+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. Davenport Leads @LATechWBB to Win

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Fiu W. Basketball. Davenport Leads @LATechWBB to Win

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech will play its first home game in over three weeks when the Lady Techsters host FIU Thursday at 6:30 p.m. at the Thomas Assembly Center.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Hosts FIU Thursday

Game day!!

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see Tyler out and about promoting the Techsters. This looks like Portico and I know he was at Newk's as well. Like Konkol's recent outreach on campus, it's great to see our people trying some fresh ideas.

From Facebook:
    Coach Summitt made a tour of some of the hot spots during lunch time handing out some tickets to tonight's C-USA game against FIU. Fans really enjoyed getting an opportunity to visit with him. Tip set for 6:30 pm at the TAC.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome!

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Vasquez and Davenport combine for 15 first quarter points? That's a nice surprise!
    LaTech up by 9 points.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Techsters up 19-10 at quarter

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

FIU appears to be coached by Montel Williams.

Both teams shooting FT really really well.

After 3,Techsters up 64-41

Wingate 13, Pumroy 13, Davenport 11, Vasquez 12, shooting 64% on threes

82-63 final us

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

I'm not a coach and I never played the game. I'm just a fan ok?

However, can someone explain why Tyler substitutes so much? I'm not against playing everyone, but sometimes it is less than a minute before someone he just put in, comes out. Honest question.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. Davenport Leads @LATechWBB to Win

Sophomore Tiara Davenport was not in Louisiana Tech’s starting line Thursday night, the first time this season that Tyler Summitt has No. 24 on the bench to start the game.

More...

Discuss it here.

W. Basketball. Post Game Quotes

Post FIU

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post

However, can someone explain why Tyler substitutes so much? I'm not against playing everyone, but sometimes it is less than a minute before someone he just put in, comes out. Honest question.
    First of all, great job by the Techsters! This team lost to WKU by 2 points! This is their first conference blow out. Nice to see Davenport start to come out of her slump, as well.

On your question, I think he likes to keep fresh legs in the game, but more than that, I think if someone does something he believes is not what he wants to see, he pulls them quickly. If you watch, many times he is coaching actual positions and blocking out on the sideline as they come out - especially during time outs. I think sometimes it would be better to let some get in more of a flow, but I am going to stick with his judgement on it. I don't notice some missed assignments or little things that don't please him, but I think he is a perfectionist.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post

Assuming he does it for the same reason is Mom did, the idea is--especially early in the season and early in a player's career--not to let them play if they don't do what you told them. But it's not punishment. It's teaching them they have to stay focused and bring what the coaches need them to bring. For whatever reason, if they can't do what's needed in an early season game, how are they going to listen and execute reliably when it's 8 seconds left in a tournament game?

Usually the reason players don't is because they either weren't focused when you told them before they checked in (can't have that happen in a big game) or they reverted to familiar play when they got in. But you can't just let them play awhile, then remember or figure it out. Gotta know who is dependable before you get to that game-in-the-balance timeout.

It's also a good thing to remember as fans when we're second guessing why the coach put in A instead of B at a critical point in the game. B may present the better matchup, but we don't know if she hasn't proved trustworthy to translate sideline instruction into on-court execution.

+ Reply to Thread