+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is Arkansas State?

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: Who is Arkansas State?

I hope you are wrong - but I see this game as a blowout win for Tech. I think our dawgs have something to prove after that raping that USM gave us.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    I hope you are wrong - but I see this game as a blowout win for Tech. I think our dawgs have something to prove after that raping that USM gave us.
    Holtz, coaches and team captains had the team ready last year and will this year as well.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Holtz, coaches and team captains had the team ready last year and will this year as well.
    Last year was an opportunity to beat a Big 10 team with the recruiting advantages and national press that come with that. There wasn't a person associated with Tech who couldn't get up for that game.

Nobody knows or cares who Arkansas State is. If we lose again we will have more decommitments due to it. We had better win this game.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Last year was an opportunity to beat a Big 10 team with the recruiting advantages and national press that come with that. There wasn't a person associated with Tech who couldn't get up for that game.

Nobody knows or cares who Arkansas State is. If we lose again we will have more decommitments due to it. We had better win this game.
    It's a bowl game and our players will be big time up for playing a conference champion whether you or our older base are or not. And what do you mean by "lose again".

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The question is answered above by "it depends on which team shows up". I have a great feeling that we will show up and be ready to play hard in this one. No way the Tech team that was beat by USM or that played horrible at UTEP is the same team that played in our other conference games. If we are prepared and come in with some emotion to win, this one will be over by the half. I hate to think of the alternative.........

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    The question is answered above by "it depends on which team shows up". I have a great feeling that we will show up and be ready to play hard in this one. No way the Tech team that was beat by USM or that played horrible at UTEP is the same team that played in our other conference games. If we are prepared and come in with some emotion to win, this one will be over by the half. I hate to think of the alternative.........
    I certainly hope you are right! I was sick for a week after the USM game. Giving away a game like that was so hard to take. Never had a chance after the turnovers.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sagarin has it very close and so does Vegas. They are usually pretty accurate. I don't see a blowout. They have a very explosive RB (Gordon), a very good playmaker (McKissik), they have some players who can make plays in special teams, and a pretty good TE, and they create a bunch of turnovers on defense. I think they will put up some points and we will need to outscore them. If our OL can't get a push for our running game, it could look like the USM game for our offense (but not THAT many turnovers). However, Knighten isn't the passer that Mullens is and I like our defense against a run-based team. If we bring our A game we should win. If we don't it's going to be a nervous game.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Truthfully we are limping into this game. Not from injuries, but from recent performance.

I have no "happy" expectations for this game. I will just go, cheer, and HOPE the Dawgs decide to show up and play up to their potential.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post

It's a bowl game and our players will be big time up for playing a conference champion whether you or our older base are or not. And what do you mean by "lose again".
    We better get up for it if we'll suffer decommitments after a loss!

I forgot about Knighten...we offered him out of HS didn't we? Did he decommit from us?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    We better get up for it if we'll suffer decommitments after a loss!

I forgot about Knighten...we offered him out of HS didn't we? Did he decommit from us?
    We offered. Malzahn got him.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...light=knighten

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Docman5 View Post
    I certainly hope you are right! I was sick for a week after the USM game. Giving away a game like that was so hard to take. Never had a chance after the turnovers.
    I totally agree. I was in Denver for Thanksgiving. I forgot to take the time change into account, so I checked the score at 2pm (Denver time) and was literally sick when I saw the score; it essentially ruined my trip. I was visiting some place called "garden of the gods" when I pulled up gameast. Its a huge natural rock structure in Colorado (kind of a big deal). The people in my family where like "isn't this awesome?". My response was "yeah, I guess it's cool. What's the point? Tomorrow isn't coming!" I'm not taking anything away from USM, but I don't think the score of that game reflects our team as a whole. Furthermore, that was USM. In my opinion, they're a much better team than Arkansas State. Lastly, Tech played one of their worst games of the year against USM ( a game that demanded tech's best effort). Seven turnovers?!?! God! Give me a break...That's the stuff nightmares are made of! USM took Tech behind the wood shed, and the players/coaches acted like they liked it. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but you get my point.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I was in Denver for Thanksgiving. I forgot to take the time change into account, so I checked the score at 2pm (Denver time) and was literally sick when I saw the score; it essentially ruined my trip.
    That's not healthy.

Puppy ShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShreveportGRAD Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Probably based upon our last showing against USM. I think there is a significant talent differential in favor of LaTech. We'll see.
    You really think anyone did any research and saw Techs loss to UsM...NO!. They are going with the more familiar name. Only time some people see Tech or A-state is in bowl game pick ems. Them being in 5 straight helped with that. Talent level gap? Are you kidding these 2 teams have mirror image talent.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ShreveportGRAD View Post
    You really think anyone did any research and saw Techs loss to UsM...NO!. They are going with the more familiar name. Only time some people see Tech or A-state is in bowl game pick ems. Them being in 5 straight helped with that. Talent level gap? Are you kidding these 2 teams have mirror image talent.
    They are going by the fact that A-State went undefeated in the Sunbelt and LaTech basically finished 4th in CUSA. Normally, that would equate to a good, competitive match-up with similar talent. I don't think A-State has the horses LaTech has, we'll see though.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Common opponent was LaLaff - Ark.St won by 10.

Idaho put 35 on them

New Mexico put 28 on them

nlulm put 21 on them in the first half

None of those teams could compete in the SWAC. If we don't beat these guys by 3 TDs it will be an embarrassment.

I said that about UTEP too, but HCSH decided to try running Dixon up the middle for the entire game.

+ Reply to Thread