+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. Santos Sends @LATechWBB to 79-62 Win

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. Santos Sends @LATechWBB to 79-62 Win

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Ashley Santos scored 16 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead Louisiana Tech to a 79-62 win over UL-Lafayette Saturday at the Thomas Assembly Center.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Re: W. Basketball. Santos Sends @LATechWBB to 79-62 Win

I think this was the first time ull was favored

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    I think this was the first time ULLwas favored
    ULL was on a 5 game winning streak including wins over Arkansas and Ole Miss. Impressive win all the way around.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

it was a really good win and yes UL-L was the def favorite coming in with those road wins at SEC schools
    The Lady Techsters showed how good they can be even with 27 turnovers and their leader pulling a disappearing act.

We have a group of athletes, turnovers are going to happen and we are gonna have some nights we pull a Miss State game and get our butts beat but then other nights we play like we did tonight and out rebound teams by 25 and look like a good team.

This is what happens when you have a group of athletes that are just really learning to play together, it makes us coaches stay up at night and try to figure out how to capture lightning in a bottle but it will never be captured you just have to hope we have our miss state games against the league cellar dwellers and play like we did tonight and against UCLA when we play the better teams in the conference.

WE MUST do a better job hedging on screens, if UL-L made one shot coming off that screen at the free throw area they made 10 and no one ever hedged to stop that shot.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It was a great game, but let me tell you those ULL players were ROUGH! There were two times that they just outright hit one of our players while on the floor. Got a T on one and the other time not caught by the ref, but was by us. Actually, a decent crowd for no band or cheer squads and everyone in N.O. and out for the break. Our team is REALLY good, but just has to keep learning and we can win a LOT more like this. Moten played really well too! She is just way too tall not to use her more on the block. She either gets the foul or the bucket or both when we can get it over everyone to her.

Their coach is a lot like their football coach. He was totally classless!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    ULL was on a 5 game winning streak including wins over Arkansas and Ole Miss. Impressive win all the way around.
    We handed them only their second loss of the season. The one loss was to Houston by 2 points. Most of their wins were not even close. They were destroying teams. This was a definitely quality win.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    We have a group of athletes, turnovers are going to happen [...]

...when you have a group of athletes that are just really learning to play together, it makes us coaches stay up at night and try to figure out how to capture lightning in a bottle [..]
    The turnovers!
    Is there a pattern to ours this season?
    I think it was the Cole girl we faced from Prarie View who was just a talented, special defender. But what's the problem overall? Do we have a point guard weakness? Are there technique breakdowns in her ball handling?

Or is everyone still thinking, unsure what they're supposed to do next so they hesitate a split second and telegraph what they're about to do?

It does make a big difference when you're confident you know what you're going to do with the ball (and without the ball) a couple seconds ahead of time. That opens up a whole arsenal of eye movements and feints to get defenders to shift weight away from your next passing or driving lane. Once that becomes second nature, you can start thinking one or two moves ahead, doing subtle things to draw defenders out of position for your teammate's next pass.
    (Sorry for that digression --I really miss playing the game!)

(Here. I'll pull it back on-topic.) I wonder if that's what creates the "lightning in a bottle" phenomenon: having 3 or 4 players thinking in-synch, 2 or 3 moves ahead?

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

If we can get control of the turnovers, we can have a very good year.

What I saw last night seemed to me that our players are very quick and just try to do a little too much at times. This is definitely the case with Anthony. She is lightning fast, but sometimes gets sloppy in the process. Some of the others try to play at such a fast pace that it just gets sloppy. It is like they forget that the defender is still going to come after it. Some of there turnovers were due to our speed - others are just puzzling.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Good win.

Was in Lafayette this week and was listening to some radio spots talk show, and when they got to ULL's WBB team they were raving about them, and all that stuff. And! they expected to chalk up a 2nd straight win vs the Techsters. Like it was already in the bag. Glad the Techsters showed 'em to never count your chickens....

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    What I saw last night seemed to me that our players are very quick and just try to do a little too much at times. This is definitely the case with Anthony. She is lightning fast, but sometimes gets sloppy in the process. Some of the others try to play at such a fast pace that it just gets sloppy. It is like they forget that the defender is still going to come after it. Some of there turnovers were due to our speed - others are just puzzling.
    Anthony is like a football receiver that tries to take off downfield before catching the ball. Or something like that.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    The turnovers!
    Is there a pattern to ours this season?
    I think it was the Cole girl we faced from Prarie View who was just a talented, special defender. But what's the problem overall? Do we have a point guard weakness? Are there technique breakdowns in her ball handling?

Or is everyone still thinking, unsure what they're supposed to do next so they hesitate a split second and telegraph what they're about to do?

It does make a big difference when you're confident you know what you're going to do with the ball (and without the ball) a couple seconds ahead of time. That opens up a whole arsenal of eye movements and feints to get defenders to shift weight away from your next passing or driving lane. Once that becomes second nature, you can start thinking one or two moves ahead, doing subtle things to draw defenders out of position for your teammate's next pass.
    (Sorry for that digression --I really miss playing the game!)

(Here. I'll pull it back on-topic.) I wonder if that's what creates the "lightning in a bottle" phenomenon: having 3 or 4 players thinking in-synch, 2 or 3 moves ahead?
    I really think that is comes down to we are trying to do things that we don't do in practice every day, I know fundamentals and techniques are being taught each and every time they step on the floor but when they get in the game they try to push at another level than they are playing in practice. I see them trying to make the perfect pass instead of the easy pass. I also see us trying to make passes at bad angles because they think they see something that might be there when they see it but in that split second when they react the player is a half step out of the right angle so they are now throwing at the wrong angle.
    This is things we are going to have to deal with, but we have to make up for it in other areas, such as rebounding and locking down the defensive end of the floor.

PG position is the key for us to be successful and we are doing that with a Freshman and a JR that has not played in over a year but that isn't an excuse it is just the facts, I see us struggling at times but that doesn't mean we wont be success, it just means we have to excel in other areas to cover up the turnovers

Conference is approaching and this young team will get better as the season goes along. The better the sooner? ???

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Anthoney, has been a pleasant surprise.. Once she gets adjusted to the college level of the game, she is going to be something else!
    I can't wait for her to get her first college level triple dbls,

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

How come Brooke Pumroy isn't starting these days?

+ Reply to Thread