+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Franklin leaves Cal for Middle Tenn.

Big Dog LongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the rough LongtimeDawgfan's Avatar

Franklin leaves Cal for Middle Tenn.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Re: Fraklin leaves Cal for Middle Tenn.

Hmmmm.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Will it take 3 years for "The System" to take hold?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

IMO, this is NOT a good thing for LA Tech. Tech fans know that Tony Franklin is very good at his craft. The combination of him and that hot shot sophomore-to-be QB Brent Stockstill at MTSU could spell serious trouble for Tech for the next 3 years. Even without Franklin, Stockstill completed 66.7% of his passes for 4,005 yards this past season AS A FRESHMAN!!

Nope. There's no way this is good for LA Tech.
    Last edited by HogDawg; 01-25-2016 at 09:28 PM.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    IMO, this is NOT a good thing for LA Tech. Tech fans know that Tony Franklin is very good at his craft. The combination of him and that hot shot sophomore-to-be QB Brent Stockwell at MTSU could spell serious trouble for Tech for the next 3 years. Even without Franklin, Stockwell completed 66.7% of his passes for 4,005 yards this past season AS A FRESHMAN!!

Nope. There's no way this is good for LA Tech.
    Who's Stockwell?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Who's Stockwell?
    Now Corrected.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with HD on this one. Franklin will be tough to deal with. The dude demands precision. I've never seen a more intense practice coach at TECH ever.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I agree with HD on this one. Franklin will be tough to deal with. The dude demands precision. I've never seen a more intense practice coach at TECH ever.
    Then why would he leave Cal for less money and seemingly less opportunity? It sure seems strange to me that if he wasn't fired, then why leave?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Docman5 View Post
    Then why would he leave Cal for less money and seemingly less opportunity? It sure seems strange to me that if he wasn't fired, then why leave?
    It's likely that he was asked to leave if he could not devote his full time to being the OC at Cal. The Cal people never liked the idea of having a part time OC in Franklin.

He also knew the QB at Cal had made his system work. That guy is gone now. We may never know the whole story.

We will see if Middle can adapt, but no team has ever adapted to the system in year one.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like he wanted to be closer to his family:

"I didn't leave for Middle Tennessee. I left Cal to go home," Franklin said. "I made a decision to go home before I got the job at Middle Tennessee. ... It's time to go be a good son, a good dad and a good granddad."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Sounds like he wanted to be closer to his family:

"I didn't leave for Middle Tennessee. I left Cal to go home," Franklin said. "I made a decision to go home before I got the job at Middle Tennessee. ... It's time to go be a good son, a good dad and a good granddad."
    I won't take time to look up one of the many statements he made about how excited he was to be in California.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I won't take time to look up one of the many statements he made about how excited he was to be in California.
    There's really no need to. He showed the world his system can work at the P5 level and now he's going home to sell his system.

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    There's really no need to. He showed the world his system can work at the P5 level and now he's going home to sell his system.
    ...and he gets to keep doing his camps on the west coast.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

It has been mentioned in the Cal press that Dykes and Franklin never really got a along. Some friction between them. Dykes probably thinks he'll be in the playoffs next year now that he got the Golden Bears in a bowl! Yo, Sonny! you and 79 others....three with losing records....went bowling. You're not that great, bud! Your inflated ego is getting in the way.

Cal hired Dykes because of Franklin's offense at Louisiana Tech. Sonny is stupid if he doesn't understand that. Now it will be interesting to see what a Dykes team looks like without Franklin. I'm sure he's going to try to stay similar, but who replaces Franklin and is he as good as Franklin?

+ Reply to Thread