+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Travels to USM For Saturday Showdown

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Travels to USM For Saturday Showdown

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    No moral victories.......

The one thing I can say is that we play too tight. This team needs to loosen up some and just play. I think (just my opinion) that they are too nervous to make a mistake. The fundamentals are there, but the confidence aand fun is not. Just the beginning of conference, so not a huge deal, but they are going to have to do something different.
    I imagine they're nervous to make a mistake because they're #310 in the nation in turnovers per game: 19.7.

On the bright side, Wingate is the 34th best shooter in the nation by percentage.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Sorry I just checked this and saw where some asked for analysis during the game. Jenkins is a beast and she is absolutely just a Bull in a china shop, I am interested in how she is handled on the road and if she will be protected there as she was in the game yesterday. I am all about aggressive post play but when you lock the defenders arm and pull her behind you to get offensive advantage that is BS and she was allowed to do it all night.
    I am not faulting her there were three adults on the floor that saw it each and every time but just swallowed the whistle until we would have any kind of contact once she got the ball then it was a foul.

RB Summitt and I should never be allowed to sit on the same side of the gym with each other or we will wind up getting everyone tossed out of the game.

If Jenkins is allowed to play with that aggressive nature on the road she could very well be post player of the year in not only CUSA but in many other conferences.

Someone asked about Kierra Anthony, she was out due to a possible concussion sustained in practice, this was just a preventative measure but she showed some of the signs and was held out just as a precaution.

The girls played hard but I said told a buddy of mine yesterday that they needed to plant Jenkins on her butt just once to get her attention and let the referees know that there would be a price to pay if they didn't get her under control with the rough play. We need a wide body inside like a Venus just so when she came down like a bull in a china shop we could have put her out to pasture.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

So the coaches give the girls the game plan: shut down Dinkins and Clemmons, and take care of the ball. Given our and their past performances, it sounds like a no-brainer to secure a win if we can do those three things.

The girls go out and limit Dinkins and Clemmons to 7 total points--shut down their leading scorer to 0 points! They also outscore SoMiss' bench, and take care of the ball for a season low of 12 turnovers!

How do you rationally explain that our girls forgot how to rebound, forgot how to block out? Some described the girls as looking "tight." Could they have just been focused? So focused on their game plan that they totally blew off the boards work?

From a spectator's vantage, this is quite odd. Maybe coaches see this more frequently in a team's development. But I'm left with the questionable observation that... the more this team improves, the worse they look?

Jenkins got 10 defensive boards. After what philgarris described, that doesn't surprise me. But how did King get 8 offensive rebounds (and only 2 defensive)? Who (and there would be an answer to that question) was not putting a butt in front of King at our end?
    (and yes, that is an awkwardly punny sentence)

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Just seems like a lost team....i have heard from a few folks that tyler is very demanding and very rigid with the kids...i believe in discipline but with kids today they have to have freedom ro express themselves..show me a team of angels and more often than not they getting beat...plus i said from beginning he is too young for this role...he may be a star one day but now is asking alot

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    Just seems like a lost team....i have heard from a few folks that tyler is very demanding and very rigid with the kids...i believe in discipline but with kids today they have to have freedom ro express themselves..show me a team of angels and more often than not they getting beat...plus i said from beginning he is too young for this role...he may be a star one day but now is asking alot
    I will have to agree to disagree, having coached for 22 yrs there is absolutely zero difference in my expectations today as it was from day one. This whole express yourself crap is just that crap. I am paying for your schooling and you have a job to do, either you do it or you leave. They know what they are getting into before they get to that school, trust me if your good enough to play at Louisiana Tech your good enough to play at several other schools and these athletes made the decision to come to this program.

I am glad he runs a rigid program, those athletes are our symbol of excellence and they should uphold it in the highest regard and esteem if they can't do that they need to find another university where they can express themselves.

They can have that so called freedom in four years when they are using the lessons that are being taught today so they are prepared for what is in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    So the coaches give the girls the game plan: shut down Dinkins and Clemmons, and take care of the ball. Given our and their past performances, it sounds like a no-brainer to secure a win if we can do those three things.

The girls go out and limit Dinkins and Clemmons to 7 total points--shut down their leading scorer to 0 points! They also outscore SoMiss' bench, and take care of the ball for a season low of 12 turnovers!

How do you rationally explain that our girls forgot how to rebound, forgot how to block out? Some described the girls as looking "tight." Could they have just been focused? So focused on their game plan that they totally blew off the boards work?

From a spectator's vantage, this is quite odd. Maybe coaches see this more frequently in a team's development. But I'm left with the questionable observation that... the more this team improves, the worse they look?

Jenkins got 10 defensive boards. After what philgarris described, that doesn't surprise me. But how did King get 8 offensive rebounds (and only 2 defensive)? Who (and there would be an answer to that question) was not putting a butt in front of King at our end?
    (and yes, that is an awkwardly punny sentence)
    Not gonna say it was every time but at least four of her her rebounds were from where the forearm went into the small of our players back as they were shoved out of bound from behind but as one might guess it wasn't called "shocking I know"

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Just seems like a lost team....i have heard from a few folks that tyler is very demanding and very rigid with the kids...i believe in discipline but with kids today they have to have freedom to express themselves..show me a team of angels and more often than not they getting beat...plus i said from beginning he is too young for this role...he may be a star one day but now is asking alot
    Dear Lord...

I thought maddawg was a little too tough on you previously. Turns out, maddawg's a great judge...

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    I will have to agree to disagree, having coached for 22 yrs there is absolutely zero difference in my expectations today as it was from day one. This whole express yourself crap is just that crap. I am paying for your schooling and you have a job to do, either you do it or you leave. They know what they are getting into before they get to that school, trust me if your good enough to play at Louisiana Tech your good enough to play at several other schools and these athletes made the decision to come to this program.

I am glad he runs a rigid program, those athletes are our symbol of excellence and they should uphold it in the highest regard and esteem if they can't do that they need to find another university where they can express themselves.

They can have that so called freedom in four years when they are using the lessons that are being taught today so they are prepared for what is in front of them.
    preach!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It is tough opening up 3 games on the road in conference. ODU and Charlotte are definitely winnable games, though. Hoping we can get off to a 2-1 start in conference now.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post

Thank you.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

no one is against discipline...I think I may worded it the wrong way..However I feel confident our men's team nor football is full of angels....Just saying...check any winning program outside of maybe UCONN and Stanford and you will find free spirits...That is all I am saying. If they are playing tight; just maybe the staff is tight and too rigid. that is all I am trying to say. Time will tell and I hope you guys are correct and I am wrong, but they do look to be missing something.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

no one is against discipline...I think I may worded it the wrong way..However I feel confident our men's team nor football is full of angels....Just saying...check any winning program outside of maybe UCONN and Stanford and you will find free spirits...That is all I am saying. If they are playing tight; just maybe the staff is tight and too rigid. that is all I am trying to say. Time will tell and I hope you guys are correct and I am wrong, but they do look to be missing something.
    Testicles?

JK

+ Reply to Thread