+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: And your 2016 Bulldog QB is?

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

And your 2016 Bulldog QB is?

We have:

Ryan Higgins, RS senior.
    Price Wilson, RS sophomore
    J Mar Smith, RS Freshamn

Who wins the job and why?

Or

Does Holtz bring in another 5th year senior?

Here is my analysis of the 2 Qbs I have seen.

Ryan Higgins has all of the tools to be a good college Qb. He hasn't shown the football sense to not throw the int or learn the correct way to slide. He does have game experience, although he probably would want to forget it, and we know Holtz likes older QBs. He will be the back up next year for whoever wins the job.

Wilson and Smith will battle for the 1st and 3 rd string. I haven't seen much of smith and look forward to seeing him in the spring. I have seen Wilson and he will be the best passer of the three by a good margin. He has a very quick release and strong arm. If he has football sense to read coverages, I believe he will get the starting job. He looks like he has improved his conditioning and ability to run alittle. Wilson is a confident kid that could lead the team.

Right now my guess without seeing Smith running the O:

1. Price Wilson
    2. By default Ryan Higgins
    3. JMar Smith

We will see how it works out but I don't want another 5th year Qb no matter what. We will not be able to recruit young Qbs if tech goes that route again.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: And your 2016 Bulldog QB is?

J'Mar Smith, because Mickey Slaughter says so!
    Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    We already have a QB as good or better than Wudtee and maybe two. J'Mar Smith has the potential to be a great QB and Price Wilson is not far behind. I am really looking forward to the spring training battle for the no. 1 QB!

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Whoever it is, they have 2 years of film to see how it's done. Sokol and Driskel both made this offense look easy to learn and easy to run with efficiency. Both were very poised though, and that's what the next QB will need to have and he'll be fine. But that's the hard part of playing QB, imo.

I think it's Higgins' to lose. One of the others will have to take it from him, and I hope one of them will (for the future's sake).

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I have not seen either Wilson or Smith and Higgins in person only at the Kansas game. I thought he did well except for the fumble when trying to score the TD which could be forgiven because he was a RS freshman. Higgins really hasn't played enough the last two years to get into any kind of rhythm in a game. All three should know the system well by now, so that should not be a factor. Like cscollis I don't want another 5th yr senior for the same reason. Higgins was a three star out of HS and should get his chance for the same reason. Remember back when Sokol came the job was Higgins' to lose. Has Wilson improved that much? Your recruits (or their mentors) are going to look at the chances you've given earlier recruits (that may have had something to do with Isham). I can still remember TB not looking good his sophomore year when he got his first chances.

It will be interesting this spring and may not be decided until summer camp.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I have not seen either Wilson or Smith and Higgins in person only at the Kansas game. I thought he did well except for the fumble when trying to score the TD which could be forgiven because he was a RS freshman. Higgins really hasn't played enough the last two years to get into any kind of rhythm in a game. All three should know the system well by now, so that should not be a factor. Like cscollis I don't want another 5th yr senior for the same reason. Higgins was a three star out of HS and should get his chance for the same reason. Remember back when Sokol came the job was Higgins' to lose. Has Wilson improved that much? Your recruits (or their mentors) are going to look at the chances you've given earlier recruits (that may have had something to do with Isham). I can still remember TB not looking good his sophomore year when he got his first chances.

Before the 2014 season the team had a practice at Independence Stadium. Price Wilson was a true freshman at that time and Higgins was a RS Sophomore. Sokol was the best QB on the field and Wilson was the 2nd best.

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Call me crazy but I want a confident or even at times cocky Qb. I really liked Wilson when he came in over confident. If Wilson is near as tough a Sokal, I like Sokal more than Driskel for that reason, he will be hell on wheels for Tech. He has a very quick release, like Dan Marino quick, which should help in not taking sacks and a cannon to get the ball deep. JMar may be just as good but I haven't seen him play. Going to be a fun spring.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post

I disagree. He played plenty enough to find a rhythm, and never did. Unless he has improved tremendously, I don't think he is our next QB.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

If Smith plays baseball, he won't start.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Holtz has stated publicly that it is Higgins position to lose.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

How many ways can Sokol and Driskel be misspelled?

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    excluding any posts from me-- number would be way too high ....

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Socol, Socool, Sokal, Sokul, Psokol..

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    excluding any posts from me-- number would be way too high ....
    Cell phone posts or computer posts? I got your back.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

If Higgins starts more than 2 games I won't be able to attend Bulldog football in 2016 and I'll be sad about that.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Maybe the two years of watching from the bench as Tech QBs made mostly-wise decisions with the football will have had a great effect on Ryan.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread