+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Doug Atkins passes away, at age 85

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Doug Atkins passes away, at age 85

One of my favorite Saints. Came to us when the Chicago Bears released him as a free agent, saying he had gotten to old to be effective. hah! was one of the best defenders in the history of the Saints, at DE. Played 3 seasons for us.

http://nor.247sports.com/Article/Ten...-away-42371927

Got his autograph as a kid. Remember that most of the fans were seeking out the offensive players, and Atkins was sitting by himself on the edge of the bleachers, kind of watching. On occasion someone would approach him for an autograph. I finally got up the courage to approach him and by the time I did, he was alone again. So, for a few minutes we talked. We talked about my playing Pop Warner football and he encouraged me to continue working hard.

I have his bubble gum card, well two of the them, one as a Bear and one as a Saint.

He was a GREAT player! He stood out on an otherwise lousy Saints' defense (and team!).

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Doug Atkins passes away, at age 85

He was a great player for us.

+ Reply to Thread