+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Football. Louisiana Tech 2016 Football Season Tickets Now on Sale - latechsports.com

Varsity Bulldog wce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Football. Louisiana Tech 2016 Football Season Tickets Now on Sale - latechsports.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    No trade off with the people who are running things now. No reason to believe we'd make more money. No guarantee that pissed off ex-season ticket holders will attend games.

It sounds like the spin coming from the admin is like it was back in the early days of THE BBB. They get the pulse of the fan base and begin making poor excuses for poor decisions.
    Im just curious, because I dont know. Has our admin made any type of statement as to why this decision was made, or did everyone just find out by surprise?

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Re: Football. Louisiana Tech 2016 Football Season Tickets Now on Sale - latechsports.

So let me get this straight - we have only 5 home games (probably the only FBS team in the country without 6) against 'not so great' competition AND you're asking us to pay an 'extra' $100 per seat as a sort of a PSL -???????

Yea, that's how you grow a fan base!!!!

I'll have what they're drinking in Ruston!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    Would you take a trade off of losing a few hundred season ticket holders in order to make more money? Just because some decide they are not going to get season tickets, doesnt mean they will not be at the game. They can still buy walk up tickets very easily, which in turn allows them to buy concessions which is all they were contributing anyways.
    I don't think they considered the pot of money is going to be the same whether it is for academics for sports- there will be reshuffling on that as well. You give them credit that they thought this out-I don't think that happened at all! They should be doing everything the can to build the fan base. TECH sucks at that and has for years. Do you really think people that are angry about getting screwed with the tickets they purchased for years will come to games- not even a little chance that will happen.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wce1980 View Post
    Im just curious, because I dont know. Has our admin made any type of statement as to why this decision was made, or did everyone just find out by surprise?
    Of course not. They do ridiculous stuff all the time and nobody takes credit or gives an explanation. With them, it's just "shut up and give more!"

Some of us assumed it was a messed up press release at first.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    If their goal is to make room for those who will pay the freight then go ahead and re-do the whole west side in blue seats and displace everyone. As Jerry Clower would say: "Need to Re-Mount and Re-Load."
    Yeppers!

Varsity Bulldog wce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the rough

I think the better course of action would have been to grandfather in the existing season ticket holders, and then if they felt they needed to require a $100 charge per seat, have new season ticket holders pay that. That would keep Tech from alienating long time season ticket holders.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wce1980 View Post
    I think the better course of action would have been to grandfather in the existing season ticket holders, and then if they felt they needed to require a $100 charge per seat, have new season ticket holders pay that. That would keep Tech from alienating long time season ticket holders.
    Yes.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

LTAC members should have first choice for season tickets and after that non-LTAC members can select their season ticket seats.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    LTAC members who give $100 per seat in addition to what they already give should have first choice for season tickets and after that non-LTAC members can select their season ticket seats.
    fify in bold

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I'm just glad to have an administration that is getting things done and moving us forward. We need revenue and can't afford to fall any further behind than we already are. These are for premium seats ONLY, between the 30s I'd guess. If you don't want to pay the fee buy tickets in another section and save 300 bucks. We used to be able to drive up and park in the lot for free but that is gone and most people understood why, this is no different. Every other CUSA school is doing this for PREMIUM Seating and probably has been doing it for years. I don't want to have the lowest budget, worst facilities, and lowest paid staff in the conference any more. We need to be capitalizing on every area and this is one of those, hopefully others will be pursued as well.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    fify in bold
    It's not extra. If you give $500 to LTAC and have 5 season tickets in these sections you will not be required to give an extra $500 (or $1,000 total) to buy those seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    I'm just glad to have an administration that is getting things done and moving us forward. We need revenue and can't afford to fall any further behind than we already are. These are for premium seats ONLY, between the 30s I'd guess. If you don't want to pay the fee buy tickets in another section and save 300 bucks. We used to be able to drive up and park in the lot for free but that is gone and most people understood why, this is no different. Every other CUSA school is doing this for PREMIUM Seating and probably has been doing it for years. I don't want to have the lowest budget, worst facilities, and lowest paid staff in the conference any more. We need to be capitalizing on every area and this is one of those, hopefully others will be pursued as well.
    What proof do you have that this move will produce a net revenue?

Many of the people who will be forced to move are already giving a substantial amount to LTAC and season tickets.

We have not been able to park for free in many years. Our AD did not fix that.

It doesn't matter what "other C-USA schools" are doing. We are in a demographic that can't operate like "other C-USA schools".

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    It's not extra. If you give $500 to LTAC and have 5 season tickets in these sections you will not be required to give an extra $500 (or $1,000 total) to buy those seats.
    Makes sense, and I don't doubt you. That's not what it said in the first press release. It looks like the wording has been adjusted in the most recent release.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the AD's #1 job would be to get more fans in the seats to generate more revenue. This move will piss fans off and they won't buy season tickets. This is a crucial mistake for McClelland. If I were Guice and he brought this plan to me I would have said "Get off your lazy ass and earn the money we're paying you and stop trying to run off our fans." I think we all should send him a letter telling how stupid this is. We should be giving discounts on tickets instead of putting a penalty on people that already buy tickets.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I thought the AD's #1 job would be to get more fans in the seats to generate more revenue. This move will piss fans off and they won't buy season tickets. This is a crucial mistake for McClelland. If I were Guice and he brought this plan to me I would have said "Get off your lazy ass and earn the money we're paying you and stop trying to run off our fans." I think we all should send him a letter telling how stupid this is. We should be giving discounts on tickets instead of putting a penalty on people that already buy tickets.
    Is the amount of discounted tickets we sale going to make more money than the extra $100 dollars on each premium season ticket? Serious question, I dont know the answer. I think we all have our own opinion on if this is good or not. My opinion is if you just wont come to a game because your seats were sold for what accounts to a higher price then that shows how much you really love Tech. Me personally, if I decided I cant afford the extra $100 for each ticket, then I'll just get tickets in a section that does not require the fee. There aint a bad seat in the Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    Is the amount of discounted tickets we sale going to make more money than the extra $100 dollars on each premium season ticket? Serious question, I dont know the answer. I think we all have our own opinion on if this is good or not. My opinion is if you just wont come to a game because your seats were sold for what accounts to a higher price then that shows how much you really love Tech. Me personally, if I decided I cant afford the extra $100 for each ticket, then I'll just get tickets in a section that does not require the fee. There aint a bad seat in the Joe.
    But I think part of the issue people are having is that loyalty goes both ways. There are people who have purchased season tickets in these sections for 10 or 20 years, and have remained loyal and continued to purchase them and attend games through alot of bad, miserable seasons. But now that our Dawgs have had a couple of good seasons in a row, they feel like they are being kicked to the curb because they can't or won't pony up more money, and it seems that their years of loyalty mean nothing now. And we don't know everyone's situation. There are probably many who would give to LTAC, but their financial situation won't allow it. Buying season tickets is their way of supporting our program.

+ Reply to Thread