+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: New Orleans - THE Game for THE Tech

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Re: Any bowl opponent but the Sun Belt

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    With that mindset no P5 would play the mid to lower D1 schools in bowls ever. And we sure aren't better then the P5. Your argument doesn't hold water.
    I would rather not play a belch team either but "it is what it is" possibly for this year. Don't go if you are afraid of playing ArkSt or of being in the great city of New Orleans.
    Have I once said I wanted a P5 team? Absolutely not. I want a good opponent that has some national recognition. I would love to play Cincinatti, South Florida, or a team similar to that. That is how you enhance your brand. Then if you beat an AAC team the conference remembers you and when it comes time for expansion once again you have potentially put yourself in position to be invited.

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Do you seriously believe you will have anywhere close to that go to NO to watch TECH play a SB team? I am not saying you will not, I seriously want to know if that is what you think will happen. I think that is way more likely in Dallas.
    One of the reasons there was such a big crowd in Dallas was because of the number of Tech grads that live there. 20K people didn't load up and travel there from Ruston and Shreveport last year. New Orleans is the same way. There are a lot of Tech people in New Orleans and i'm sure we would have just as big a crowd for a game there. While I'm not excited about playing a sun belt team in a bowl game, it's much better than going to New Mexico.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I know you're kidding MD. I can't do quotes or emogis on my phone. Before 06 gets on me, I realize there are significant differences between Co State and Ark State. But Auburn and Ole Miss hired from Ark State and Florida hired from Co State. It's not like they are in a different stratosphere.
    Haha! You beat me to it. HUGE difference between Colorado State and Arkansas State. As in like Buckingham Palace to a Lafayette trailer park.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

With that mindset no P5 would play the mid to lower D1 schools in bowls ever. And we sure aren't better then the P5. Your argument doesn't hold water.
    I would rather not play a belch team either but "it is what it is" possibly for this year. Don't go if you are afraid of playing ArkSt or of being in the great city of New Orleans.
    You haven't been paying attention. P5 schools try to avoid G4 schools like the plague in bowl season, and G4 schools also try to avoid the Belch like the plague in bowl season.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Glad I was nervous over nothing regarding Lafayette. Still think it was a silly political move by D.R.. We gained football separation for sure. Losing those two MBB games was unforgivable. What should our home streak be now?
    53, No. 1 in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by baddawg View Post
    One of the reasons there was such a big crowd in Dallas was because of the number of Tech grads that live there. 20K people didn't load up and travel there from Ruston and Shreveport last year. New Orleans is the same way. There are a lot of Tech people in New Orleans and i'm sure we would have just as big a crowd for a game there. While I'm not excited about playing a sun belt team in a bowl game, it's much better than going to New Mexico.
    You honestly think we'd sell 20K tickets to the NO Bowl vs. a Belcher after our last 2 performances??

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Just enjoy whatever Bowl invite we receive just like the P5 teams do. Be a faithful Tech bulldawg and attend with a glad heart and have tons of fun.
    New Orleans is a great city in which the players, their families and coaching staff will have an awesome time just like the alumni will for sure!!
    Don't let our team and university down like BVDV, DR and the IBowl did. Be proud and show up in mass strong and loud.
    There are only 3 bowls I can go to. I want to see us in the best option out of those three.
    Personally, I'd rather not go to Shreveport, but that is only because of selfish reasons. (I don't know if TAG can pull off a tailgate a week before Christmas. And I would feel obligated to try.) So I would prefer N.O. over Shreveport. Dallas is my #1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    You honestly think we'd sell 20K tickets to the NO Bowl vs. a Belcher after our last 2 performances??
    Dawg06, you are in the minority on "boycotting" the N.O. bowl. MOST would go to this game, not boycott it. I understand what you are saying, I just disagree in your thought that no one would go.

Question for anyone, I remember a few years ago talking about "bowl payouts" being tied to ticket sells (not all but part of the payout). Is that true for these bowls? Financially, would it be better to sell 20K tickets to a less preferred bowl or 2K to a more preferred bowl? (Yes, I know bowl money is pooled and then split. But bringing in more money means there is more to split!)

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Crump View Post
    We are offering our student athletes $4,000 COA, travel abroad and guaranteed employment after graduation.
    That's a lofty guarantee.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Crump View Post
    You play against teams in bowls, not conferences. Was Boise "inferior" in the WAC? CUSA has 13 teams and 8 could not manage 6 wins. Nobody is in a position to cast stones.
    And quit sucking up to the ulm losers, you trade school graduate (and yes Arky State is a trade school).

http://www.scout.com/college/louisia...he-west?page=4

Varsity Bulldog LeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the rough

Tommy will put us in New Orleans before Arizona or New Mexico lol. Opponent and the last two games might have a small impact, but I doubt it. People will be excited to watch the dawgs in New Orleans, especially ones that live in the surrounding area.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    Have I once said I wanted a P5 team? Absolutely not. I want a good opponent that has some national recognition. I would love to play Cincinatti, South Florida, or a team similar to that. That is how you enhance your brand. Then if you beat an AAC team the conference remembers you and when it comes time for expansion once again you have potentially put yourself in position to be invited.
    TECH vs South Florida would be the most intriguing matchup to me: Holtz vs his former employer and USF is a more recognized name than any from the SunBelt.

I'd love to see it an believe Holtz could get the team WAY UP for this game and destination. I want the team to be ready and play well. I'd get EXCITED about this one.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    TECH vs South Florida would be the most intriguing matchup to me: Holtz vs his former employer and USF is a more recognized name than any from the SunBelt.

I'd love to see it an believe Holtz could get the team WAY UP for this game and destination. I want the team to be ready and play well. I'd get EXCITED about this one.
    Bump

Puppy ShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

It's still going. HAHA.

Crump don't bring logic into the Delusional message board. CUSA is Clearly better than Sun Belt and the reason is CUSA raided you bottom half so there. Take that

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    This thread is ridiculous; take the NOLA bowl if it's on the table, keep making in roads with South LA recruits. Also the NOLA bowl has moved and is the only bowl game on that night/time.
    +1

We aren't exactly passing on bowl games with Notre Dame going to NOLA.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    There are only 3 bowls I can go to. I want to see us in the best option out of those three.
    Personally, I'd rather not go to Shreveport, but that is only because of selfish reasons. (I don't know if TAG can pull off a tailgate a week before Christmas. And I would feel obligated to try.) So I would prefer N.O. over Shreveport. Dallas is my #1!

Dawg06, you are in the minority on "boycotting" the N.O. bowl. MOST would go to this game, not boycott it. I understand what you are saying, I just disagree in your thought that no one would go.

Question for anyone, I remember a few years ago talking about "bowl payouts" being tied to ticket sells (not all but part of the payout). Is that true for these bowls? Financially, would it be better to sell 20K tickets to a less preferred bowl or 2K to a more preferred bowl? (Yes, I know bowl money is pooled and then split. But bringing in more money means there is more to split!)
    Call it "boycotting" if you wish, but the reality is that our fans will not show up in respectable numbers for a bowl game in Nola vs. the Belch due to lack of interest.

We stunk it up but squeaked it out at UTEP. Then we probably had less than 12K of our own fans show up in Ruston last weekend for a C-USA Division Championship Game vs. a respectable rival (and that's a conservative estimate). Our team didn't show up, and even worse, we watched our team quit out there on the field. Then the fans that did go emptied Aillet Stadium at the beginning of the 4th quarter. What makes you or anybody else think Tech would sell 20K tickets for the NO Bowl vs. a lowly Belcher? That's crazy talk.

+ Reply to Thread