+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to the important stuff....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Back to the important stuff....

The USMNT has hit an all-time low. As it stands right now I'd say this is the worst MNT in our entire history.

Next Tuesday when the Gold Cup pool play starts for real, we should see a better side out there. But...better than what, this crap? Won't be saying much. It bears mentioning that Venezuela has NEVER, EVER reached the World Cup finals in all of their history! This is the same Venz bunch that just lost to Mexico 3-1...with El Tri missing NINE starters!!! Hell, Venezuela doesn't even have a real country!

Recently, the MNT has lost at home for the FIRST TIME ever to both Jamaica and now Venezuela while scoring a grand total of ZERO goals.

Sheeesh!

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The USMNT has hit an all-time low. As it stands right now I'd say this is the worst MNT in our entire history.

Next Tuesday when the Gold Cup pool play starts for real, we should see a better side out there. But...better than what, this crap? Won't be saying much. It bears mentioning that Venezuela has NEVER, EVER reached the World Cup finals in all of their history! This is the same Venz bunch that just lost to Mexico 3-1...with El Tri missing NINE starters!!! Hell, Venezuela doesn't even have a real country!

Recently, the MNT has lost at home for the FIRST TIME ever to both Jamaica and now Venezuela while scoring a grand total of ZERO goals.

Sheeesh!
    Embarrassingly sloppy bad play. Our u20 team could have played better soccer.

As I said before none of these MLS scrubs should never be seen wearing a us crest again. They were painfully bad. The one position that we’ve never had to worry about before has gotten worse...the goalie! He had no clue how to play goalie. Out of position, bad reads on kicks led to two of the goals.

I mean 6 year olds know...when in doubt kick it out. The goalie should have launched the damn ball down the field. Then I see defenders running into each other and falling down like amateur hour out there.

I know berkhalter was looking for stars to fill his roster, but these players are rec play scrubs.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Great win today from the USWNT.

It was an expected performance against the scrub In their group, but they looked solid the whole match and didn’t let their effort down because of the competition.

I still think you win the next match and then sit your starters and maybe let Sweden take the top spot out of the group.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The USWNT "worst" 11 could still beat Sweden. We'll have to score own goals, on purpose, to lose.

Actually this match was a bad joke. The Thai GK is simply horrible. Yes, the US is a frickin scoring machine with ATM upfront in the 4-3-3 formation, and could put pressure on even the best sides, but Thai didn't help themselves with that exaggerated bunker defense. Officially 4-5-1, but morphed into a 5-5 and there was no real outlet for the defense to clear to.

As someone who has coached OVER-MATCHED sides, I can tell you from experience you are asking for a double-digit disaster bunkering down to that extent. Even when you are clearly out of your league, you still have to play fundamental soccer and that means as much possession you can get.

I trust the focus and mind-set of this team, so I don't think anything negative will come from opening with such a blowout. But, in general, results like this have been known to cause teams to lose focus, think everything will come easily. It won't...

In case you missed it:

USA 13 Thailand 0
    Alex Morgan scored 5 goals.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Crazy

Of course there is some pushback and criticism of the US team, saying they should have stopped scoring/celebrating after it got to 8-0. Well, why at 8? Why not stop at 7? Personally, I would have subbed out Morgan around the 70th minute, and then Rapinoe and Heath, switching to a 4-4-2 with Press and Pugh up top and bringing in another reserve midfielder for game experience. I wouldn't have called off the dogs though. Still have to play the game. When it was 12-0 I was rooting for Lloyd to get one. She did.

Now, next up Chile, which played a good Sweden side very tough, losing 2-0 on late goals after the weather delay. The Chile GK is very good. They will offer more resistance than Thailand did.

BTW, the Thai GK was credited with 8 saves. The US took 42 shots, 21 on goal. Incredibly the US never hit the woodwork once. That's unbelievable given how this match went. TOP was 75% US, but as far as effective possession it was more like 90% US.

BS on the penalty in the France-Norway game.

And why does Brazil's women's side have 5 stars on their jersey when they have won exactly ZERO World Cups? Yeah, I know, because their men's team has won 5 titles. So? Different teams. Don't see the USMNT with 3 stars on their shirts. Talk about disrespectful and unsportsmanlike...it's a slap in the face of the countries who have actually earned their stars.

Hah! Brazil blows 2-0 lead, loses to Australia 3-2!

Wanted to point out re: the US 13-0 blowout of Thailand, there is nothing in their pedigree that would have alerted/warned us this was an overwhelming mismatch. In the 2015 WC Finals Thai was outscored 10-3 combined in their three matches. And earlier this year, just a couple of months ago, Thai lost to France just 1-0 in a friendly.

At the half, at the moment, it is Sweden 3 Thai 0 and it does have all the makings of another pending blowout. Thai is doing a little better at possession...just a little, and have taken two shots in the 1st half. Oh, and the Swedes have celebrated after all three goals...shame, shame!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Wanted to point out re: the US 13-0 blowout of Thailand, there is nothing in their pedigree that would have alerted/warned us this was an overwhelming mismatch. In the 2015 WC Finals Thai was outscored 10-3 combined in their three matches. And earlier this year, just a couple of months ago, Thai lost to France just 1-0 in a friendly.

At the half, at the moment, it is Sweden 3 Thai 0 and it does have all the makings of another pending blowout. Thai is doing a little better at possession...just a little, and have taken two shots in the 1st half. Oh, and the Swedes have celebrated after all three goals...shame, shame!
    Didn’t this American women’s team lose a scrimmage to a boys 15 and Under team? I’ll have to find that link on Tiger Rant which is where I saw it.

There seem to be a few SJW Dykes on this team. I hope they lose every game.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn’t this American women’s team lose a scrimmage to a boys 15 and Under team? I’ll have to find that link on Tiger Rant which is where I saw it.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    it was a scrimmage 2 years ago https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/new...n-a-scrimmage/

I have not heard of the USWNT even playing a boys team. Of course Tiger Rant...wait, what are you doing hanging around the enemy like that anyway? Oh, okay a scrimmage. Thanks sportdawg.

True or not, it's not about what any women's team can/would do vs. men's teams. No WNBA team, even an all-star team, would stand a chance vs. an NBA team. In pro Track & Field even the fastest women would get smoked by the best men's runners. So? Men are superior physically...overall. Is this a revelation for you?

I tell you what, YOU organize a soccer team and go play the USWNT. We'll see how you'll fair... 13-0 would look good to you!

Oh, BTW, I coached a girls' U-14 team and we entered and won a boys' tourney. I'd like to say it was all because of my superior coaching! But truthfully I had some very good players, good athletes, including basketball standout Brandy Broome who played GK for me on that team. In 5 matches, she surrendered 1 goal, and was a perfect 7 for 7 stopping penalty kicks in the tourney.

Just saying...

US 3 Chile 0

We cleared the bench. The Chile GK, Endler, is terrific, had several fantastic saves. The US did enough today. Secured a spot in the Round of 16 and sit in first place in the group. Now, do we want to remain in 1st place? Yeah...it's not our way to not try our best to win.

We are WEAK at keeper. Wish we had Endler...

US 3 Chile 0

We cleared the bench. The Chile GK, Endler, is terrific, had several fantastic saves. The US did enough today. Secured a spot in the Round of 16 and sit in first place in the group. Now, do we want to remain in 1st place? Yeah...it's not our way to not try our best to win.

We are WEAK at keeper. Wish we had Endler...
    Haven’t had a keeper since Solo.

Unfortunately...she’s still an asshole.

+ Reply to Thread