Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
Talk is, of course, that Michael Bradley and Altidore and maybe a couple of other "older players" will be on the 23-man roster next year when WC qualifying starts for Qatar 2022. Altidore is what, 27? Should be in the prime of his athletic career, but he stays hurt. Christian Pulisic is hurt a lot too. Has missed 7 of the last 8 MNT's games due to nagging injuries.

Dempsey, the ole "bulldog," as he is referred to, has retired. Someone(s) need to step up and be that go-to guy up top.
Bradley should not be called up again. His ball handling and passing is dreadful. Turnover machine. I think Klinsman ruined him because he used to be decent in midfield.

Injuries are a part of the game. Everyone has injuries. Altidore has had more than his fair share. Dempsey missed a lot of games because of injuries. You have to make your twos as good as your ones because of this. It should always be next man up. Thats why I think the next coach needs to assemble a group of 23 and keep that group pretty stable for two cycles. They can learn and grow together. I hope the next coach can create a scheme that works for our talent, and not force our talent to work into their scheme.

I don't think it will be Ramos. He should have taken the interim job and proven his worth.

Osorio is no longer available.

Marsch maybe if you want an American coach?