+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Hosts McNeese State Tuesday at 6 p.m.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Hosts McNeese State Tuesday at 6 p.m.

I really thought we were going to pull it off in the 4th.......... I had to tune in at half time. We must have had a horrible first two quarters. If we had played like we did in those last two, we would have run them out of the gym.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by shrevedawg View Post
    My observations:
    1. Moten has regressed--lack of talent, lack of talent development, or lack of effort on her part to get better?
    2. Biggest and most worrisome problem: inconsistent effort. Why?
    3. Shooting is poor--one player over 50%
    4. Too many silly turnovers--inexperience?
    5. We played the best with a combined 2 years of D1 experience on the court. The future is bright. We'll have to endure these growing up pains.
    I agree........ The best thing I can say is that it is our new players that are getting it done. Can't say they quit on us last night. Just wish they could come out of the gates like that!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I agree........ The best thing I can say is that it is our new players that are getting it done. Can't say they quit on us last night. Just wish they could come out of the gates like that!
    Santos and Wingate are killing it, they play 100%. But several times last night there were big stretches where the other girls just let stuff happen. Standing around, watching the drive past.

Some questionable calls too, but they had almost no effect in the end.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

We are a bad basketball team, bottom line. To say we should win when a player intentional fouls in a tie game is just nuts. We turn the ball over like it is a dang hot potato. I know I criticize women's basketball alot, but it is extremely difficult to watch when nothing changes. We were celebrating a win over ULL, that is how low this program has gotten. Not to mention we had 28 turnovers in that game, but they just sucked even more.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Preach on...

Honestly, we are only bad compared to what we used to be....... We are, actually, a middle of the road team that has potential to be good with the talent we have. Time will tell if we will improve and be consistent or not. We cannot call it in for part of the game and, then, expect to come back and win it against any team.

Looking at all D1 basketball teams, this one is far from "bad". We just tend to compare ourselves to the Techsters of the 80's and 90's still. I hope we can break out of the middle, but it is going to take some REALLY hard play in conference to get in the top half of the teams in the country.

No need to exaggerate how bad we are, when it is bad enough that we are where we are right now. There are 349 D1 WBB teams in the country - we are not in the worst 100.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

OMG! it's worse than even I thought.

"...- we are not in the worst 100."

Our resident eternal optimist is touting the notion of we not being in the bottom 1/3 in DI basketball as a positive thing. OMG! That's it? Okay....I can see Tommy Mac in a conversation with TS: "because you have us positioned NOT in the bottom 1/3 in the nation, we're gonna award you a raise and contract extension."

I'm so befuddled by this admission from Champ110, I am at a loss of words. This is an amazing reality check. Congrats Champ. Welcome to reality.

Now, as a Techster fan, I want to know what we (Tech) plan to do about this. Personally, I don't think the Boy Wonder is up to the task. I am disappointed that Mickie DeMoss isn't having more of a positive influence. It's true, I have grown so depressed and disgusted by the state of affairs of our WBB program, I have mostly divorced myself from it. But, my daughter loves to go to basketball games and it gives me a chance to spend time with her. So, we have attended a couple games or 3 since TS took over....and I have to say, the Techsters are about the worst-coached team I have ever seen.

I just don't see it getting any better.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    OMG! it's worse than even I thought.

"...- we are not in the worst 100."

Our resident eternal optimist is touting the notion of we not being in the bottom 1/3 in DI basketball as a positive thing. OMG! That's it? Okay....I can see Tommy Mac in a conversation with TS: "because you have us positioned NOT in the bottom 1/3 in the nation, we're gonna award you a raise and contract extension."

I'm so befuddled by this admission from Champ110, I am at a loss of words. This is an amazing reality check. Congrats Champ. Welcome to reality.

Now, as a Techster fan, I want to know what we (Tech) plan to do about this. Personally, I don't think the Boy Wonder is up to the task. I am disappointed that Mickie DeMoss isn't having more of a positive influence. It's true, I have grown so depressed and disgusted by the state of affairs of our WBB program, I have mostly divorced myself from it. But, my daughter loves to go to basketball games and it gives me a chance to spend time with her. So, we have attended a couple games or 3 since TS took over....and I have to say, the Techsters are about the worst-coached team I have ever seen.

I just don't see it getting any better.

Don't misinterpret my statement. I was responding to the statement that we were really bad. We are not really bad, we are middle of the pack. I am NOT happy about that, but believe that we will improve as the season progresses - i ALWAYS have hope.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by shrevedawg View Post
    My observations:
    1. Moten has regressed--lack of talent, lack of talent development, or lack of effort on her part to get better?
    2. Biggest and most worrisome problem: inconsistent effort. Why?
    3. Shooting is poor--one player over 50%
    4. Too many silly turnovers--inexperience?
    5. We played the best with a combined 2 years of D1 experience on the court. The future is bright. We'll have to endure these growing up pains.
    I think the future is bright too. In nearly every game we've had three freshman playing together on the court: Cleaver, Anthony, Leblanc have all played well even though showing some freshman glitches. Davenport is a sophomore. Santos has been awesome the past couple of games.

The inconsistent effort is puzzling. In the first half vs McNeese it looked like we were playing in concrete shoes: slow motion. Several of us long-time fans commented/agreed that the first half against McNeese was the all time low we'd ever seen in the TAC. No getting around that. We've showed in spurts that this team can be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    I think the future is bright too. In nearly every game we've had three freshman playing together on the court: Cleaver, Anthony, Leblanc have all played well even though showing some freshman glitches. Davenport is a sophomore. Santos has been awesome the past couple of games.

The inconsistent effort is puzzling. In the first half vs McNeese it looked like we were playing in concrete shoes: slow motion. Several of us long-time fans commented/agreed that the first half against McNeese was the all time low we'd ever seen in the TAC. No getting around that. We've showed in spurts that this team can be good.
    I agree....... This is mental at this point. No team comes back and cuts it to two in the last quarter from 21 to 18 (third) to 2 in the fourth and not have it in them. We obviously have what it takes. The fear of this getting in their heads is the biggest obstacle now. I am just hoping we turn it around and start fresh in conference.

+ Reply to Thread