+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: M. Basketball. Bulldogs Hang On for 85-75 Victory over Roadrunners

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: The TAC is empty

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    We dont have the budget for additional promotions, that is why we are upping football season ticket prices.
    Gotta ask for sponsors.

Years ago, we (THE BBB) did a cash give away to students. I don't remember the details, but it worked well. Sponsors are out there for every game, but especially for games that lend to heavy student participation.

Basic economics will prove the price increase on tickets to be a bad move. Supply and demand does not apply to our football tickets yet.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DrDawg View Post
    My real concern is what the heck is a doughnut bacon cheeseburger?
    The TV announcers from last week's Southern Miss game talked repeatedly about these being sold through USM's concessions. We never meet an idea we don't love to copy.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    The TV announcers from last week's Southern Miss game talked repeatedly about these being sold through USM's concessions. We never meet an idea we don't love to copy.
    I believe it may be a promotion where the money raised is donated to some sort of charity. Dont leave out all the facts.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

I believe it may be a promotion where the money raised is donated to some sort of charity. Dont leave out all the facts.
    Please don't imply that I intentionally omitted facts. I didn't know that fact. May I ask how you learned of it?

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Please don't imply that I intentionally omitted facts. I didn't know that fact. May I ask how you learned of it?
    They mentioned it on the broadcast of the Southern Miss game, towards the end they mentioned that Southern Miss raised $250 by selling them that night. However, I am incorrect by saying that it goes to charity, it is just a new promotion that Aramark is doing and I assume that is why Tech is now selling them as well.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

TAC was empty cause the AD didn't market correctly. He shoulda been at the local Johnny's, Cane's and Captain D's giving away tickets. Just my opinion.
    ...and DQ....DQ has been packed since it opened!! Go DaiquiriDawg

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Re: M. Basketball. Bulldogs Hang On for 85-75 Victory over Roadrunners

Here are a few of my thoughts from reading all the above:
    1. Speaking of flying objects, at the last techster game i got hit with a flying t-shirt right in the chest. Luckily i looked up and saw it coming or it could have broken my nose. Stung for quite a while. Not sure they realize they could actually hurt someone.
    2. Speaking of dead hoop troop, i was waiting for the "happy and you know it" song and was disappointed they didn't do it. The student director is really into it with all his moves, so that's good even though it eventually gets on my nerves with all his dancing around. But he's trying to get them noticed and involved, so i just will look the other way.
    3. Am i missing something, or do they not give students prizes anymore for shooting free throws or musical chairs? What's the big deal/purpose if they don't get a shirt or chicken or something?
    4. Why did the crowd leave with the game almost on the line mid fourth quarter? The student section was pretty empty and the old folks practically all left at once at one point. We were at that time ahead by single digits with time for it to be really close at the end. Why would you just up and leave? Bedtime could wait 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Here are a few of my thoughts from reading all the above:
    1. Speaking of flying objects, at the last techster game i got hit with a flying t-shirt right in the chest. Luckily i looked up and saw it coming or it could have broken my nose. Stung for quite a while. Not sure they realize they could actually hurt someone.
    2. Speaking of dead hoop troop, i was waiting for the "happy and you know it" song and was disappointed they didn't do it. The student director is really into it with all his moves, so that's good even though it eventually gets on my nerves with all his dancing around. But he's trying to get them noticed and involved, so i just will look the other way.
    3. Am i missing something, or do they not give students prizes anymore for shooting free throws or musical chairs? What's the big deal/purpose if they don't get a shirt or chicken or something?
    4. Why did the crowd leave with the game almost on the line mid fourth quarter? The student section was pretty empty and the old folks practically all left at once at one point. We were at that time ahead by single digits with time for it to be really close at the end. Why would you just up and leave? Bedtime could wait 2 minutes.
    1. That cheerleader has a hell of an arm if he/she can break your nose with a shirt.
    2. The band was bad last night, but they were hostile at time, I think they was just no energy as a whole and it affected them as well.
    3. The students get gift cards to places for winning the events they participate in.
    4. Men's basketball plays 2 halves not quarters. Old people in student section always leave early, that is why we should email TMc and tell him we dont care if they have had tickets for 20 years there, they should totally be kicked out to the other side.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

1. If not my nose, it would have been my glasses. And sorry, but people all around me were asking if i wasok. So it's not like it just fell in my lap, thank you.
    3. That's good to know. They just used to announce the winner and tell them to come to the table and get their prize. Made a deal out of it and was publicity for the business donating the prize. Now they just walk off the court like so what. Even if prize came from tech sga or bookstore they would say so.
    4. Excuse me, i know the men play halves and i misspoke after going to techster game last week. Anyway, I was referring to old non-student people all over leaving toward the end when it might have gotten close with game on line. Couple of quick threes would have done it. And i agree the old ones in student section should move. Could replace them with the 5 student guys by us in the blue who never cheered or clapped once the whole game. That would pep up the student section for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    1. If not my nose, it would have been my glasses. And sorry, but people all around me were asking if i wasok. So it's not like it just fell in my lap, thank you.
    3. That's good to know. They just used to announce the winner and tell them to come to the table and get their prize. Made a deal out of it and was publicity for the business donating the prize. Now they just walk off the court like so what. Even if prize came from tech sga or bookstore they would say so.
    4. Excuse me, i know the men play halves and i misspoke after going to techster game last week. Anyway, I was referring to old non-student people all over leaving toward the end when it might have gotten close with game on line. Couple of quick threes would have done it. And i agree the old ones in student section should move. Could replace them with the 5 student guys by us in the blue who never cheered or clapped once the whole game. That would pep up the student section for sure!
    I was just messing with you Cutie, but in all seriousness our student section will always suck. No matter who is in the section it'll never get too loud in the TAC. I did see today that one student will win $1,200 at the MTSU game in a few weeks.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Gotta ask for sponsors.

Years ago, we (THE BBB) did a cash give away to students. I don't remember the details, but it worked well. Sponsors are out there for every game, but especially for games that lend to heavy student participation.
    I did see today that one student will win $1,200 at the MTSU game in a few weeks.

They really do read THE BBB

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I had to miss this game because of thesis stuff. I'm sure I could have motivated the students (/s).

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

They really do read THE BBB
    Either of these may apply here:

“Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

“One of the first things taught in introductory statistics textbooks is that correlation is not causation. It is also one of the first things forgotten.”
    Thomas Sowell

Unless someone over there kisses and tells, you likely will never know, but you probably prefer the former explanation over the latter.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Speaking of promoting the next home game, maybe the BBB can lead by example and change the Countdown clock. Or, is it good promotion to keep a Jan 7th game up there?

+ Reply to Thread