete, these arent the type guys I want running the show. It doesn't work out most of the time. I may be completely wrong, but I am just giving my opinion. I know he has talent, but talent takes you nowhere at this level if you're not willing to put the work in.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Hum...Doubt it but interesting.

UGA QB Faton Bauta decides to transfer from Bulldogs

On the heels of Mark Richt officially moving on to Miami, Georgia’s roster has seen a change as well. In a press release, UGA announced that Faton Bauta has decided to transfer out of the football program. The decision is effective immediately, and the quarterback will not be on the roster for the Bulldogs’ bowl […]

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know much about Price, except what I have read on here. If he does "feel entitled", he won't get very far, though. Players that want to earn their spot and have something to prove are the best candidates for QB. They HAVE to have that hunger to improve and show it on the field. Otherwise, they will not be a leader.

As for as a transfer vs. a current roster player, we need to take whatever route needed to put a winner on the field. I don't care if the guy is 15 years old, 30 years old, or been with our program for 1 to 4 years. Give us someone that is hungry and a leader with talent! Every year it starts all over and that becomes the most important year.

This goes for Jeff in our bowl game too. He proved all year that he has what it takes. Now, after last week, it comes down to his final game and he has a LOT to prove in our bowl game to make up for it. He has the talent, so we are in the best possible situation headed into wherever we are going!

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

What price has is confidence. Something that is infectious in the huddle. I guess you don't like Tom Brady either. If the kid can back up his cockiness, he has the potential to be a very good Qb. Strong arm with quick release and no longer looks like the pilsbury doe boy. If he is near as tough as Sokol, he could be great. I am not a fan of the duel threat Qbs as most can only run very well and passing is not up to standard. The Qb from Houston is an exception as he seems pretty damn good at both.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Since starting Isham, when has a QB had to earn the starting position?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

They've all had to earn it. What do you mean?

Also, OU's former starter is eligible to transfer and play in 2016.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

And now this one.

QB Kyle Allen transferring from Texas A&M

By Kevin McGuireDec 10, 2015, 8:19 PM EST

Another year, another Texas A&M is transferring. Kyle Allen will transfer to another place to call his football home, Texas A&M announced Thursday evening.
    Allen started the season as Texas A&M’s starting quarterback but he would lose the starting job to Kyler Murray
    as the season played out. Allen completed 56.5 percent of his pass attempts for 2,210 yards and 17 touchdowns with seven interceptions. He did not play games against South Carolina or Auburn following two straight losses to Alabama and Ole Miss, in which he was picked off four times and threw just one touchdown in the two losses. For whatever reason, things just did not work out for the former five-star quarterback recruit under Kevin Sumlin.
    MORE
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/10/qb-kyle-allen-transferring-from-texas-am/

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I read the Chronicle article on Kyle and couldn't tell if he was a Sr. or underclassman.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    And now this one.

QB Kyle Allen transferring from Texas A&M

By Kevin McGuireDec 10, 2015, 8:19 PM EST

Another year, another Texas A&M is transferring. Kyle Allen will transfer to another place to call his football home, Texas A&M announced Thursday evening.
    Allen started the season as Texas A&M’s starting quarterback but he would lose the starting job to Kyler Murray
    as the season played out. Allen completed 56.5 percent of his pass attempts for 2,210 yards and 17 touchdowns with seven interceptions. He did not play games against South Carolina or Auburn following two straight losses to Alabama and Ole Miss, in which he was picked off four times and threw just one touchdown in the two losses. For whatever reason, things just did not work out for the former five-star quarterback recruit under Kevin Sumlin.
    MORE
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...from-texas-am/
    I've heard that Kyle Allen will transfer to..........wait for it..................................CAL!!!! That's right. Supposedly, Sonny Dykes is all over this one.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I've heard that Kyle Allen will transfer to..........wait for it..................................CAL!!!! That's right. Supposedly, Sonny Dykes is all over this one.
    I guess that means that Goff is coming out for the NFL for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Yes that was in the same article.

Bulldog richardtech2010 is just really nicerichardtech2010 is just really nicerichardtech2010 is just really nicerichardtech2010 is just really nicerichardtech2010 is just really nicerichardtech2010 is just really nicerichardtech2010 is just really nicerichardtech2010 is just really nicerichardtech2010 is just really nice richardtech2010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I read the Chronicle article on Kyle and couldn't tell if he was a Sr. or underclassman.
    Allen was a sophomore this year. so 2 more playing years cause I think he was a true freshman last year.

Also, Trevor Knight from Oklahoma is transferring

Bulldog DD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her game

QB Transfers

Just saw in USA Today that Trevor Knight from OK and Kyle Allen from TX A&M have been granted releases from schollys. Knight will soon graduate and be immediately eligible. Allen is a Sophomore and will have to sit out at another FBS school. I'm high on Price as being our next QB but I sure wouldn't turn the other way if another QB from a top program were interested in following the footsteps of Colby Cameron and Jeff Driskell.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Re: QB Transfers

I think you are referring to Cody Sokol and Jeff Driskel, but I certainly would kick the tires on both of them. Could it hurt recruiting with high school qbs? Possibly, but the name of the game is to win, and if this gives us the best chance to win next year and either guy fits the mold of the type of young men that Skip likes at QB then I would reach out to them.

+ Reply to Thread