+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our student section is lacking

Puppy Ihateusernames is just really niceIhateusernames is just really niceIhateusernames is just really niceIhateusernames is just really niceIhateusernames is just really niceIhateusernames is just really niceIhateusernames is just really niceIhateusernames is just really niceIhateusernames is just really niceIhateusernames is just really niceIhateusernames is just really nice

Our student section is lacking

Absolutely pitiful. Huge game. Winning streak. Close throughout. And 90% of the student section was too lazy to stand up. My friends and I stood the entire game and had people behind us telling us to "sit the **** down." I don't even know what to do when a group of college kids can't be troubled to stand and cheer for two hours in air conditioning. We'd get pumped up, people would start standing, and then a simple time out would make the place completely silent for 20 minutes. Horrible. I'm so mad about it that I don't even know what to post to properly express my anger.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Our student section is an embarrassment

I thought the whole crowd wasn't into it like we have been in times past. We'd catch up, get ahead, make a three, crowd get loud. Then back to total silence for the next 5 minutes. They should have been screaming the whole time. Do we not care since there's no speedy and crew? Is that it? I understand your frustration.

Also, another frustration at every game. Could someone tell the camera people to move a footone way or the other and quit standard ng right in front of the scores on the scoreboard?! Do it every game.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ihateusernames View Post
    Absolutely pitiful. Huge game. Winning streak. Close throughout. And 90% of the student section was too lazy to stand up. My friends and I stood the entire game and had people behind us telling us to "sit the **** down." I don't even know what to do when a group of college kids can't be troubled to stand and cheer for two hours in air conditioning. We'd get pumped up, people would start standing, and then a simple time out would make the place completely silent for 20 minutes. Horrible. I'm so mad about it that I don't even know what to post to properly express my anger.
    Where were you? I was in the middle tonight, as I usually am. Our section stood the whole time. I've had to argue with people before who told me to sit down. If they're telling you to sit down, tell them maybe the student section isn't the place for them.

The way I see it is our students just don't know how to cheer. Simple as that. Hell, only about 30% of them were wearing blue.

I do share your frustrations. Look me up Saturday.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ihateusernames View Post
    I won't go as far as "pitiful" or "an embarrassment," but I was surprised there weren't more students and they weren't more vocal. Several times, the half-naked DAWGS ran from side to side trying to get the students pumped--it just did not happen.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

get used to it. When I was a young kid (5th 6th grade) I would paint up. Millsap got me hooked. I still remember Marco Cole, tiger meeking, gerrod.? We're doomed

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    get used to it. When I was a young kid (5th 6th grade) I would paint up. Millsap got me hooked. I still remember Marco Cole, tiger meeking, gerrod.? We're doomed
    Not sure about this group of students. I thought we were really building something from last year, but apparently we are starting over with the crowd.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

There was just something weird about last night......the players were not into that game at all. Really no excitement, came out flat and stayed flat.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    There was just something weird about last night......the players were not into that game at all. Really no excitement, came out flat and stayed flat.
    Looked like a team that thought they couldn't lose at home. Believed the hype and I think the crowd bought into that aura. Heck I did as well. No matter what I felt that this team would come back to win. In the long run this might be a shot in the arm for the team and fans that you cant just show up and expect to win.

As far as the students, Sad that only a FEW get it. I don't know what to think of the dudes in the short shorts but at least they are into from start to finish. We need more students like that......except maybe some more clothes on

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Our students lack pride in their university is my opinion. Good lord. 39 in a row at home, late thursday night tip, pre game at your apartment and head to the TAC and give ODU hell. Instead, our students go eat in the cafeteria, then come to the TAC and work on their crossword puzzles.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Keep in mind that there a lot of students in the blue sections last night. We have no student section for basketball. We have a very small area that is very hard to utilize. Even last year they added extra seating, but I haven't seen that so far. I have season tickets in the blues, and we are usually pretty open. Last night we had students all around us everywhere.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Disagree about the embarrassment comments. When the Dogs were making a run and making things happen everyone was up. When ODU had things rolling it sucked the enthusiasm out of the TAC everywhere.

I'll say I wish they'd gotten "into it" a little quicker sometimes, but the student section was not an embarrassment. Not from what I saw.

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Disagree about the embarrassment comments. When the Dogs were making a run and making things happen everyone was up. When ODU had things rolling it sucked the enthusiasm out of the TAC everywhere.

I'll say I wish they'd gotten "into it" a little quicker sometimes, but the student section was not an embarrassment. Not from what I saw.
    I agree. There wasn't a whole lot to get excited about minus the few runs we had. ODU did a great job of taking the crowd out of the game from the get go.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

First 8 minutes of the second half were somewhat exciting.

Boykin is such a fun player to watch. I love his personality.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I think we need to do training for our students on how to be a force for their team. Bring them in early in the season on a non-game day, give them incentives to attend. Show them videos on the big screen of how it's done in some of the best environments, including schools like Utah State and Wichita State. Teach them what to do. Lay out the expectations of what they should do, which would absolutely include STANDING.
    Good old Memorial Gym

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I think we need to do training for our students on how to be a force for their team. Bring them in early in the season on a non-game day, give them incentives to attend. Show them videos on the big screen of how it's done in some of the best environments, including schools like Utah State and Wichita State. Teach them what to do. Lay out the expectations of what they should do, which would absolutely include STANDING.
    Half-assed attempts by the game-day staff are not working.

+ Reply to Thread