+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standing On A Corner in Winslow, AZ

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Standing On A Corner in Winslow, AZ

RIP Glenn Frey.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Standing On A Corner in Winslow, AZ

For me ranks about even with John Lennon. A landmark passing.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

I was totally blown away by his passing. I never knew he was gravely ill. I saw The Eagles in concert twice, and loved both concerts. What a great band they were. I say "were" because there is no way they will ever go on without Glenn.

He was something of an enigma. He was a hardass with his fellow band members, except with Don Henley. He fired both Don Feldon and Randy Meisner out of the blue because they would not bow to his sometimes over-bearing demands, so I have heard. He ran off others as well, but it was his band. Bernie Leadon quit the band by pouring a beer over Frey's head.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I was totally blown away by his passing. I never knew he was gravely ill. I saw The Eagles in concert twice, and loved both concerts. What a great band they were. I say "were" because there is no way they will ever go on without Glenn.

He was something of an enigma. He was a hardass with his fellow band members, except with Don Henley. He fired both Don Feldon and Randy Meisner out of the blue because they would not bow to his sometimes over-bearing demands, so I have heard. He ran off others as well, but it was his band. Bernie Leadon quit the band by pouring a beer over Frey's head.
    That would probably do it.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I heard that Meisner wouldn't sing "Take it to the Limit" one more time in concert (sorry about the pun) and Glen fired him over that since it was one of their signature songs and it was Randy's to sing.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I heard that Meisner wouldn't sing "Take it to the Limit" one more time in concert (sorry about the pun) and Glen fired him over that since it was one of their signature songs and it was Randy's to sing.
    Yep, I heard that too. Meisner didn't like singing those high notes after making it a huge hit. He created his own monster. Meisner and Frey were polar opposites. After he canned Meisner, strangely, Frey would sing that song in concerts. He cut out the real high notes when he sang it. He always prefaced it by saying it was his wife's favorite song, because she tied it to her credit card.

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

My favorite concert of all time was The Eagles at Tech in the mid-seventies. As good as they were on records, they were fantastic live. A very sad day indeed.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Been right there.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Lucky to see them at Centurytel in about '05.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

There last concert was in Bossier.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I had to miss it but Mrs TD got to go with some friends. Said it was a great concert as were the other Eagles concerts we'd seen in the last few years. Now I really hate that I didn't get to go.

Bulldog wmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of light wmladawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I was able to be there!! My fourth time to see them but this one was probably the best. A solid 3 1/2 hour performance!!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

If you haven't seen this documentary, you should. It explains many of the firings and how Kenny Rogers got them started.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    If you haven't seen this documentary, you should. It explains many of the firings and how Kenny Rogers got them started.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Eagles
    I saw a very good documentary on them so that was probably it. That's where I got the Meisner "Take it to the Limit" story.

+ Reply to Thread