+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Orleans - THE Game for THE Tech

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

New Orleans - THE Game for THE Tech

If Southern Miss receives the Heart of Dallas Bowl bid and the Independence Bowl vs. Virginia Tech is not an option, then the New Mexico Bowl vs. the Mountain West is the best option for our program.

Let's not slum with the Belch in New Orleans. We have better options. Easy decision: Choose the best conference/opponent prestige possible. Play up, not down whether it's in Minden or on the moon. Let's not voluntarily take a step backward.

Playing a Belch team in a bowl game would not feel like a bowl game. After the team didn't show up against UTEP or Southern Miss, good luck getting fans to buy tickets to travel to see us play a team from the Belch. When I completed the bowl interest form at latechsports.com, I checked every bowl except New Orleans.

Beating a Belch JUCO will do nothing to advance our program. We've shown our superiority vs. the Belch over the last 2 seasons by thrashing U-La-La. No need to do it again. Let's play a team from the Mountain West or another respected conference.

I know what bowl Dooley and BVDV would say "thanks but no thanks" to. I hope Tommy will do the same.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 11-30-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Any bowl opponent but the Sun Belt

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    If Southern Miss receives the Heart of Dallas Bowl bid and the Independence Bowl vs. Virginia Tech is not an option, then the New Mexico Bowl vs. the Mountain West is the best option for our program.

Let's not slum with the Belch in New Orleans. We have better options. Easy decision: Choose the best conference/opponent prestige possible. Play up, not down whether it's in Minden or on the moon. Let's not voluntarily take a step backward.

Playing a Belch team in a bowl game would not feel like a bowl game. After the team didn't show up against UTEP or Southern Miss, good luck getting fans to buy tickets to travel to see us play a team from the Belch. When I completed the bowl interest form at latechsports.com, I checked every bowl except New Orleans.

Beating a Belch JUCO will do nothing to advance our program. We've shown our superiority vs. the Belch over the last 2 seasons by thrashing U-La-La. No need to do it again. Let's play a team from the Mountain West or another respected conference.

I know what bowl Dooley and BVDV would say "thanks but no thanks" to. I hope Tommy will do the same.
    good post. The fear I have is neither TM nor SH have been here very long. I am not sure they understand the history of this whole thing. TM, for heaven's sake, has been in the Southland his entire career, both as a student and administrator. That's dangerous.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Excellent post!! Green for you.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Just enjoy whatever Bowl invite we receive just like the P5 teams do. Be a faithful Tech bulldawg and attend with a glad heart and have tons of fun.
    New Orleans is a great city in which the players, their families and coaching staff will have an awesome time just like the alumni will for sure!!
    Don't let our team and university down like BVDV, DR and the IBowl did. Be proud and show up in mass strong and loud.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Why have 2500 Tech fans against MWC crap when we can have 15-20K in our recruiting backyard against Ark St.

If we wanted better, we should have shown up to play the last 2 games!!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Why have 2500 Tech fans against MWC crap when we can have 15-20K in our recruiting backyard against Ark St.

Thank you! And our 20,000 plus the team will enjoy the heck out of a bowl in New Orleans!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Thank you! And our 20,000 plus the team will enjoy the heck out of a bowl in New Orleans!
    Do you seriously believe you will have anywhere close to that go to NO to watch TECH play a SB team? I am not saying you will not, I seriously want to know if that is what you think will happen. I think that is way more likely in Dallas.

Varsity Bulldog LeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the rough

I think a lot of fans would go just because it's New Orleans, opponent won't matter. We still would've had great attendance at HOD bowl last year even if we had played a MWC team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Do you seriously believe you will have anywhere close to that go to NO to watch TECH play a SB team? I am not saying you will not, I seriously want to know if that is what you think will happen. I think that is way more likely in Dallas.
    Yes I 100% do.
    I can not help the Texan wannabes that live in N. La however.

Quote Originally Posted by LeggoDawgs View Post
    I think a lot of fans would go just because it's New Orleans, opponent won't matter. We still would've had great attendance at HOD bowl last year even if we had played a MWC team.
    Indeed both statements are true. Tech fans travel well and a bowl in New Orleans or wherever will be fun! Heck, we showed up in great numbers at the Poinsettia Bowl in California.

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

Lowering themselves to play the belt in the New Orleans bowl killed these programs:

Colorado State
    Cincinnati
    Memphis
    Southern Miss
    Southern Miss
    Rice
    Memphis
    Southern Miss
    Southern Miss
    Ohio
    San Diego State
    East Carolina
    Tulane
    Nevada

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post

You actually think we'll have 15-20K fans travel to Nola the weekend before Christmas to watch us play a Belcher??

Tommy would be lucky to sell 5K tickets for a bowl game against a team from the Belch, especially after those last two dismal performances by our football team.

Regardless, the decision should not be based on how many fans could attend. It should be based on choosing the opponent with the most prestige to advance our program. Nobody wants to play a JUCO from the Belch.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Greg View Post
    Lowering themselves to play the belt in the New Orleans bowl killed these programs:

Colorado State
    Cincinnati
    Memphis
    Southern Miss
    Southern Miss
    Rice
    Memphis
    Southern Miss
    Southern Miss
    Ohio
    San Diego State
    East Carolina
    Tulane
    Nevada
    I think it actually did kill all 4 of those Southern Miss programs. What was it, 23 consecutive losses?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

You actually think we'll have 15-20K fans travel to Nola the weekend before Christmas to watch us play a Belcher??

Tommy would be lucky to sell 5K tickets for a bowl game against a team from the Belch, especially after those last two dismal performances by our football team.

Regardless, the decision should not be based on how many fans could attend. It should be based on choosing the opponent with the most prestige to advance our program. Nobody wants to play a JUCO from the Belch.
    I tend to agree with you- I don't think we will take a crowd, even with NO as the enticement. I just don't see us traveling well there to play a SB team. Regardless of the location, we should be trying to play the best opponent.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

If we play against a Sun Belt team the way we played against UTEP and USM, we'll get our asses handed to us.

+ Reply to Thread