+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What has happened!!!

Puppy bigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the ears

Thumbs Down What has happened!!!

Since Saturday, the FB, MBB, & WBB teams are 1-3 in absolute head scratcher performances!

Did someone brainwash our teams during Thanksgiving??? What the crap is going on out there???

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: What has happened!!!

The men's team was sitting near me tonight and one of the guys remarked "man, they're looking like we did."

I'm waiting for Tech to start playing. We haven't played a game since before Thanksgiving.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but something seems to be afoot. It is almost as if the teams have been told something that has affected their concentration that hasn't made it to the general public yet. What else could be the explanation?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I'm not one for conspiracy theories but something seems to be afoot. It is almost as if the teams have been told something that has affected their concentration that hasn't made it to the general public yet. What else could be the explanation?
    Dammit now I'm worried, thanks.

Unless it's all three coaches being suddenly fired for no reason, nothing makes sense, ha. A great many errors this weekend have been purely mental -- which affected our physical performance. That's on coaching in many cases.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Try the quarter system that makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. Why does Tech insist on continuing this debacle? We are out of sync with every other institution of higher learning in our state, and most of the nation as well. The breaks seem to occur at times that are not conducive to our athletics programs.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I've done the the quarter system at TECH and grad school. Did the semester system at another. The quarter system is far superior in my opinion. If the student is on the ball, quarter system gets the job done quicker and then you move on. Semesters are sluggish and foster lazy students.
    WWDog
    La Tech

Northwestern is on the quarter system. They are 6-1. Their football team is 10-2 and ranked #13/14 in AP/CFP. Their women's team is 6-0, and ranked #15/16 in AP/CP.

Quarter system is not an excuse.

Varsity Bulldog tech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of light tech_dawg_fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Northwestern is on the quarter system. They are 6-1. Their football team is 10-2 and ranked #13/14 in AP/CFP. Their women's team is 6-0, and ranked #15/16 in AP/CP.

Quarter system is not an excuse.
    I've never seen UCLA complain about the quarter system either.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

I've done the the quarter system at TECH and grad school. Did the semester system at another. The quarter system is far superior in my opinion. If the student is on the ball, quarter system gets the job done quicker and then you move on. Semesters are sluggish and foster lazy students.
    Agreed. Did a graduate degree under quarter system and loved it. Learned faster, retained more, took more classes that made a double-major affordable. But it does create some calendar issues for athletic teams competing around Thanksgiving. Gotta be some data on that somewhere.

As for "excuse"... no, just looking for a reason to explain a notable phenomenon. Anyone who believes final exam week (for example) doesn't effect your normal mental preparation for a competitive event hasn't been there. All the more in an ethically run program that emphasizes the student-athlete.

WWDog, love the Wild Weasel avatar. The 13th has a splendid history of service--thank you for yours! Were you serving during the Eldridge years?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I am wiping the last week from my memory. Today it starts over and Tech shows up again in all programs! The last game for football, MBB, and WBB never happened. Just a bad dream.

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    Agreed. Did a graduate degree under quarter system and loved it. Learned faster, retained more, took more classes that made a double-major affordable. But it does create some calendar issues for athletic teams competing around Thanksgiving. Gotta be some data on that somewhere.

As for "excuse"... no, just looking for a reason to explain a notable phenomenon. Anyone who believes final exam week (for example) doesn't effect your normal mental preparation for a competitive event hasn't been there. All the more in an ethically run program that emphasizes the student-athlete.

WWDog, love the Wild Weasel avatar. The 13th has a splendid history of service--thank you for yours! Were you serving during the Eldridge years?
    I flew the F-105G and was initial cadre for the F-4G. About the time I got checked out in the F-105G the Vietnam War ended. I did two tours in the F-4G. One at George AFB and the second at Spangdahlem AB. While at Spang, the Persian Gulf War kicked off. We sent one squadron to Saudi. I was not in that squadron but I did put together a concept of operations where we would fly out of Turkey in support of the war. I briefed that all the way to the Centcom Commander. It was OKed after the Centcom commander called Powel while we were in the office. And that is how Proven Force got started. I still didn't get into the war with that as I was being held over from my next assignment because of the concept and briefings. I did get into the theater about a month later but did not get to fly. I was there to perform data collection and after action reports to congress.
    WWDog
    La Tech

+ Reply to Thread