+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: And your 2016 Bulldog QB is?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: And your 2016 Bulldog QB is?

It'd be nice to have a guy start consecutive years at the QB position.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by OakTechDawg View Post
    I want Wilson. Then Smith....if higgins starts then he better turn in to Colby Cameron fast. I almost asked Colby one night if he was going to go as a QB for Halloween. He was in my Acct 201 class and studying in my apartment. I will admit i had no clue he would turn in to a NCAA record holder after that class.
    To me, Higgins looked nearly as good as Driskel in the spring game. When he played the clean up roll during the year I don't recall any floating passes like he'd tended to throw in the past so maybe he has learned a bit watching Sokol & Driskel. Yes, he needs to learn to protect the ball better, but maybe we didn't see enough of him during the year to know whether he's cured that problem or not. So maybe he can be a 'Colby Cameron' next year.

Wilson and Smith both looked good in the spring game too. I don't recall either of them getting as much playing time as Higgins so apparently Higgins looked enough better during practices to earn the backup spot.

The good news is we have a stable of QBs that at least seem to have the ability to lead the team. It's been a while since we had this much depth at the QB position. So I doubt we'll be bringing in a transfer this year. I just want one of the three to step up, take the job and be the kind of QB we need.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Was Smith here for the Spring game? I thought he was a true FR this year.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Spring Game Stats

DRISKEL,Jeff 22-40-3 269 4 40 1
    WILSON,Price 2-3-0 75 1 75 0

HIGGINS,Ryan 18-26-0 214 1 30 1
    WILSON,Price 8-11-0 106 0 23 0
    BROWN,Kamal 4-4-0 53 0 17 0

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

April 18, 2015 Final Stats | Quotes
    RUSTON, La. - Jeff Driskel guided Team Bulldogs 59 yards in 1:15, connecting with Marcus Gaines on a three-yard touchdown pass then finding Sanford Seay for a two-point conversion, to lead his team to a come-from-behind victory, 35-34, in a thrilling Spring Game at Joe Aillet Stadium Saturday afternoon.

Saturday's Spring Game, which concluded Louisiana Tech's 15 spring sessions, was an action-packed scrimmage in front of approximately 4,300 fans.
    Driskel was 22-for-40 for 269 yards and four touchdowns overall and had three interceptions with one coming on a hail mary at the end of the first half. The Bulldogs squad led 20-17 at half but fell behind in the fourth quarter as Team LA Tech scored 17 consecutive points in the second half to take a 34-27 lead, capped by Jonathan Barnes' 29-yard field goal.
    Ryan Higgins - who was 18-for-26 for 214 yards and a touchdown but no interceptions - paced Team LA Tech to most of the 17 unanswered points as he guided his squad in two of the three scoring drives with walk-on Kamal Brown setting up the first score in that series, a three-yard run by Jarred Craft.

Then Higgins came in to connect with Andy McAlindon on an eight-yard touchdown pass followed by driving down to set up Barnes' field goal. In between, Driskel was intercepted by Secdrick Cooper on the first play after McAlindon's touchdown, giving the LA Tech side a chance to score quickly.

Trent Taylor
    led all players with 11 catches for 161 yards for LA Tech while Carlos Henderson added 98 yards receiving on seven catches, but neither player found the end zone.

Sanford Seay led the winning squad with 84 yards receiving and two touchdowns on three catches not including the two-point conversion. Grant Childress had seven catches for 76 yards and a touchdown while Marlon Watts had a score on 55 yards receiving with three catches.

The Bulldogs were led by Michael Mims' nine total tackles defensively as they tallied 64 total tackles while LA Tech only totaled 31 tackles but had 3 interceptions overall.

The two teams traded scores throughout the first half with Boston Scott scoring for LA Tech on the first drive of the game, a one-yard run.

Driskel found Watts on a 12-yard pass to even the score at 7-7 before Craft (rushing) and Seay (receiving) each scored on consecutive drives.
    The difference in scoring came midway through the second quarter when LA Tech was forced to kick a 33-yard field goal, failing to reach the end zone, while the Bulldogs followed with a Childress touchdown catch but had a failed point after touchdown by Kyle Fischer.

Louisiana Tech's Football program will now hold a car wash (with a date to be announced) where members of Team LA Tech will wash the cars of members of Team Bulldogs. The car wash will also be open to the public free of charge with all donations going to the Boys' & Girls' Club of North Central Louisiana.
    For complete coverage of Bulldog Football, please follow @LATechFB on Twitter or visit the official home of Louisiana Tech Athletics at LATechSports.com.
    Whatever happened to Sanford Seay? I don't recall seeing much of him during the 2015 season. According to the stat chart, he only had 4 catches all season, with 3 of those catches coming against UTSA. Yet, according to this Spring Game story, he had a big spring game.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...5/sanford-seay

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Higgins makes everything look hard (even routine plays seem forced more than fluid).
    Wilson seemed like he is a step slow to me (both mentally and physically) at this point. Could be improved I suppose.
    Smith seemed like the most physically gifted player but faces the largest learning curve.

I think we've seen what Higgins is instinctively as a qb. (he tends to panic and press)
    I can't say who is the better instinctive qb out of Wilson and Smith. I would contend with anybody that says Wilson has a better arm than Smith. Both guys can sling it. But Smith has a lightening quick release (catcher's release?) and whips the ball out there. Wilson has a nice smooth overhand throw that is more deliberate. I like the mechanics of both guys. From what I saw, Smith's athleticism is his biggest asset over Wilson while Wilson's familiarity with the offense gives him an edge.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    Ross Jenkins was not pretty good.
    2100 yards, 17 touchdowns to 5 interceptions, all in a dooley/scelfo offense. i call that pretty good.
    http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m.../teamcume.html

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    2100 yards, 17 touchdowns to 5 interceptions, all in a dooley/scelfo offense. i call that pretty good.
    http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m.../teamcume.html
    Wow Bob, I don't. He was scared to throw it downfield. I don't think he was good at all.

Now don't get me wrong, I place the blame at the feet of Dooley not Jenkins. I think he could have been much better had he gotten better coaching. Dooley left much to be desired in the area of QB recruiting and development. Jenkins was thrown to the wolves. Poor guy.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

I would love to see someone already on the roster be our qb next year, but if we did take another graduate transfer the Webb kid at tx tech would be a good addition.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Wow Bob, I don't. He was scared to throw it downfield. I don't think he was good at all.

Now don't get me wrong, I place the blame at the feet of Dooley not Jenkins. I think he could have been much better had he gotten better coaching. Dooley left much to be desired in the area of QB recruiting and development. Jenkins was thrown to the wolves. Poor guy.
    in dooley's system, he was darn near excellent, and i don't think i was the only one who was pleasantly surprised with his performance that year. and i know we were all very surprised by what cameron was able to do. that's all i'm saying -- don't sell higgins short based on what he did two years ago.

of course i'd still be thrilled to death if we have a 3- or 4-year starter on our roster already.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Speaking of QB's from the Dooley era, remember Taylor Bennett? He was recently elected to the Georgia House of Representatives

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2...ouse_seat.html

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Speaking of QB's from the Dooley era, remember Taylor Bennett? He was recently elected to the Georgia House of Representatives

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2...ouse_seat.html
    He played like a gay-wad....this explains it.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    He played like a gay-wad....this explains it.
    He was QB when we beat Miss. State at the Joe.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    He was QB when we beat Miss. State at the Joe.
    Miss State turned it over 5 times! That win had nothing to do with Taylor Bennett.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Miss State turned it over 5 times! That win had nothing to do with Taylor Bennett.
    Just stating a fact. Ross Jenkings later beat out Taylor for the starting job.

+ Reply to Thread