+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: New Orleans - THE Game for THE Tech

Bulldog SBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Anywhere but New Orleans

Think the decision has been made, and the folks in New Orleans picked who they wanted from those available, and got them. One of them wants to be there.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

The AD doesn't get to pick the bowl game.He can lobby for another one but as maddawg just said that's not the way it works.

The point maddawg is some are acting like the new olreans bowl is the end of the world and its not.

Nobody remember who plays in these bowl games outside of the playoffs except for the fanbases of those schools..If we cant get a game vs a Power 5 go for location..

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cnn003 View Post
    The "mythical" value is not monetary. The "mythical" value is that more Tech fans could see great players like Kenneth Dixon, Vernon Butler, and Jeff Driskel one last time in person. I would like to see them again. Seeing them on TV isn't the same, and I don't know how to quantify that.

Sure, I'd love to go to see them in Dallas, Shreveport, or Fort Worth, but those may not be option. I won't be going if it's in New Mexico, Phoenix, et al.

New Orleans provides our fans this "mythical" value. I will gladly go one last time. Not everything is about separating from the Sunbelt, money, etc.
    That's the value to YOU personally. What's the value to TECH?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    The AD doesn't get to pick the bowl game.He can lobby for another one but as maddawg just said that's not the way it works.

The point maddawg is some are acting like the new olreans bowl is the end of the world and its not.

Nobody remember who plays in these bowl games outside of the playoffs except for the fanbases of those schools..If we cant get a game vs a Power 5 go for location..
    I'm against NO for a different reason than '06, but I also agree with his objection. That being said, I believe our AD will go with these silly polls instead of making a decision on what's best for the program as a whole.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

That's ok we all don't have to agree and still be friends.For personal reasons Im on board for the NOLA Bowl..Thats because outside of playing in a game vs the Illinois of the world again than I don't see the difference than New Mexico, Shreveport,New Orleans etc. So where would I rather go, New Orleans.

Bulldog cnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    That's the value to YOU personally. What's the value to TECH?
    Because fan bases are built from people like ME, and people like you. Fans enjoying a sporting event is the sole reason the market for college football is big $$$. Fans giving money to Tech and going to games are a huge source of revenue our athletic budget. I don't think it's a crazy notion that our AD has given 1/3 of the criteria for bowl selection being "fan accessibility". Bowls build fan bases, especially bowls that fans can attend.

And contrary to you, I realize that most of our fan base isn't caught up in the day-to-day garbage that's discussed on messages boards.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Maybe some people are thinking by New Orleans it is meant the Sugar Bowl. Yeah, that HAS to be where the confusion is coming from .

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

This thread is still going strong? If we do go to New Orleans, I can't wait to see the full, detailed report citing quantitative research of how it hurt our program besides more fans being able to come and have a good time watching and supporting their team.

Bulldog cnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg03 View Post
    This thread is still going strong? If we do go to New Orleans, I can't wait to see the full, detailed report citing quantitative measures of how it hurt our program besides more fans being able to come and have a good time watching and supporting their team.
    LOL agreed.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post

Yes

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg03 View Post
    This thread is still going strong? If we do go to New Orleans, I can't wait to see the full, detailed report citing quantitative research of how it hurt our program besides more fans being able to come and have a good time watching and supporting their team.

This thread is completely ridiculous. We're going bowling for consecutive years for the first time since the Carter administration. Some of you need to calm the hell down and clean off your blue and red tinted glasses.

Bulldog SBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSBC Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

As far as the I-Bowl: "The chances seem slim, but there's still a possibility, according to Tech athletic director Tommy McClelland."

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/spo...-yet/76601994/

Bulldog S'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post

This thread is completely ridiculous. We're going bowling for consecutive years for the first time since the Carter administration. Some of you need to calm the hell down and clean off your blue and red tinted glasses.
    Thank you! I hope the majority of fans feel this way. I'm getting really tired of the incessant over complaining. There are "fans" who are boycotting certain bowls. After the basketball loss last night I've seen posts writing the Men's team off for the year and we're 5-1! It's getting comical. I think some people here would be better off being LSU fans. They leave the game at halftime if they're down by 2 scores. I understand complaining about a bad performance in a game, but then MOVE ON after complaining. Those that are boycotting the New Orleans Bowl, fine, ban yourself from commenting your negativity on here too.

Tech a strong option for NOLA Bowl..........but:

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/spo...bowl/76664264/

and I posted this quote I found on AStateNation.com on another thread but it was deleted:

Per the sports editor of the Ruston Daily Leader OK Davis, "unless other things materialize it's likely LA Tech will be playing Arkansas State"
    He also says "WKU and USM likely to be heading to either the heart of Dallas or the Florida bowls cusa has"

+ Reply to Thread