+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016-19 Bowl Games

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 6 C-USA bowls next year

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Getting into a bowl should be goal #1. Getting into the BEST possible bowl should be goal #2, that measured by location and opponent.

After last year's screw up when two MWC teams had to play each other in a bowl, I would HOPE other conferences will be more willing to make deals, for the benefit of all. So, maybe, some years, CUSA could swap around whereby we ended up in the Indy Bowl, rather than New Mexico.
    Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    As many times as we've been left in the cold, I say the more bowl ties, the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I agree. I'll never be comfortable with 6 wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Six wins in a watered down CUSA should never be acceptable. Any season with less than 8 wins is coaching failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    Higgins will be a good game manager if he doesn't make the stupid throws that turn into interceptions. I am more excited about smith and Wilson. I can't wait until the spring game to see which has progressed the most. I have no expectations for this season. We blew our chance at access bowl last year with the most talent we have had in a long time. I expect the OL will be better this year than last. We get Kirby back at center which will help with the run game. I also am excited to see Ferguson at DE. He is going to be great for the next 3 years.

I will be happy if the last game of the season matters. Otherwise it could be a long year. This is the year that Holtz needs to be great or not get an extension. I think he will squeeze some wins to get us to 8.
    FWIW, I agree 100% with the above post.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

It seems that EVERY YEAR...we get to the last two or three games and choke! The Dawgs need the EYE OF THE TIGER!!!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    It seems that EVERY YEAR...we get to the last two or three games and choke! The Dawgs need the EYE OF THE TIGER!!!
    Or maybe the BITE OF THE BULLDOG.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: 2016-19 Bowl Games

bump

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post

not fussing --just see it different :

2014 -- last game--Dallas Bowl beat Illinois
    2015--- last game--New Orleans bowl destroyed Arkansas State

Perception is not always reality

2014 we were 7-2 in our last 9 games and beat Illinois 35-18 ( lost to Miss State and CUSA title game to Marshal )

2015 even better 6-1 our last 7 games including beat down of Arkansas State ( 47-28 ) --

bottom line-- last 2 years we were 13-3 last 16 games --- substitute word SEEMS for reality -- lost to Miss State with Cowboys qb --

I will take that every year--- so how is 2016? 7-1 last 8 games including 5 wins in October -2 November

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post

2014 we were 7-2 in our last 9 games and beat Illinois 35-18 ( lost to Miss State and CUSA title game to Marshal )

2015 even better 6-1 our last 7 games including beat down of Arkansas State ( 47-28 ) --

bottom line-- last 2 years we were 13-3 last 16 games --- substitute word SEEMS for reality -- lost to Miss State with Cowboys qb --

I will take that every year--- so how is 2016? 7-1 last 8 games including 5 wins in October -2 November
    Kind of arbitrary groupings of games you're looking at there, huh?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

The problem has not been that we've had unacceptable seasons. The problem has been that we've been on the EDGE OF GREATNESS and choked.

If you're content to settle for the bowls that are contractually obligated to take us, there's nothing wrong with them. But we can have so much more with just a bit more effort. I wanna be INVITED to a bowl for once.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    The problem has not been that we've had unacceptable seasons. The problem has been that we've been on the EDGE OF GREATNESS and choked.

If you're content to settle for the bowls that are contractually obligated to take us, there's nothing wrong with them. But we can have so much more with just a bit more effort. I wanna be INVITED to a bowl for once.
    Your expectations are too high. You aren't a true fan unless you have embraced the suck like '65 for 50 years.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I find myself in an unusual position on this board, in the middle.

While I understand '65's point, and agree with it to a large extent, I am also on record of wanting "something more." The question is: Is Holtz the coach who can (will) get us to that "something more"? If he is....GREAT! I like Skip Holtz and wish him nothing but the best, especially while he's our coach. BUT! this is three straight years of 8-4 and missed opportunities.

Like '65 I remember the days of sitting in Aillet with less than 5K others watching us lose 13-10 to Southwest Missouri State! Or, 60-0 to Hypesman Trophy winner Andre Ware and Houston, in Shreveport. Again, a sparse crowd. Lots of 3-win type seasons with nothing, not a damn thing, positive one could say about it. Certainly, three straight 8-win seasons, with bowls, trumps those lean years. So, I am enjoying and appreciating this successful run. I don't take it for granted.

But...I can enjoy 10-2, 11-1 and a Top 25 ranking even more!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

It's what we all should want. The access bowl has been very doable since the 2012 BCS bowl was given away by our stepping stone coach and his sockless sidekick. Those are the things we should all want now. I don't think any of us are confident that HCSH can get us there. He wants one money game and to sell out The Joe. I'd like to see that one day, but our AD does not want those things, so we will never see either one on his watch.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Oh my! Navy keeps the whole bowl world waiting!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/navys-f...172900472.html

But, why is the Army-Navy game after a conference title game? Surely that is just a scheduling snafu that has been rectified already, beginning next year. No regular season games should be scheduled after post-season games, which conf championships are.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post

I should have said last 2 or 3 conference games.

I find myself in an unusual position on this board, in the middle.

While I understand '65's point, and agree with it to a large extent, I am also on record of wanting "something more." The question is: Is Holtz the coach who can (will) get us to that "something more"? If he is....GREAT! I like Skip Holtz and wish him nothing but the best, especially while he's our coach. BUT! this is three straight years of 8-4 and missed opportunities.

Like '65 I remember the days of sitting in Aillet with less than 5K others watching us lose 13-10 to Southwest Missouri State! Or, 60-0 to Hypesman Trophy winner Andre Ware and Houston, in Shreveport. Again, a sparse crowd. Lots of 3-win type seasons with nothing, not a damn thing, positive one could say about it. Certainly, three straight 8-win seasons, with bowls, trumps those lean years. So, I am enjoying and appreciating this successful run. I don't take it for granted.

Look at Northwestern State. They were winning 7 or 8 games a year and fired their coach in hopes of doing better. They haven't done crap since then. Once a team starts losing games...no recruits want to go there....which causes more losses!!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Oh my! Navy keeps the whole bowl world waiting!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/navys-f...172900472.html

But, why is the Army-Navy game after a conference title game? Surely that is just a scheduling snafu that has been rectified already, beginning next year. No regular season games should be scheduled after post-season games, which conf championships are.
    Army/Navy has always been the week after regular season ends. I doubt it will ever change.

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Army/Navy has always been the week after regular season ends. I doubt it will ever change.
    That was fine when both were independents. But, when you're in a conference you have to cooperate a little. But, as I recall, Navy made a quick decision to join the AAC, so probably the dates with Army could not be changed on such short notice. But they can schedule the Army-Navy game in the future to rectify this.

+ Reply to Thread