+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Willie Roaf

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

Willie Roaf

Nice piece in the Shreveport Times today as they are counting down the 40 greatest players to appear in the Independence Bowl. Willie Roaf checks in at #7. I hope this link works.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story...bowl/77377014/

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Willie Roaf

Good to see Willie's name in the Saints' ring of honor, right up there with Archie Manning and Ricky Jackson, in the Dome.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, he couldn't have started for an SEC team cause he played for Tech.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping this because I heard an interview with wr yesterday. The focus was the 2000 Saint team.

Wr said his son is going to bat rooge.

Does his son play ball? I googled but could even find the kids name.

Another Bulldawg legends kid in br.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Was in the band at that bowl!

It was great aside from the fact that it ended in a Tie.

But that was before the Internet and before a nationwide view of the college bowl landscape. I think we were really fortunate to be there.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post

But that was before the Internet and before a nationwide view of the college bowl landscape. I think we were really fortunate to be there.
    Yes, this was back in the day when fans had to actually read the news and were limited on information provided of talking heads.

The game was a HUGE deal. There were only 19 bowl games back then for over 100 teams.

IMO, had Tech continued to focus on football and MBB instead of that other sport, we'd be in the AAC now instead C-USA part 3.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    Was in the band at that bowl!

It was great aside from the fact that it ended in a Tie.

I was in the stands for that one! The Maryland band came out marching in a serpentine zig-zagging...it was cool.

BTW in 2001 when we hosted Rice for the first time in the WAC, I was talking with some Rice supporters in our then brand new Tech Hall of Fame in the Field House prior to the game. They marveled about our past heroes, Bradshaw, Fred Dean, our championships...one in their group said, "They sure are proud of their football history." Another said, "Well, at least they have a history to be proud of." Then a woman in the group paused in front of the display of 1990 Indy Bowl and she says, "I was there...in the Maryland band." I said really? "Yep, did my undergrad there and now am working on a PhD at Rice."

Just a little tidbit...

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

"I was in the stands in Birmingham, Al watching that game" Really enjoyed it.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Bumping this because I heard an interview with wr yesterday. The focus was the 2000 Saint team.

Wr said his son is going to bat rooge.

Does his son play ball? I googled but could even find the kids name.

Another Bulldawg legends kid in br.
    How many legacies have we had? Seems like all the high profile ones go to lsu...any another college I could live with....

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    How many legacies have we had? Seems like all the high profile ones go to lsu...any another college I could live with....
    Yeah, that's disappointing, but I dont hold it against them (father or son). They'll do what they feel is best for his future, family, etc ... We should respect that.

What concerns me more is the trend. Does Tech even see it as a problem? Why dont have stronger relationships with our most prominent athletic alums? What are they going to do about it?

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Yeah, that's disappointing, but I dont hold it against them (father or son). They'll do what they feel is best for his future, family, etc ... We should respect that.

What concerns me more is the trend. Does Tech even see it as a problem? Why dont have stronger relationships with our most prominent athletic alums? What are they going to do about it?
    Not a damn thing...nothing...nada...nichts...

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. They'll do what they think is best, as they should...

So what have we done to convince them that Tech is best?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Now you sound like an older person, with some actual wisdom. (Yeah, I'm shocked too! HA!) But this is the kind of stuff that happens when we hire an AD young enough to be confused with other students on campus. Oh yeah, it's cool....for about 5 minutes. BTW, I have nothing against T-Mac. But when it comes to this kind of stuff, he has no clue. He doesn't have the heritage since he didn't go to LA Tech, and he doesn't have the appreciation for history since he's so young.

+ Reply to Thread