+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What did the MWC offer CUSA to place a team in the Arizona Bowl?

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Re: What did the MWC offer CUSA to place a team in the Arizona Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Maybe it's just me but, gentlemen,

Attachment 13261

+10000000000

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    So we would have had good attendance for the Arizona Bowl?
    Nope. TylerTechsas was trying his hardest to discredit me by making a false claim that I wouldn't have gone to a bowl game in Arizona and wouldn't travel to see Tech play if I had to travel 2.5 hours to go to home games. That's 100% BS. I've been to every Tech bowl game since I was a student including the San Diego Poinsettia Bowl, and I travel 2.5 hours round trip to every Tech home game in addition to traveling much further to many games vs. Cartel 5 opponents and every C-USA West opponent except for UTEP. I was prepared to go to any bowl game to watch Tech play against any non-Belch opponent including Christmas Eve in the Bahamas. Instead of bringing something halfway intelligent to the conversation, he resorts to cursing and baseless personal attacks because he doesn't like the discussion.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Instead of bringing something halfway intelligent to the conversation, he resorts to cursing and personal attacks because he doesn't like the discussion.
    Tyler likes to play his gold level LTAC credentials like a democrat plays the race card. Pay him no mind!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. TylerTechsas was trying his hardest to discredit me by making a false claim that I wouldn't have gone to a bowl game in Arizona and wouldn't travel to see Tech play if I had to travel 2.5 hours to go to home games. That's 100% BS. I've been to every Tech bowl game since I was a student including the San Diego Poinsettia Bowl, and I travel 2.5 hours round trip to every Tech home game in addition to traveling much further to many games vs. Cartel 5 opponents and every C-USA West opponent except for UTEP. I was prepared to go to any bowl game to watch Tech play against any non-Belch opponent including Christmas Eve in the Bahamas. Instead of bringing something halfway intelligent to the conversation, he resorts to cursing and baseless personal attacks because he doesn't like the discussion.
    I've told you all along this week to "just be happy" we are in a bowl two years in a row (Should have been 3 of 4). I don't ever remember cursing you...maybe I did but I doubt it.

I think it's just time to move on. We will always remember the IBowl dorkings, AD BVDV and now maybe a MWC KY Jelly deal but in the end (pun intended) it matters not as long as we did what's right for TECH by $$ and attendance. And the ADM must think we did.
    If not, bulldogs have a very long memory of being kicked in the butt!

"Just be happy" man as it's bowl season and Christmas time.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I've told you all along this week to "just be happy" we are in a bowl two years in a row (Should have been 3 of 4). I don't ever remember cursing you...maybe I did but I doubt it.

I think it's just time to move on. We will always remember the IBowl dorkings, AD BVDV and now maybe a MWC KY Jelly deal but in the end (pun intended) it matters not as long as we did what's right for TECH by $$ and attendance. And the ADM must think we did.
    If not, bulldogs have a very long memory of being kicked in the butt!

"Just be happy" man as it's bowl season and Christmas time.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

I personally think it came down to a stupid poll that was done early on the 'Bowl Central' website stating where would you like to see Tech play in a bowl game and the top three 'vote getters' were : HOD, Indy, and NO Bowl. It;s that simple! Our young AD didn't look any further than that, while we all know that the poll didn't have all of the information yet! If it was re-taken today with all the parameters, I think he would have fought harder to move us because it would have had a much different result. Based on his unscientific poll, he didn't have to and he even noted the poll in one of his press releases before the announcements were made. You could tell it was going to be one of those three or bust and when someone said we could go to Indy because of the secondary tie-in, it became clear it would be HOD or NO.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Good one.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

About all that exposure the NO Bowl will bring us in South Louisiana... How much time did the NO Bowl announcement get on the local TV news? Featured in the newspaper? Hot topic on local sports talk? The fact is that this bowl is pretty much ignored down there (much like the HOD Bowl in Dallas). Are recruits gonna buy tickets to the game priced higher than market value? Or are they gonna watch on TV and follow on social media like they do every bowl?
    It's not THAT bad.

As much as we may hate to admit it, UL-L definitely boosted the bowl's stature in New Orleans. I think Tech is going to have a similar effect, and people will pay some attention to it.

And all the bowl tickets to all the bowl games are overpriced. That's nothing new.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

According to our AD he (LaTech) had no say in bowl choice other than the New Orleans Bowl.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Next.

It's an insult to fans for him to over simplify the process, condescending statements like, "Yes, we had a say. We got an invitation from the New Orleans Bowl and we accepted the invitation."

+ Reply to Thread