+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to the important stuff....

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Back to the important stuff....

I didnt want to root for Brazil but I have so. many. friends. I have about a brazilian Brazilian friends.

Now I just want England to lose.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Is a brazilian > gazillion? If so, that's a lot!

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

The Red Devils put on a clinic today. Flawless play.

I think England is the last remaining past champion.

Which means someone new will be getting a star.

(Edit - I forgot the 98 France team. I still think someone new is getting the star.)

Maybe Belgium. Croatia would be nice too.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Belgium was the better team yesterday. It was a fair and solid win.

Neymar is talented, and when he's not "acting" silly, and just plays, he's very good. But the best player on the pitch in that match was Belgium's E. Hazard, their #10.

France is better than I thought. I knew they were very good, and the "bookies" have had them listed as a legit contender for months leading up to the Finals. But, the Frogs....or the Chickens (okay, Roosters)...are very, very good. They are absolutely solid in the midfield. Tuesday's semifinal France v. Belgium will be a great match.

Brazil....well, coming in, under their new coach and new philosophy of defense, defense, defense, counter-attack, they had been successful. In 25 games under this regime, they had something like 21 wins, 4 draws, had pitched 19 shutouts and outscored the opposition a combined 65-6. But Belgium is the best side they have played in that span, and I predicted the Red Devils would punish Brazil if they lost defensive organization, and that happened. Actually, at times, the Devils were slicing thru the Brazil defensive midfield with ridiculous ease. It is true Brazil was without its best holding midfielder due to that stupid two-yellows rule, but still, on a 23-man roster a side like Brazil...any team good enough to win it all...has a sufficient bench. The absence of Cameriso (spelling ???) was big, but he's just one of four MFs and the other 3 starters were out there, and they got smoked.

I also love Belgium's formation, they came out in the old 4-3-3. Love it! Goes back to the days I was coaching U14 & U16. I think it also showed how confident Belgium was. They are better than Brazil, and they know it.

England 2 Sweden 0

The Three Lions were the better team.

It's coming to a climax. The Final Four will be set this afternoon. But, Le Tour started today, so three more weeks of sports' entertainment, and by then, we'll be on the brink of football.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    It's easy to keep the room clean, if you don't use it. I have it on good authority the entire Japanese team changed in the broom closet down the hall.
    That Japanese team needs to visit my house. It could use a good scrub down.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Croatia v Russia was legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Croatia v Russia was legendary.
    A great match! Sad it had to be decided on PKs. But, without free substitution, cannot allow a match to go on indefinitely. I like the Golden Goal rule.

I have been involved in loooong matches, games with multiple OT periods. But we had free substitution, and players suffering from dehydration (cramping) can come off and get water and/or whatever. Under these FIFA rules, it would be dangerous for the game to go on in open play.

As for the match itself, it was a great game. Plenty of action, well-played, up and down the field.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Still bummed over Brazil...but I will probably be cheering for England and Belgium now.

SEMI CRAZED: BRITS GO BONKERS FOR WORLD CUP...

NATION TRANSFIXED...

'IT'S COMING HOME'...

France 1 Belgium 0

France is even more better than I thought. Their midfield is salty. That guy, Pagoda, is stout! He hasn't scored or had a assist, and he rarely appears in the box during French attacks. All he has done is turn in a MVP performance in the WC Finals. His defense is awesome. Time after time he broke up the very good Belgium offense, rendering it impotent. Then his possession skills, settling France down when needed. He's a world class midfielder doing all the "blue collar" work required to win a World Cup.

Croatia 2 England 1 in OT.

Great match!

Love this Croatian team. What guts! Three straight OT wins in the WC Finals. First time ever in WC history a team has won 3 straight OT matches. Croatia, the size of Louisiana....remarkable.

Now....France looms.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    I'm confident in saying the USMNT could beat Argentina right now.

Messi isn't anywhere close to the Messi of old.

I think I'm officially on the Croatia bandwagon. The way they play is amazing to watch.
    I called it.

This Croatian team is tough and they play inspired.

It also helps that their midfield is one of the best midfields at the WC.

France and Croatia were the two teams I saw the most in. Both were very strong.

This will be a great WC final. Either a second star or a first. I’m not sure who to pull for.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Pull against the ��

I think France is the better team, albeit just barely, but I am rooting for Croatia.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I think France is the better team, albeit just barely, but I am rooting for Croatia.
    Ditto. Underdawgs baby!

+ Reply to Thread