+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. LA Tech Falls in Tuscon

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Arizona

Tough game coming up on Thursday night. In fact, this may be the toughest team we play in the regular season. I hope we go out and show what we can really do. Time to start clicking on this one! They are 7-1 and look to be a true top 25 team. We are going to have to play close to perfect to even be close in this one.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Arizona

Toughest opponent in the "regular" season? You said UCLA was the best team we would play all year. Now, it's AZ. That is until you need another excuse, so future opponents will conveniently become the best team we will play all year!

And in the "regular" season? Are you expecting a "post" season game?

But hey! maybe we'll keep inside of 20 and you can claim another moral victory. That's all Techster fans can look forward to anyway.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Toughest opponent in the "regular" season? You said UCLA was the best team we would play all year. Now, it's AZ. That is until you need another excuse, so future opponents will conveniently become the best team we will play all year!

But hey! maybe we'll keep inside of 20 and you can claim another moral victory. That's all Techster fans can look forward to anyway.
    Things are fluid. I think Arizona is tougher than UCLA.

Way to bring everyone down, though. You are getting better and better at that.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I think Sunday will be the best team we see...but it is close...Just not sure we are very good at this point of season.

Varsity Bulldog kj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nice

They are a good team but I feel like UCLA is better, they are up to #20 in the latest rankings. Mississippi State is ranked #10 I think, although I'll admit I haven't looked at their rank in a few weeks. We are nowhere close to being a top 25 team so I'm not sure why it's considered a bad thing to be hopeful of seeing a competitive performance against these teams. Of course we'd love to win these games, I'm pretty sure no one is saying we wouldn't love to see that happen. But we have the third youngest team in the country this year and a coach in his second year with the program.

Quote Originally Posted by kj77 View Post
    They are a good team but I feel like UCLA is better, they are up to #20 in the latest rankings. Mississippi State is ranked #10 I think, although I'll admit I haven't looked at their rank in a few weeks. We are nowhere close to being a top 25 team so I'm not sure why it's considered a bad thing to be hopeful of seeing a competitive performance against these teams. Of course we'd love to win these games, I'm pretty sure no one is saying we wouldn't love to see that happen. But we have the third youngest team in the country this year and a coach in his second year with the program.
    Exactly! And, we do have a chance to win, but we must show up like we did against UCLA. This team is young and growing. I am hoping they can put it all together by conference time.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Way to be an ass.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

All year I have been sure that State will be our toughest game. That probably remains the case.

Some of these high-level opponents are good for the team, but too many and you start to lose confidence. Was it 2012 we opened the season with 3 Top 25 teams? Broke our will. This year we've mixed in some cupcakes but I'm still worried about the effect this has come conference time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    All year I have been sure that State will be our toughest game. That probably remains the case.

Some of these high-level opponents are good for the team, but too many and you start to lose confidence. Was it 2012 we opened the season with 3 Top 25 teams? Broke our will. This year we've mixed in some cupcakes but I'm still worried about the effect this has come conference time.
    I agree with you. We need some more confidence boosters to get this young team on the right track. Of course, if we were to pull off the upset, it would do wonders for them. This is the most talented team we have had in a while. Just hoping they can keep their confidence up and get to conference play!

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Faces Arizona Thursday

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech looks to pull off its biggest win of the season Thursday when the Lady Techsters travel to the McKale Center to face the Arizona Wildcats.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Eager to see us play again, looking for steady improvement: but that's yet to come. We've had solid halves, quarters, even 3/4. Yet the past two games have been step backs. I have expectations for this year's team and we'll get some quality, impressive wins as the season goes along. I want some post season action THIS YEAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Eager to see us play again, looking for steady improvement: but that's yet to come. We've had solid halves, quarters, even 3/4. Yet the past two games have been step backs. I have expectations for this year's team and we'll get some quality, impressive wins as the season goes along. I want some post season action THIS YEAR.
    I think we are in the "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" phase.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Way to be an ass.
    That's true.

It's not like we lost to a SWAC team or something...

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

We have to shoot better. Non-negotiable.

+ Reply to Thread