+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Football. Louisiana Tech 2016 Football Season Tickets Now on Sale - latechsports.com

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Football. Louisiana Tech 2016 Football Season Tickets Now on Sale - latechsports.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    We should be using incentives to gain new ticket holders not ultimatums for those who have held tickets since our AD was pooping green.
    ....not long ago, eh?

Varsity Bulldog wce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Football. Louisiana Tech 2016 Football Season Tickets Now on Sale - latechsports.

We should be using incentives to gain new ticket holders not ultimatums for those who have held tickets since our AD was pooping green.
    Well Said!!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Yes - it is also going to be interesting to see the money that shifts from academics to athletics they haven't accounted for. If you give to academics, it is not counted for athletics. The pot of money is the same, we may just see a shift. I have already heard people say they will just change where they give. This was not well thought out from the top on down. This was a fail!

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

wce1980 and I have discussed this a little, but I think they are trying to thin the herd around the chairbacks so that more chairbacks can be added. It's been discussed before that the reason they can't add more chairbacks is because the benches hold more people and placing chairbacks would reduce the number of seats available in a row. That means season ticket holders would have to be moved out. I think what we are seeing now would be the same reaction if people were told they can't have their same season tickets next year. We have surplus demand for premium seats right now and excess supply for the cheap seats. I think the pains we are feeling are growing pains and I think it's a good thing.

I would however recommend they find some way to soften the blow for those being displaced. Perhaps a one time $30 per seat reduction in season ticket price for the adjacent section. Perhaps sweeten the deal a little for those who choose to pony up the LTAC money. Cushioned bench seat add on for all seats in the new premium section (preferably closer to the size of the chairbacks).

It sucks but I think it can be a good thing for us going forward.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

That's an all-time classic post right there!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    wce1980 and I have discussed this a little, but I think they are trying to thin the herd around the chairbacks so that more chairbacks can be added. It's been discussed before that the reason they can't add more chairbacks is because the benches hold more people and placing chairbacks would reduce the number of seats available in a row. That means season ticket holders would have to be moved out. I think what we are seeing now would be the same reaction if people were told they can't have their same season tickets next year. We have surplus demand for premium seats right now and excess supply for the cheap seats. I think the pains we are feeling are growing pains and I think it's a good thing.

I would however recommend they find some way to soften the blow for those being displaced. Perhaps a one time $30 per seat reduction in season ticket price for the adjacent section. Perhaps sweeten the deal a little for those who choose to pony up the LTAC money. Cushioned bench seat add on for all seats in the new premium section (preferably closer to the size of the chairbacks).

If this is the reason why not be upfront about it?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    If this is the reason why not be upfront about it?
    I don't know that I have a good answer, but I don't think most people want to hear we are kicking you out to make room for people who will pay more for your seats. That's basically what they are telling people anyway I guess.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post

This could very well be the reason, but I also believe that we know what we are doing as an athletic department. I'm sure they did their research and have accounted for the potential losses of season ticket holders and have also accounted for the people that will continue renew their tickets or be a new season ticket holder. In that research that was done, if a huge loss was expected to happen, I highly doubt they were like just screw it, it'll be fine we dont need money. While I dont always agree with everything the athletic department does, I do think that they have very good plan in place that is not just decided on out of the blue.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

not a fan of this unless they increase the price of the single game tickets by 20 bucks (assuming 5 home games) to account for the requirement we have to meet.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

If their goal is to make room for those who will pay the freight then go ahead and re-do the whole west side in blue seats and displace everyone. As Jerry Clower would say: "Need to Re-Mount and Re-Load."
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    If their goal is to make room for those who will pay the freight then go ahead and re-do the whole west side in blue seats and displace everyone. As Jerry Clower would say: "Need to Re-Mount and Re-Load."
    or, shoot up in amongst us, it'll give one of us some relief.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    This could very well be the reason, but I also believe that we know what we are doing as an athletic department. I'm sure they did their research and have accounted for the potential losses of season ticket holders and have also accounted for the people that will continue renew their tickets or be a new season ticket holder. In that research that was done, if a huge loss was expected to happen, I highly doubt they were like just screw it, it'll be fine we dont need money. While I dont always agree with everything the athletic department does, I do think that they have very good plan in place that is not just decided on out of the blue.
    The plan as presented is totally flawed.

When you have limited audience with and abundance of empty seating you try to grow the audience, not the amount they are paying. This seems to be our AD's approach in MBB too.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

The plan as presented is totally flawed.

When you have limited audience with and abundance of empty seating you try to grow the audience, not the amount they are paying. This seems to be our AD's approach in MBB too.
    Would you take a trade off of losing a few hundred season ticket holders in order to make more money? Just because some decide they are not going to get season tickets, doesnt mean they will not be at the game. They can still buy walk up tickets very easily, which in turn allows them to buy concessions which is all they were contributing anyways.

Well again. I am just speculating on a possible reason. They may have decided they should make all of those sections premium without expanding the "box seats". 10 years ago when I first got season tickets, being in the prime seating location was one of the benefits of being a season ticket holder. Being a season ticket holder is no longer enough I guess.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    Would you take a trade off of losing a few hundred season ticket holders in order to make more money? Just because some decide they are not going to get season tickets, doesnt mean they will not be at the game. They can still buy walk up tickets very easily, which in turn allows them to buy concessions which is all they were contributing anyways.
    No trade off with the people who are running things now. No reason to believe we'd make more money. No guarantee that pissed off ex-season ticket holders will attend games.

It sounds like the spin coming from the admin is like it was back in the early days of THE BBB. They get the pulse of the fan base and begin making poor excuses for poor decisions.

+ Reply to Thread