+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 1/2: Southern Miss Game

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 1/2: Southern Miss Game

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I was there. Good road win. This game was, as I recall, a few days after we took #1 ranked Syracuse into OT up there. So, I thought if the Dawgs were not tired from the travel and already playing extra minutes that we would beat LSU. I was VERY confident that night, and was a little disappointed we didn't play better and win by double digits in regulation. The refs...ahem.....the SEC refs....helped the tiggers all they could w/o making it TOO obvious. And Jackson's 48 pts, some of his shots were unreal, kept them in it.

In that Syracuse game, they jumped out to a 24-4 lead in the first (about) 8 mins, but we rallied and it was a 3 by Byron Newton at the buzzer that sent it into OT. By then most of our starters had fouled out (Big East refs) and we lost by 6 or 7 pts in OT.
    I was at that game, as well. One of my best memories in basketball! Some of those calls were pretty obvious, though. We still came out with the win and it was fun time!

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

I was at that one as well. Great win.

One of my favorite memories was the night Willie "Two Shoes" Odom got his nickname. Most of you aren't old enough to have been at that one.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Several all-time highlights have been referenced in this thread that I agree with.

One of my personal favorites that hasn't been mentioned is Robert Godbolt against No.1 UNLV on their home court. 27 points and several rebounds and assists in a 2 point loss.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I remember Craig Jackson going kookoo many moons ago. Johnny Miller got hot against NSU one night too. Cree was smoking hot, I thought he was going to drain that 30 footer!
    Craig had several good games against UALR. I guess he liked adding insult to injury over his recruiting and their violation.

And I know he had a big game on the road against ASU (maybe to win the regular season).

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Craig had several good games against UALR. I guess he liked adding insult to injury over his recruiting and their violation.

And I know he had a big game on the road against ASU (maybe to win the regular season).
    On a Kendrick Spruel put back to win the 1999 SBC Regular Season Title...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I was there. Good road win. This game was, as I recall, a few days after we took #1 ranked Syracuse into OT up there. So, I thought if the Dawgs were not tired from the travel and already playing extra minutes that we would beat LSU. I was VERY confident that night, and was a little disappointed we didn't play better and win by double digits in regulation. The refs...ahem.....the SEC refs....helped the tiggers all they could w/o making it TOO obvious. And Jackson's 48 pts, some of his shots were unreal, kept them in it.

In that Syracuse game, they jumped out to a 24-4 lead in the first (about) 8 mins, but we rallied and it was a 3 by Byron Newton at the buzzer that sent it into OT. By then most of our starters had fouled out (Big East refs) and we lost by 6 or 7 pts in OT.
    Yep. I seem to recall that this was Chris Jackson's "breakout" game. He was still a freshman, and up until this time he had never scored liked this in college. And then he goes off for 48 points against LA Tech. Chris Jackson's performance literally kept LSU in the game. If he has a normal night (20 points), the Dawgs would have won by 25 to 30 points.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Yep. I seem to recall that this was Chris Jackson's "breakout" game. He was still a freshman, and up until this time he had never scored liked this in college. And then he goes off for 48 points against LA Tech. Chris Jackson's performance literally kept LSU in the game. If he has a normal night (20 points), the Dawgs would have won by 25 to 30 points.
    I was only 7 and didn't get to attend. My dad said the same thing. Basically that lsu as a team didn't belong on the floor with us, at least that night. Very lucky he had the night of his life.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

The old ref from Sat night looks like the ref at the OU KU game -

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    The old ref from Sat night looks like the ref at the OU KU game -
    Not Kelly Self, but he has been around a long time. Pretty sure he has called games in the TAC.

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/referee...031101581.html

These guys called the USM game:

Brooks Wells, Clyde Owens, Terry Davis

+ Reply to Thread