+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M. Basketball. Bulldogs Hang On for 85-75 Victory over Roadrunners

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

M. Basketball. Post-Game Notes

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Notes

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Re: The TAC is empty

Wow, no game discussion? Nothing since 8:06 and that was about the crowd. Or did i miss the game thread? If so, forget i said anything.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

M. Basketball. Bulldogs Hang On for 85-75 Victory over Roadrunners

All five Louisiana Tech starters scored in double figures, led by senior Alex Hamilton who registered his fourth double-double of the season with 18 points and 11 assists as the Bulldogs hung on to defeat UTSA, 85-75, on Thursday night in front of 3,428 fans inside the Thomas Assembly Center.

More...

Discuss it here.

M. Basketball. Post Game Quotes

Post UTSA

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Hm, i may have found the game thread. Had all of three game comments and two were same person. Last comment at 8:05. Does no one care anymore?

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Pretty dull. "Crowd" was about as "out of" this game as any home game this year................ probably more so, even.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully a few more wins added to this win streak and they will come around again. This thread should never have been started 15 minutes before tipoff.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't notice any spirit groups performing. Champ did get busy during halftime though.

Totally different topic but I've noticed our players dunking every pregame this season. Obviously, there's no longer a rule against that.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I didn't notice any spirit groups performing. Champ did get busy during halftime though.

Totally different topic but I've noticed our players dunking every pregame this season. Obviously, there's no longer a rule against that.
    How odd--there were cheerleaders and Regal Blues at the game. RBs performed at least twice on the court. Neither was a complete squad, though. Now that I think of it, were there no male cheerleaders there? Or maybe they've just run out of La Bamba 3-pointer t-shirts???

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post

Yes. Rule was changed pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    ... Now that I think of it, were there no male cheerleaders there? Or maybe they've just run out of La Bamba 3-pointer t-shirts???
    Yeah, there were some there..................... I didn't count em, tho.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    How odd--there were cheerleaders and Regal Blues at the game. RBs performed at least twice on the court. Neither was a complete squad, though. Now that I think of it, were there no male cheerleaders there? Or maybe they've just run out of La Bamba 3-pointer t-shirts???
    They were all there (except I never saw Tech XXI) in addition to the RHS dance line. Hopefully they listened to my complaints about throwing stuff into the seats during game action. It drives me nuts when the cheerleaders throw stuff into the crowd after made shots because everybody jumps up in chaos and you miss the next possession trying to dodge flying objects while others jump up in front of you. I missed the first two possessions of the game tonight because they were throwing rice krispy treats into the crowd. Hello, the game is going on! Save it for timeouts, please. It's gotten to a point where I think the cheerleaders have become a detriment to the game day experience. I'm all for switching to the A&M model consisting of the Regal Blues and yell leaders. I think it would work wonders. The TAC wasn't empty, but it was dead. And we still have many Medicare cardholders sitting in the student section.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 01-29-2016 at 12:27 AM.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Tech XXI was present.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Just keep getting "Ws" Dawgs. Win, baby, win!

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

So that was a Rice Krispy treat that sailed over my head, I knew it wasn't a t-shirt. I would rather have had that than the concession stand popcorn I ate for my supper.

The refs kind of zoned out the last 5 or 6 minutes. Until they had been one of the best crews we have seen in the TAC - not perfect, but far better than most. However, at the end they missed more calls than they did the rest of the game. If anything, it should be the other way around.

I never expect to see a perfect game, but in the last few minutes it is critical to be near perfect. I don't gripe very often about charge/block calls but missing obvious double dribbles, out of bounds calls, and fouls down the stretch could change the outcome in a close game. Missed calls earlier in the game allow a team plenty of time to overcome a bad call.

I think there were 10 or 12 Regal Blues, 6 pairs of male & female cheerleaders, and the Hoop Troop. I got into the game as much as usual. It's been nearly 3 weeks since I last watched basketball. I've not even watched TV other than short parts of a couple TV games in the last few weeks.

+ Reply to Thread