+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1/14: @ FIU Game

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: 1/14: @ FIU Game

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    In seriousness, could use some extra games to help gel.
    I don't think that's the big problem. Looks to me like the new coach doesn't "put much emphasis" on defense ??

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    I don't think that's the big problem. Looks to me like the new coach doesn't "put much emphasis" on defense ??
    This might be the case.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

M. Basketball. Post-Game Notes

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Notes

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

100% this.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

M. Basketball. Post-Game Quotes

Quotes

More...

Discuss it here.

M. Basketball. Bulldogs Fall on the Road to Panthers

Louisiana Tech could not keep up with hot-shooting FIU as the Bulldogs fell on the road to the Panthers, 88-74, on Thursday night inside FIU Arena.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

We are used to seeing a VERY high pressure defense that causes multiple turnovers. That is missing this year. Some of that is no Speedy or Applebee, but we definitely need to step that up to have a chance come tourny time.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

I did not attend, listen to, or watch the FIU game, but did manage to peek at gametracker on my phone late in the second half. My comments are not specifically about the FIU game.

Basketball is a team sport and it is difficult to win unless you play as a team. Individual goals must be put aside and team goals should come first. I read a study one time that said assists are the most important factor in determining a team's chances for success. Last night, we had 10 to FIU's 17.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

I know we were bad in a lot of different areas, but the fact that Holden and Sheppard combined for 15 points and 11 rebounds from the center spot is really encouraging to me. These guys are getting better every night. Alex and Erik were both off last night, and when that happens we are not going to beat many teams. Those are our two best players.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting Stats to Consider:

Currently we rank 67th in 3 pointers attempted. We rank 252nd in 3 point percentage however.
    On the other hand we rank 110th in 2 point baskets attempted, and we rank 67th in 2 point basket percentage.

In our 4 losses:

against Memphis - Tech - 38% from the field, 30% from beyond the arc (20 shots), and 47% at the line (34 shots). Memphis shot 47% and 43.4% from three.

against Ole Miss - Tech - 43.5% from the field, 33.3% from beyond the arc (24 shots), and 75% from the line (24 shots). OleMiss shot 56.9% and 46% from three.

against ODU - Tech - 34.6% from the field, 33% from beyond the arc (24 shots), and 75% from the line (12 shots). ODU shot 41.8% and 37.5% from three.

against FIU - Tech - 41.4% from the field, 25% from beyond the arc (24 shots), and 58% from the line (17 shots). FIU shot 56.9% and 50% from three.

Bad defense? Bad shot selection from Tech?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I was not able to listen to the entire game. Did FIU contiue the hot shooting in the second half like they did in the first 25-30 minutes of the game?

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I was not able to listen to the entire game. Did FIU contiue the hot shooting in the second half like they did in the first 25-30 minutes of the game?
    They were over 70% at the half, and they finished at 57% for the game. They continued to play well, but we had openings. They shot very well from three though.

And are we living and dying by the 3 point bucket?

I gave you the stats in our losses, but the stats aren't much better in the wins.

UTA - 22 attempts - 27%
    GSU - 26 attempts - 27%
    NC Central - 24 attempts - 16.7%
    JSU - 29 attempts - 27.6%
    LSUS - 21 attempts - 33%
    ULL - 20 attempts - 40%
    Southern - 20 attempts - 40%
    FGCU - 17 attempts - 11.8%
    PV - 18 attempts - 38.9%
    USM - 28 attempts - 35.7%
    Charlotte - 24 attempts - 58.3%

and of course here are the NATIONAL averages - 20-21 attempts per game, and 34%-34.5% per game.

La Tech is shooting - 23 per game and 32.5%, which puts us at 71st and 242nd nationally.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    Interesting Stats to Consider:

Currently we rank 67th in 3 pointers attempted. We rank 252nd in 3 point percentage however.
    On the other hand we rank 110th in 2 point baskets attempted, and we rank 67th in 2 point basket percentage.

In our 4 losses:

against Memphis - Tech - 38% from the field, 30% from beyond the arc (20 shots), and 47% at the line (34 shots). Memphis shot 47% and 43.4% from three.

against Ole Miss - Tech - 43.5% from the field, 33.3% from beyond the arc (24 shots), and 75% from the line (24 shots). OleMiss shot 56.9% and 46% from three.

against ODU - Tech - 34.6% from the field, 33% from beyond the arc (24 shots), and 75% from the line (12 shots). ODU shot 41.8% and 37.5% from three.

against FIU - Tech - 41.4% from the field, 25% from beyond the arc (24 shots), and 58% from the line (17 shots). FIU shot 56.9% and 50% from three.

Bad defense? Bad shot selection from Tech?
    How does this compare to those team's averages? Maybe Ole Miss usually hits 57%. I saw an ODU fan complaining after the UAB loss that Bacote is either hot or cold (he was hot hot hot vs us of course).

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    How does this compare to those team's averages? Maybe Ole Miss usually hits 57%. I saw an ODU fan complaining after the UAB loss that Bacote is either hot or cold (he was hot hot hot vs us of course).
    UAB also has serious length that can alter shots/drives from anywhere in the half court. Not discounting what you said or the complaint of the ODU fan. Just adding another thought.

+ Reply to Thread