+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tony Franklin may be headed to Texas

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Re: Tony Franklin may be headed to Texas

Remember Dykes said the stremngth of the system is you don't have to have smart players. He said complicated offenses keep your best athletes on the sideline. you just practice the same 7 plays over and over so you have done them hundreds of times and the defense has only seen them 10 or so times each in practice.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I can't believe they are keeping Charlie Strong....
    Strong is a good coach with morals and ethics. THAT cupboard was bare.

I think Browns last year or Strong's first was the first time in like 30 years they did not have a player drafted into the NFL. Not one.

Strong spent the entire first year changing the culture and cleaning the riff-raff out of that program. He ran off A LOT of thugs and criminals. Told the football team they have to live on campus unless they are a Senior or carry an A average. Mack Brown was completely asleep at the wheel towards the end of his tenure.

Now Strong is desperately trying to find a QB. Everywhere else there is good young talent. But both QB's they are using have terrible mechanics. Really ugly to watch Heard and Swoopes throw a football. The kid they have the verbal commit from is good and has great mechanics. Probably in his genes as his dad was the long time 3rd baseman for the Texas Rangers and had a very strong arm.

The Horns Boosters need to give this guy some time. He's doing things the right way but he inherited a train wreck.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Maybe so. But Charlie Strong's Horns still suck bad. They beat Baylor last week only because Baylor's 3rd string QB (no exaggeration) got hurt in the 1st quarter and there was no one left to take a snap. Baylor was literally down to 2 Wide Receivers playing QB for the rest of the game. Before Saturday, the 2 WR's rarely ever played for Baylor, but were inserted this time because they both had experience playing QB in high school.

It was that bad. In all my years of watching college football, I'd never seen anything like it.

Trailing 20-0 at halftime, Baylor coach Art Briles switched gears and implemented a completely different "Wildcat" offense with the 2 rarely used WR's alternating at QB in a "run only" offense. And it ALMOST worked! Baylor almost came back. But because there were no passes by Baylor (save for a couple of screens), the clock moved very quickly and Baylor ran out of time. UT hung on to win 23-17. UT knew they had gotten away with robbery.
    I wasn't watching that game but I was flipping through the channels and came upon that game and they were showing Briles on the sideline talking to a WR while he was taking snaps from a center on the sideline and I knew something was very wrong.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13;1564467[B
    ]Strong is a good coach with morals and ethics. THAT cupboard was bare.[/B]

I think Browns last year or Strong's first was the first time in like 30 years they did not have a player drafted into the NFL. Not one.

Strong spent the entire first year changing the culture and cleaning the riff-raff out of that program. He ran off A LOT of thugs and criminals. Told the football team they have to live on campus unless they are a Senior or carry an A average. Mack Brown was completely asleep at the wheel towards the end of his tenure.

Now Strong is desperately trying to find a QB. Everywhere else there is good young talent. But both QB's they are using have terrible mechanics. Really ugly to watch Heard and Swoopes throw a football. The kid they have the verbal commit from is good and has great mechanics. Probably in his genes as his dad was the long time 3rd baseman for the Texas Rangers and had a very strong arm.

The Horns Boosters need to give this guy some time. He's doing things the right way but he inherited a train wreck.
    I totally agree with you about Strong, he is running things the right way.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I can't believe they are keeping Charlie Strong....
    They are not, long term. Strong is just trying to keep his job as long as he can.

Varsity Bulldog techboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her game

Looks like the dynamic duo will be staying in Berkeley a little while longer

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...lden-hurricane

+ Reply to Thread