+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fly Fishing

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Fly Fishing

Any good recommendations on good entry rod/reel combos? Any good information on youtube videos to watch?

I've always wanted to get into it. My dad did when we were young, I think if I started he may want to jump back into it.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Re: Fly Fishing

I purchased a couple of Orvis kits and had very good luck with them. If you go this route, everything is balanced and works well together. Nothing is more fun than getting in a bream bed and getting a hit on every cast.

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.a...subcat_id=7309

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    Nothing is more fun than getting in a bream bed
    Exactly what I want to do.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I took my lightweight Cortland flyrod/reel combo out on Claiborne to see if I could get a striper to take a white streamer. It all went swimmingly until the striper went berzerk boatside so I now no longer have a lightweight combo. If you're just getting into the sport and only going for bream/bass get a cheaper rig until you're sure you like the whole deal.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    I took my lightweight Cortland flyrod/reel combo out on Claiborne to see if I could get a striper to take a white streamer. It all went swimmingly until the striper went berzerk boatside so I now no longer have a lightweight combo. If you're just getting into the sport and only going for bream/bass get a cheaper rig until you're sure you like the whole deal.
    Not just anybody could think of such a descriptive word for a fishing story.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I agree with Marketdawg. Start with an inexpensive combo and see how you like it. Glass weighs a little more, but works just fine and for small fish can be more fun to catch them.
    Good old Memorial Gym

I ended up grabbing the orvis. The dang thing is light, gets me excited. Now I just need to find time to learn.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    I ended up grabbing the orvis. The dang thing is light, gets me excited. Now I just need to find time to learn.
    Excellent!

I'm not sure where you live, but there is a fly fishing club in north Louisiana. There are tons of videos out there that can help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ir...6d0lgefZNtsdfg

http://www.northlaflyfishers.org/

+ Reply to Thread