+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172
Results 1,066 to 1,072 of 1072

Thread: Back to the important stuff....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Back to the important stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I am sorry, but Berhalter's style is dragging one of the most talented young groups we have ever had, into one of the most boring unproductive teams we have ever had!! Just look at how the team was attacking and playing with energy while he was "unhired" (since he wasn't fired) and before he was rehired. Same players slightly different coaching philosophy and a huge difference in quality. We need a new coach now, so they have almost the whole cycle before '26.
    I don't disagree with you about Berhalter. He sucks.

It was looking like a defeat last night, that although we enjoyed the run-of-play for most of the match, the same ugly crap was holding us back in the attacking 1/3. Even on corners we NEVER, EVER put someone on the back door, never! And 9 out of 10 times our corner kick sails over everyone's head, lands harmlessly 5 yards from the opposite post and not a US player there to take advantage of it. Our women's side does the same thing.

More to the point, lousy set pieces aside, it pains me to watch again and again a good buildup through the midfield only to have us squander the opportunity time after time....predictably. 90% of the time I can predict EXACTLY why that particular attack will fail, which player won't be where he needs to be and almost like DeJa'Vu watch it happen, like a frickin' replay. In the extra time an exhausted Jamaica defense finally was worn down and Geo Reyna made two perfect passes to Hadji Wright who finished both beautifully. Neither of those successful attacks had a damn thing to do with Berhalter, but rather two good players hooking up and, as I said, an absolutely exhausted Jamaican defense unable to respond quickly enough.

Our backline is now our biggest concern talent/experienced-wise. Scally got used like a clueless Under 12 defender on their early goal. Our defense scares me to death. And it will fail when it matters most like in the Olympics and the World Cup. It's funny that now after years and years of lacking a good midfield and a stable of world class strikers, the talent is there to be successful in international futbol. But now we lack the coaching.

There was some talk on a blog I follow on US Soccer, that Berhalter is operating with a very short leash. One poster claims had we lost last night Berhalter would have been fired today. I doubt that but hope it's true he's on a very short leash.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Oh the corners and set pieces drive me mad... there should be a back post and a run hitting the corner of the 6-yard box every time. Especially because I could put a dime on the spot Pulisic puts it every time!! What upsets me most is that going into the last cup and this cycle they made a point to let it be known they had a set piece/corners coach on staff dedicated to it. We have never been worse at them. I think we have a handful of good young defenders, but we need to call them up and play the hell out of them before '26.

I don't know if they would have fired him either, but he needs to go, and I am willing to suffer through whatever it takes. Everyone keeps saying the players love him.. well I am sure there is a group of about 15-16 that do because he will play them even to the detriment of the team.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

US vs. Mexico tonight for the Nation's League title.

I despise Mexico and their army of arrogant, disgusting fans. Have been around them before at matches, they are vile...and I am being as nice as I can

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I have been in the middle of their fans before and that was the most unsafe I have felt in my life, and I have been in some bad places and situations. This Mexican squad isn't a great squad, and we are more talented currently, but I have zero faith in any Berhalter squad to play anything other than down to the level of our opponent or worse. Plus, with the bad blood between them and us, even on home turf I am always nervous.

Dos a cero! (for the 10th time in history)

Adams and Reyna with awesome goals! Solid performance by Tim Ream anchoring the back line.

And eff Mexico and their classless fans.

USA!

And, kudos to Berhalter for that starting 11. I think he got that right, at least. Dest is so much fun to watch, McKennie is solid and the way both Adams and Reyna played in the midfield, I like it!

Until FIFA puts some real punishments for fans around the world that use racial and sexual slurs it's not going to stop. FIFA is too corrupt to do anything with real teeth. Last time they "punished" the Mexican federation for this happening during a men's game the federation got hit with a one game with no fans allowed. So, Mexico made their women play their next home game without fans, so they technically complied with FIFA. I was really surprised there were no lasers in the keepers' eyes at this match, like there usually is when Mexico has fans in any stadium.

Dos a cero- just has to really sting now.

I will give Berhalter credit for last night's line up. I am always glad for any win, but especially against Mexico.

+ Reply to Thread