+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guice's Blog: Happy New Year! Building for a brighter future

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Guice's Blog: Happy New Year! Building for a brighter future

Let someone put a Starbucks in it. Students will flock to it.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You're not wrong.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Shame too. Starbucks is not good coffee and they have no idea. It's just convenient...like the electric razor and disposable pen. But hey...if everyone else is doing it...let's all be sheep.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Italian View Post
    When Les uses: new library he is not envisioning just an update to Prescott. What is being considered would be a new facility and organization that will bring together many varied services to support the student, faculty, and research communities of the University. This new facility will have a library as one of many tenants. I believe everyone will be pleased with what will be done.

Though I am now retired I did a great deal of work on a replacement for our present service model and know that Les has a great program in mind for this facility.
    This is what I've heard as well. Also, that he hopes to have plans completed some time near the beginning of the 2016-17 academic year.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

This is Louisiana - put a PJ's Coffee in it and they will soon learn the best (of the chains, anyway)...... ;-)

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

I have never set foot in a Starbuck's and I intend to never go in one. I'll take my Community Coffee with a little sweetener, thank you.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    This is Louisiana - put a PJ's Coffee in it and they will soon learn the best (of the chains, anyway)...... ;-)
    Or a CCs. Forget $tarbuck$ though, it's crap coffee.

Varsity Bulldog LThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

As a former Tech student turned UL Lafayette transfer, I'm glad to see this update from Tech. I always thought Wyly was such an eyesore hovering over what should be the most historic and best looking part of campus. Good riddance when the time comes. As for the library, personally I was impressed with the library when I got to Lafayette, seeing as Prescott was the only college library I had known.

As many in this thread have mentioned, libraries in the old sense are no longer a vital necessity but do still serve a purpose. There are ways for Tech to breathe new life into such a facility and get more student use out of it than they currently do (or did a couple years back when I was there). The Dupre Library in Lafayette was most recently renovated in 2000. The first floor of course has the help desk, printers/scanners, an easily accessible computer lab, laptop or cellphone charging lockers for rent and a coffee shop/cafe at the back of the first floor (just a food services run/branded place). The second floor has large tables placed in the corridors for group study, 3rd floor is for quiet individual study.

I would anticipate Tech implementing similar amenities to create a library/facility that more appropriately serves the needs of current college students. Plus it'll look sooo much better if they design it to match the older buildings surrounding the quad. Congratulations on the progress. I spent a couple of years at Tech so I like to keep up with whats going on around campus. A lot of the growth was really just getting started (i.e. Tech Pointe & new business building) when I left.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Coffee shop and phone charging locker (stupid idea, but I guess if they're dumb enough to pay, whatever) are the only things we lack from that list.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

I wonder if they could incorporate Old Main characteristics into the new library. Maybe the original columns in the front for example.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

[QUOTE=dawg80;1568983]Let someone put a Starbucks in it. Students will flock to it.[/QUOTE

OMG! I swear I did not know this before. Today NSU prez, Dr. Jim Henderson, announced NSU's Watson Library is getting a Starbucks.

Okay. That's fine. I don't have a problem with that. I am not a fan of Starbucks' over-priced, burnt coffees, but, hey, I can see it. At least they are trying something!

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

[QUOTE=dawg80;1569394]
    Let someone put a Starbucks in it. Students will flock to it.[/QUOTE

OMG! I swear I did not know this before. Today NSU prez, Dr. Jim Henderson, announced NSU's Watson Library is getting a Starbucks.

Okay. That's fine. I don't have a problem with that. I am not a fan of Starbucks' over-priced, burnt coffees, but, hey, I can see it. At least they are trying something!
    Whatever pays the highest rent.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=dawg80;1569394]
    Let someone put a Starbucks in it. Students will flock to it.[/QUOTE

It appears our plan is much larger.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LThoo View Post
    I would anticipate Tech implementing similar amenities to create a library/facility that more appropriately serves the needs of current college students. Plus it'll look sooo much better if they design it to match the older buildings surrounding the quad. Congratulations on the progress. I spent a couple of years at Tech so I like to keep up with whats going on around campus. A lot of the growth was really just getting started (i.e. Tech Pointe & new business building) when I left.
    Agreed.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    I wonder if they could incorporate Old Main characteristics into the new library. Maybe the original columns in the front for example.
    I was thinking the same thing.

+ Reply to Thread