+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: recruiting: 6'4" Emily Schubert, 2016 post player

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

recruiting: 6'4" Emily Schubert, 2016 post player

Unsigned, top grades (Mensa member), quick feet, from Elizabethtown, TN. I have read (on the "internet" ) that some consider her a project because she's lacking in fundamentals of defense and rebounding. Does that mean she came to basketball late, with little or no AAU experience?

Just wondering if anyone has some actual knowledge on this young lady, and if she might be on our radar? Or is our program already past recruiting projects who are sub-6'5"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7in...be&app=desktop

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Re: recruiting: 6'4" Emily Schubert, 2016 post player

She would be on my radar if I was the coach. I thought she might be from Cleaver's home town, but she is from Kentucky not Tennessee. Do we have any scholarships left?

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

After doing a little searching, I'm surprised she isn't going to Vanderbilt or Stanford. Someone call Micki.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    After doing a little searching, I'm surprised she isn't going to Vanderbilt or Stanford. Someone call Micki.
    I agree..... Of course, we may already be on her trail.

I looked at her twitter and she doesn't mention college in any context.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Sidebar question: coaching undeveloped players

Here's a sidebar question while the original topic gathers more information:

Tyler coached some AAU players back when he was young (!) but how long has it been since Mickie DeMoss coached a post player who was not a high school All-American?

Could it be her first year or two at Kentucky? But even then she got that program to the top quite quickly, IIRC.

So what's it like for a coach to daily face players who are further down the learning curve, or who have not yet mastered the fundamentals? It's a communication challenge, for sure. But does it become frustrating for the coach to always be holding back, to withold information they eventually need to know, but may not yet be able to integrate successfully into their game?

I think the best coaches are good teachers. But once you learn a skill, it takes repetition to perfect it. That may be the problem with the Gibson girl from Florida. Might be taking her a little longer to get it.

Someone with the same credentials I have ...has posted she's being recruited by Lipscomb and Furman. She's playing with twins (guards, I believe) who have signed with ETSU. Gotta admit, a couple of hot shooting guards can certainly make an average but tall post player look extra good.

Here's a thought. With a 4.0 GPA, she could probably get an academic scholarship at Tech and then walk on for the Techsters.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Here's a thought. With a 4.0 GPA, she could probably get an academic scholarship at Tech and then walk on for the Techsters.
    True........ I hope they are looking at her, at least. I certainly trust DeMoss and Tyler with finding the talent. I have a feeling that it will be increasing every year.

Here's a merely interesting update. Miss Schubert's personal records in track & field:

400m - 1:08.63
    800m - 2:35.46
    3 Mile (xc) - 25:47.02
    5K (xc) - 22:02.20
    Discus - 112-4

Hey--I just googled on a whim, and didn't even go to the second page. The important question is, with all this information out there, how are today's young people going to embellish their personal accomplishments in their golden years?

That's been a sacrosanct right of adulthood since young King Arthur found a knife in a pile of mud.

I don't know anything about t&f. Are those good numbers? Maybe we could get her here on a track scholarship. Just sayin'.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    Here's a merely interesting update. Miss Schubert's personal records in track & field:

400m - 1:08.63
    800m - 2:35.46
    3 Mile (xc) - 25:47.02
    5K (xc) - 22:02.20
    Discus - 112-4

Hey--I just googled on a whim, and didn't even go to the second page. The important question is, with all this information out there, how are today's young people going to embellish their personal accomplishments in their golden years?

That's been a sacrosanct right of adulthood since young King Arthur found a knife in a pile of mud.
    How is her 3 mile slower than her 5K when a 5K is longer? That being said, that 5K time is real impressive for a lady.

Just found this posted in another school's forum, which should end this thread (hopefully before someone suggests to one of our coaches):

"Watched her play many times as I live here in etown. She has some strong games against mediocre competition at best. ... She will get ran over in the SEC. She would probably get ran over playing NAIA ball. Not trying to be rude, but it's the truth..."

Sorry to have raised false hope. I guess in today's data-saturated, AAU environment, there really are no "hidden" gems.

Unless...
    have any Maasai girls come over to play ball in the USA?

Oh well, there is a 6'7" girl from in the 2018 class in Liberty Hills, TX. Let's start working on her. Sedona something.

+ Reply to Thread