+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Late penalty that doomed the Bengals

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Late penalty that doomed the Bengals

What the Bengals did at the end of the game was disgraceful and shows a total lack of discipline from top to bottom. It will go down in NFL history as the worst loss and worst lack of character and discipline ever exhibited.
    That said, this is also very, very interesting.

The late penalty that doomed the Bengals was provoked by a Steelers coach illegally on the field

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/1/10/10...ey-porter-foul

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Late penalty that doomed the Bengals

The thuggery is not why I stopped watching the NFL although it didn't help. I stopped watching because the game is corrupted by owners like Jerry Jones, commissioner Roger Goodell, and the NFL Refs who do what Goodell tells them to do.

The Refs are HORRIBLE at the top level of football.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    The thuggery is not why I stopped watching the NFL although it didn't help. I stopped watching because the game is corrupted by owners like Jerry Jones, commissioner Roger Goodell, and the NFL Refs who do what Goodell tells them to do.

True. It's becoming more like pro wrestling everyday.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

As a Steelers fan I will readily admit my bias, but the Bengals are the biggest bunch of thugs in the league. Burfict has a history of career threatening cheap shots, particularly against the Steelers.

With all of the off field crap they give suspensions for it is beyond me how that guy hasn't gotten a season long suspension, but as far as I know he hasn't ever even received even a single game suspension.

If the Bengals ownership gave a crap, Lewis should be canned. That team has been like that for years, all under his "leadership". I was pleased to hear their most famous former player, Boomer Esiason, say the same thing immediately after last nights cluster.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    their most famous former player, Boomer Esiason
    Ickey Woods says "you want some cold cuts?"

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/30/marshall-faulk-patriots-cheated-the-rams-out-of-a-super-bowl/

T
    his is probably what bothers me the most about the NFL. A team cheated another team out of a Superbowl and derailed what might have been a dynasty and then created one on their own by cheating. Then when the NFL learned what happened they covered it up and actually burned the tapes.

And it goes beyond that. Journalists who cover the league won't even talk about their own reporting about Spygate out of fear of how the league might react. The author of the best-selling book on the subject could no get any cooperation from reporters who wouldn't even comment on their own reporting.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/12/they-ar...tarted-it-all/

And I won't even go into Bountygate with the Saints and how Goodell handled it.
    Last edited by The Historian; 01-11-2016 at 11:47 PM.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    True. It's becoming more like pro wrestling everyday.
    Amazing but true.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

This thread made me stop and think and I realized I haven't watched an entire NFL game this entire season. And haven't tuned in to watch very many games at all. A big change from a few years ago.

But I watched a lot of college football on TV. Possibly the most I've ever watched in a season. The pros just doesn't do it for me anymore while college ball just seems to get better and better.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/30/marshall-faulk-patriots-cheated-the-rams-out-of-a-super-bowl/

T
    his is probably what bothers me the most about the NFL. A team cheated another team out of a Superbowl and derailed what might have been a dynasty and then created one on their own by cheating. Then when the NFL learned what happened they covered it up and actually burned the tapes.

And it goes beyond that. Journalists who cover the league won't even talk about their own reporting about Spygate out of fear of how the league might react. The author of the best-selling book on the subject could no get any cooperation from reporters who wouldn't even comment on their own reporting.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/12/they-ar...tarted-it-all/

And I won't even go into Bountygate with the Saints and how Gooell handled it.
    What I'm talking about. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    This thread made me stop and think and I realized I haven't watched an entire NFL game this entire season. And haven't tuned in to watch very many games at all. A big change from a few years ago.

But I watched a lot of college football on TV. Possibly the most I've ever watched in a season. The pros just doesn't do it for me anymore while college ball just seems to get better and better.
    Me either. Jerry Jones is the ultimate example of how screwed up this is. I know people still watch it, but I don't think I could ever lose sleep over an NFL team loss like I did back in the early 80's and before.

+ Reply to Thread