Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
Getting into a bowl should be goal #1. Getting into the BEST possible bowl should be goal #2, that measured by location and opponent.

After last year's screw up when two MWC teams had to play each other in a bowl, I would HOPE other conferences will be more willing to make deals, for the benefit of all. So, maybe, some years, CUSA could swap around whereby we ended up in the Indy Bowl, rather than New Mexico.
Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
As many times as we've been left in the cold, I say the more bowl ties, the better.
Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
I agree. I'll never be comfortable with 6 wins.
Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
Six wins in a watered down CUSA should never be acceptable. Any season with less than 8 wins is coaching failure.
Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
Higgins will be a good game manager if he doesn't make the stupid throws that turn into interceptions. I am more excited about smith and Wilson. I can't wait until the spring game to see which has progressed the most. I have no expectations for this season. We blew our chance at access bowl last year with the most talent we have had in a long time. I expect the OL will be better this year than last. We get Kirby back at center which will help with the run game. I also am excited to see Ferguson at DE. He is going to be great for the next 3 years.

I will be happy if the last game of the season matters. Otherwise it could be a long year. This is the year that Holtz needs to be great or not get an extension. I think he will squeeze some wins to get us to 8.
FWIW, I agree 100% with the above post.