+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C-USA WBB Standings, Outlook?

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

C-USA WBB Standings, Outlook?

Standings for C-USA Women’s Basketball
    The NON Conference play is over for the most part in C-USA, here are the current standings:
    Marshall 9-1, PR #180
    UTEP 9-1, PR #32
    W.Kentucky 8-2, PR #84
    Charlotte 7-3, PR #54
    UAB 7-4, PR # 176
    FAU 6-3, PR #73
    MTSU 6-4, Pr #127
    USM 6-4, Pr #123
    UNT 5-5, PR #167
    LaTech 5-6, PR #228
    UTSA 4-5, PR #197
    ODU 4-7, PR #184
    FIU 2-7, PR #329
    Rice 1-9, PR #289

UTEP is the only team in the conference even receiving votes in the USA-Today Poll and that’s just 2…
    And it seems that the Techsters have the 3rd worst PR in the conference, only ahead of FIU and Rice.

Conference play is a all new season for the Techsters, but it’s looking like it might be an up-hill challenge…
    For those with more in-sight than me, where and what parts of the game have we improved in since the beginning of the season?

…Discuss it here

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Re: C-USA WBB Standings, Outlook?

BlindDog, I know you're looking for more insight than I have to offer, but the following remark shouldn't be dismissed as flippant:
    We've shown improvement in every area -- at some moment in the season.

The obvious follow-up question is: Have we shown improvement in the same area two games in a row?
    Maybe, but still not for 4 quarters.

Now in the glass-half-full / glass-half-full-of-spit debate...
    despite the team's prolific incongruity (say that aloud in your best Howard Cosell voice), it's not insignificant that they've had these improved moments, however sporadic. At least they know they can do it, and they know what it feels like to be doing it. Incorporating a repeatable task is much easier than pursuing some eureka moment.

My concern is, to whatever degree over-thinking or unsure-thinking on the court is contributing to turnovers, the time away will only make that problem worse. My expectations remain optimistic for next season, but not so much for this January.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    BlindDog, I know you're looking for more insight than I have to offer, but the following remark shouldn't be dismissed as flippant:
    We've shown improvement in every area -- at some moment in the season.

The obvious follow-up question is: Have we shown improvement in the same area two games in a row?
    Maybe, but still not for 4 quarters.

Now in the glass-half-full / glass-half-full-of-spit debate...
    despite the team's prolific incongruity (say that aloud in your best Howard Cosell voice), it's not insignificant that they've had these improved moments, however sporadic. At least they know they can do it, and they know what it feels like to be doing it. Incorporating a repeatable task is much easier than pursuing some eureka moment.

My concern is, to whatever degree over-thinking or unsure-thinking on the court is contributing to turnovers, the time away will only make that problem worse. My expectations remain optimistic for next season, but not so much for this January.
    Ornge, not sure of what you just stated and I read it twice! But thinking I agree with it just the same!
    Smiling...

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Pardon my Christmas spirit, BlindDog. I used too many clauses.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

If we can get the team the played the second half against McNeese we can compete with anyone. Hopefully the new year we will see that team show up for conference play. It boggles the mind why they were not there for the start of the game but its now a new season and another opportunity.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DFWDawg View Post
    If we can get the team the played the second half against McNeese we can compete with anyone. Hopefully the new year we will see that team show up for conference play. It boggles the mind why they were not there for the start of the game but its now a new season and another opportunity.
    Agreed! Hopefully, we will pull whole games together in conference play and make a run.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

You have to remember we are a very young team. Lots of freshmen and first year players. The new season starts Saturday. Time to get it together. We have a glass half full.

Happy New Year everyone.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

How long are we going to be a young team?

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Next year we will still be young. Just not very young. In two years we will have a junior heavy team. No longer young. That help?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that in theory but it feels like we hear the same excuses every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I understand that in theory but it feels like we hear the same excuses every year.
    I agree. We have a lot to make up for after the only two losing seasons in Lady Techster history. Patience.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    I agree. We have a lot to make up for after the only two losing seasons in Lady Techster history. Patience.
    Amen!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Sheesh! 2016 starts with where we left off...the youth excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Sheesh! 2016 starts with where we left off...the youth excuses.
    I wonder what your negativity accomplishes? Change our optimism for our new coach? Change the outcome? Just trying to take a hit on what we, as fans, want from our program? Just venting your frustration?

Anyway, some of us like our new coach and want to be optimistic. It may not happen, but we want to believe. I am not sure of your purpose in complaining. It isn't going to change the administration's mind at this point. It certainly is not having a dent on our attitude of wanting to believe. Just my 2 cents..... I know you love our Lady Techsters and I certainly am not the pessimism police, so this is not a statement about that. It just seems that you must be miserable, even when your predictions come true.......

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The TRUTH shall set you free!

I am as far from miserable as a person can get. Actually, an objective observer would say you delusional ones must be miserable. You are living a lie. You keep hooking your cart to the wrong horse, then after you get the same MISERABLE results, y'all scratch your heads, make excuses, and the process starts all over.

I want to see the Techsters be successful. They are a Louisiana Tech program. The program is bigger than any individual(s). If the current stewarts, i.e. Summit & staff, can't produce, get rid of them and find someone who can.

Venting frustration? Yeah, maybe that's it.

Negativity? Not in the least. REALITY is more like it.

Go Techsters!

+ Reply to Thread