+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 73 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to the important stuff....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Back to the important stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    D80 - your racist post was edited
    All it means is they can cross the Rio Grande while doing the backstroke. That's a compliment to their swimming prowess.

BTW, just to correct you, it is not racist. It might be ethnicist. Mexicans are the same race as me...Caucasoid. Different ethnic group? I suppose so. And, they are azzholes too.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Some fantastic matches today.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Some fantastic matches today.
    Spain v. Portugal

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Spain v. Portugal
    Not many times that a matchup in any sport that has been hyped for six months not only lives up to but exceeds the hype. Even less often that the matchup takes place in the premier event of that sport.

Spain v Portugal did every bit of that and more today.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Spain v. Ronaldo
    FIFY

A match for the ages. Ronaldo carried an entire team with that performance.

Both of these teams will advance to the elimination round.

Find the timing of that Spanish court declaring Ronaldo guilty of tax evasion curious. Same day as the big match. Mere coincidence, I'm sure. But if those Spanish judges hoped to distract him, someone should have told Ronaldo. His third goal is one for the ages...the stuff of legends!

Spain is the better side, and would beat Portugal in a best of 7 series, 4-2. The Spaniards play a beautiful brand of soccer, with that ball control and possession. All anyone has to do is watch Spain and then watch the USA play to see the gulf that exists for us to reach elite status. Long way to go.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Ronaldo is an ass but there's no denying that he's one of the greatest ever to play. He changes the whole game when he plays.

This Iceland defense is something else.

Yet ANOTHER failure by Messi on the grand stage. He is not....well...he just can't get it done when it matters most. He missed a PK vs. Chili in the last WC Finals that led to a loss.

Costa Rica up first for CONCACAF. Need the 3 points today vs. Serbia. CR, Mexico, and Panama are the three OLDEST sides in the WC Finals, average age right at 30. Lexi Lalas expressed concern CR's age will bite them. I don't think so. They don't play a run and gun, wide-open style. CR is all about staying organized and disciplined in formation. They don't need fresh, young legs for that style. Experience helps.

Holy moly! 30 mins in and Serbia is blowing straight through CR's usually stout defense. Desperate defending, and one of the best Keepers in the world, has kept it 0-0. But, for how much longer? Very disappointing start for CR....thus far.

CR lost 1-0. Major blackeye for CONCACAF.

I support our fellow CONCACAF member sides, and hope they do well. With one exception....I never root for the not-dry-opposite-of-front dudes. I hope Germany stumps them into a mudhole!

Have to give the El Tree credit, up 1-0 at the half and they have enjoyed the run of play. Germany turned up the heat and dominated the last 10 mins of the half. We'll see what happens in the final 45. Mexico held on, 1-0.

What I find amazing, and this has been true for decades, is just how many Mexican fans travel to the WC, be it in Brazil or Russia, and travel all over the world. That costs money. I looked into buying a package to attend WC Brazil in 2014, it was something like $3,800 per person just for the three pool matches, and that did not cover all your costs, like meals and other expenses. How is it these poor ole Mexicans, who are so oppressed by the evil USA, can afford to travel like this? There are 30,000 Mexican fans in Russia. I suppose that money comes from the $billions extorted from Americans over the years.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

El Tri looked good.

Btw, both Germany and Spain and Brazil played the “possession” game people are so fond of. All failed. A loss and two draws to weaker teams who played counter attack and set pieces.

I think one of America’s many failures was trying to play a style that doesn’t suit our style.

So, you're saying Germany, Spain, and Brazil are done? Cooked! Kaput! Out of the tourney!??? I wouldn't be so quick to write dem fellas off. (and, you're not)

I think all three matches can be easily explained. Germany extended the streak, to five, I think I heard today, of defending champs not winning their opening match as defending champs. Regardless, Germany looked lethargic. They tried to turn up the heat, but Mexico had settled in to a bunker defense after grabbing the lead, and they played a solid, mostly mistake-free match. Spain looked really good, especially in their possession. They did score 3 goals. Ronaldo (named for Ronaldo Maximus, btw) had a great game, and got lucky on his second goal. His third goal is as good as it gets. Brazil shouldn't try to slow it down, that is definitely not their style. And, Switzerland is no slouch. The Swiss are ranked #5 in the world.

I'm gonna say all three reach the Elite Eight, and 2 of 3 reach the Final Four....probably Germany and Spain.

As for the USA. Well, I agree we shouldn't try to mimic Spain, that style of play. We have only had a few players in our entire history who have been skilled enough to handle that possession style. We need to be more chaotic and unpredictable. BUT!! our possession is woeful. It's one thing to deliberately not play that style, it's quite another to being incapable of possession when it's needed. We can't hold the ball for any period of time. Landon Donovan was very good at holding the ball, when he had to. Although he didn't have any help. I thought Michael Bradley was developing into a good possession midfielder, some years back. But he's nothing but a turnover machine now. Years ago we had Claudio Reyna and Tab Ramos, both very good holding the ball. Have to be able to possess the ball. Without it, it's nothing but kickball.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Brazil fan. At least it wasn't a loss but I hope they get it going and sweep from here on out.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

I support our fellow CONCACAF member sides, and hope they do well. With one exception....I never root for the not-dry-opposite-of-front dudes. I hope Germany stumps them into a mudhole!
    I was and am pulling for Germany in this WC, family ties and all, but I like keeping track of the CONCACAF members. I really didn't like the commercials with Donovan jumping in the deep end for Mexico. I know he no longer plays for the USMNT but I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way.

+ Reply to Thread