+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Conference Standings Thread

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Conference Standings Thread

Mike White had my full support while he was here. He deserved it too. I do believe he inadvertently divided the team by too much emphasis on the "Big 3" to the exclusion of our best playmakers on the team (Hamilton, McCree). I think it contributed to our LOSING the biggest games under his tenure and, consequently, not making the tournament. Konkol is much more understated and I will not be surprised if his teams WIN more of the big games. I actually believe we have a better chance of winning the CUSA tournament this year than last year.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Mike White had my full support while he was here. He deserved it too. I do believe he inadvertently divided the team by too much emphasis on the "Big 3" to the exclusion of our best playmakers on the team (Hamilton, McCree). I think it contributed to our LOSING the biggest games under his tenure and, consequently, not making the tournament. Konkol is much more understated and I will not be surprised if his teams WIN more of the big games. I actually believe we have a better chance of winning the CUSA tournament this year than last year.
    Great points and very true IMHO.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Please explain
    It wasn't exactly Isabella's article. It was what led to the article.

NWST issued an official press release saying, "Here is our schedule... except for one date we are leaving open for Louisiana Tech, but they haven't agreed to play us yet. This big rivalry game has been played for so long. Let's give north Louisiana what they want. Blah. Blah. Blah." It was a public plea. I've never seen anything like it.
    http://www.nsudemons.com/news/2015/7...711154353.aspx

Of course it became a big news story leading to that article by Isabella that appeared in newspapers in Shreveport, Monroe, and Alexandria, another article in the Natchitches paper, stories on all 6 TV stations across the Shreveport, Monroe, and Alexandria markets, and local sports talk radio in Shreveport all with the intent of painting Tech as a bad guy and putting public pressure on Konkol to schedule NWST.

It was bush-league, something NLULM would do. Without that pathetic press release, that Isabella article and all the other stories would never have been done.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Wow, there was purpose all over that piece of crap journalism. They basically conspired to ambush Konkol, at the time when he will probable be the most busy he will ever be while at Tech.

btw, it said, in glowing words, that "Mike McConathy has always been a proponent of playing local teams during his 16 seasons with the Demons.Whether that's games against Tech, ULM and even non-Division I programs like Centenary and LSU-Alexandria,"
    And, since the article also mentions Lafayette in the same terms, my question is, isn't LSU also a local team? Has to be cause the "local" population probably supports LSU more than NSU by 80% or more.

Another purpose piece of crap to put us back where we belong. We've gotten too uppity for the local journalists, trying to equate Tech to ULM, NSU and even Centenary and LSU-A ??!?!!?!!
    Yep. It's a big problem. The vast majority of our media coverage is controlled by LSU fans and other Tech haters.

Our last 3 Gannett beat writers? LSU grads.
    Gannett sports editor? LSU grad/Tech hater.

KTVE sports director? ULM grad/LSU fan/Tech hater.
    KTVE weekend sports guy? LSU grad/Tech hater.
    KTVE extra sports guy? LSUS grad.

KNOE weekend sports guy? LSU grad.
    KNOE extra sports guy? ULM grad/LSU fan.

KTBS sports director? LSU grad.
    KTBS weekend sports guy? LSUS grad.
    KTBS extra sports guy? LSU grad.

KSLA sports director? LSUS grad.
    KSLA extra sports guy? LSUS grad.

These people have the world view that LSU is on an untouchable level and that Tech should be put down in their place with the likes of ULM, NWST, and Grambling.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 03-09-2016 at 01:24 AM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Our brand outside of Louisiana is SO much stronger! I miss Louisiana, but so glad I don't have to see the local media do this type of thing all the time.

+ Reply to Thread