+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sources: Conference USA TV - ESPN, CBS SN, ASN, beIN Sports, 5th TBA

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Sources: Conference USA will see vastly reduced TV revenue next season

At some point our video board production (football and basketball) will have to become a broadcast quality production if streaming it is the way to go. More cameras for video board necessities (timeout marketing events) will be needed while a broadcast quality feed from game cameras will be fed to the streaming along with The Nitzer's (or Malcolm's) play-by-by voiceover. This is one way we can get ready for streaming NOW, regardless of who is transmitting it. One camera streaming (a la All-Access) is an embarrassing minimum.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    At some point our video board production (football and basketball) will have to become a broadcast quality production if streaming it is the way to go. More cameras for video board necessities (timeout marketing events) will be needed while a broadcast quality feed from game cameras will be fed to the streaming along with The Nitzer's (or Malcolm's) play-by-by voiceover. This is one way we can get ready for streaming NOW, regardless of who is transmitting it. One camera streaming (a la All-Access) is an embarrassing minimum.
    I was told a lot of the equipment was stolen back in November. I've watched several games online this year and not having audio synced and no graphics (time/score) is annoying.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Yes, Learfield sucks, and #2 (radio network) falls directly under Learfield. But stop putting everything on Learfield. It's our AD's job to get these things done, and he can do them if he makes it a priority.

#1 (commitment from all 7 Louisiana markets to show all our ASN gaemes) does NOT fall under Learfield. It has absolutely nothing to do with Learfield. C-USA owns those rights, and if our games aren't distributed to where our fans can watch them, it's our AD's job to fix it.

#3 (TV magazine show) could be easily done without Learfield. All you have to do is encourage and help out a private entity. You can't prevent a private business from doing a show about Tech. See Bleed Tech Blue Radio or ULL's TV show on KATV. I can watch a UTSA/North Texas/Rice marathon on Root Sports Southwest. There's no excuse for Tech.

And it's pretty obvious that we lack sponsors. Have you been to the TAC lately? How many open sponsorship opportunities are there? They're everywhere, from the walls above the blue level, scorer's table, video board panels, tunnel banners, etc. We are running out of places to plaster WE ARE LA TECH and a bunch of Tech logos where ads should be. We have a serious lack of sponsorships because somebody isn't doing their job.
    Not trying to argue, only seeking the truth of the matter and I certainaly can be wrong. The ASN games DO fall under Learfield or else the stations themselves. Cusa makes the games available to the ASN stations at NO cost. However, CUSA responsibility ends at that point. It is then up to the station or Learfield to sell the necessary ads to get the game shown on the air. The station has its sales staff, Learfield has a sales staff so WHO is going to carry the ball. Tech cannot force Learfield to do anything-sell or not sell- because they pay us a flat fee for the year. Maybe they dont feel it would be worthile to them and if thats the case then the station has got to carry the ball and if they wont do it then who will (can Tech afford to hire a staff to sell ads). Any media can present a show without TEch permission but we arent finding any that will do so unless someone will step up and sponsor (pay the bill). Our athletic dept sold the media rights to Learfield in hopes they would run with the ball leaving our athletic staff free to take care of other matters. What we see is what we get. In summary, we must have more sponsors but who will dig them up?

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    Not trying to argue, only seeking the truth of the matter and I certainaly can be wrong. The ASN games DO fall under Learfield or else the stations themselves. Cusa makes the games available to the ASN stations at NO cost. However, CUSA responsibility ends at that point. It is then up to the station or Learfield to sell the necessary ads to get the game shown on the air. The station has its sales staff, Learfield has a sales staff so WHO is going to carry the ball. Tech cannot force Learfield to do anything-sell or not sell- because they pay us a flat fee for the year. Maybe they dont feel it would be worthile to them and if thats the case then the station has got to carry the ball and if they wont do it then who will (can Tech afford to hire a staff to sell ads). Any media can present a show without TEch permission but we arent finding any that will do so unless someone will step up and sponsor (pay the bill). Our athletic dept sold the media rights to Learfield in hopes they would run with the ball leaving our athletic staff free to take care of other matters. What we see is what we get. In summary, we must have more sponsors but who will dig them up?
    Don't we currently pay people to do those things? I thought we had qualified people in media relations and marketing. Am I wrong?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Don't we currently pay people to do those things? I thought we had qualified people in media relations and marketing. Am I wrong?
    You are wrong.

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    That got me thinking (uh oh). ... streaming of the game to subscribers who pay about $20 a game or $100 a season? Is this a dumb idea?
    I'm not saying it's a dumb idea but I find $20 a little too high. $10 is the sweet spot.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Exactly what many of us suspected regarding Banowsky. As a final parting shot he allows UAB to run roughshod over the rest of the conference members.

He ended up being a worse person and commissioner than Karl Benson.
    I believe it was during the CUSA Bball tournament when he left me with a sour taste. During a interview not once did he mention us by name when speaking about the schools in the conference and their accomplishments.

I think this is a more serious blow to our progress than people think. Our budget/revenue should be going up by $500,00 every year not the other way around.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    You are wrong.
    eagle2180 is right. We do pay someone--Learfield. Why wouldn't we expect that the people we pay to do a job would do the job?

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

If the prediction in drop in revenue is true then I say hold an emergency vote to kick FIU and FAU out immediately. NCAA just voted to allow conferences with less than 12 to have a championship game so that wouldn't be an issue. They should have never been added in the first place. Two less schools we'd have to share with.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

One of the F_U's was okay to add. The other one was another corrupt deal by B.B.. I don't recall which was which.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Bringing in the belch schools was bound to reduce the revenue; or, losing the schools CUSA lost was bound to reduce the revenue.
    Take your pick........................Same difference.
    CUSA isn't nearly the conference it used to be .......................................

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

With the Big 10's new deal with Fox, I don't expect C-USA to be on FS1/FSN/FCS.

Looks like CBS Sports/ESPN (ESPN3)/ASN

I wish they would just announce it already.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

We could vastly increase it again by booting out FIU and FAU. Their presence doesn't increase the value that much and does more harm to the conference in every sport.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    We could vastly increase it again by booting out FIU and FAU. Their presence doesn't increase the value that much and does more harm to the conference in every sport.
    Ain't happening -

The group of 5 is basically just going to be reduced from getting the table scraps to the crumbs off the napkin...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog Avi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the rough Avi8r's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi8r View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    Why thank you. ;-)

Banowsky saw the writing on the wall when he got out as C-USA commish. Our current commissioner just hasn't moved the bubble on the level, has she?

I wish Tech would hire me and give me one job: bitch daily to the C-USA TV Committee and the ASN suits to start developing our own cost-efficient digital network (then we all can set our own kickoff times. LOL).
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread