+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iphone battery

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

iphone battery

I think I found several settings to change that should help. What are some things you do to help save your battery? It's amazing how much "stuff" gets added without us realizing.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: iphone battery

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    . What are some things you do to help save your battery? .
    Buy a Lumia and switch to Windows.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Geek!

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I think I found several settings to change that should help. What are some things you do to help save your battery? It's amazing how much "stuff" gets added without us realizing.
    I asked someone at Batteries+ Store the same question just the other day.

1. Adjust screen brightness... touch screen at bottom of screen and swipe upward and you will see a brightness adjustment (or go to settings, then display & brightness and adjust there) Saves battery life
    2. Go to Settings, then General, then Auto Lock and select how quickly you want the phone screen to "sleep and lock" when not in use. Saves battery life
    3. Quickly press the "start button" twice (not sure the official name for the button just below the screen). It will show miniature pictures of recent activity on the phone. Swipe upward on each one and it will close the file and reduce battery consumption
    4. Keep your phone out of the heat (i.e. car in the summer or if bright sunny day don't leave in a car). Heat is not good for a battery.
    5. Car chargers are needed in an emergency but they are not good on batteries and shorten their life span because they typically charge much faster than the wall charger and overheats the battery.
    6. As soon as phone is fully charged, disconnect from charger. If you don't it shortens the life because it heats the battery
    7. If someone is calling and you don't want to answer, don't let it keep ringing until voicemail picks up b/c uses battery. Quickly press twice the on/off or lock button on top of the phone to send them directly to voicemail. Less battery will be used. (Don't just press once because that only stops the ringing on your end. It will continue for the caller and uses your battery life.)
    8. Batteries can only be recharged so many times (I don't know how many times) and depending how many times it's been charged it may be time for a new one
    9. I think there's more but not able to recall at this time.

Thanks!

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

The main culprit of battery consumption is screen brightness. Sure there are other things you can do to lessen bettery usage, but most are fractional.

Turn down your brightness.
    When and if you are not going to be using your Bluetooth regularly, turn that off too.
    Keep your phone's software up-to-date. In your case, your iOS version. Sometimes, Apple and Google release software updates to help with battery consumption.

If it's still bad after that, it might be time for a newer phone with a larger battery.

+ Reply to Thread