+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to the important stuff....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Back to the important stuff....

In post #397 I said "please take it somewhere else" an obvious...well, obvious to anyone with a brain...request not to pollute this thread with political nonsense. You know how much I despise politics! I posted no reference to Rapinoe's statement, or Trump's Tweets...

As for the other lamebrain question... I posted, in that same post #397 "best player in the history of women's soccer." Does that sound like I meant just the current roster?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    As for the other lamebrain question... I posted, in that same post #397 "best player in the history of women's soccer." Does that sound like I meant just the current roster?
    Yeah, sorry, I shouldn't read in distracting environments.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

US 2 France 1

Rapinoe scores both goals.

Wasn't pretty...tip of the hat to France, they were tough (as expected).

Next up an equally tough England side. Hate to say this because I am right so damn much, but months ago I picked England to win it all. Hope I'm wrong, of course. The US is playing better on defense and in the midfield than we were months ago when I made that pick. Becky Sauerbrunn has been rock solid.

Kudos to Dunn who played a huge game on defense tonight. She was the MVP of this match, I thought.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Great match.

The defense was key to this win. They were solid the whole match. I thought the France header goal was a touch offsides but that’s the way it goes.

England will be tough as well, but if we keep playing solid defense we have a shot.

Interestingly enough I think the winner of England/USA will win the WC. The other side of the bracket is nonexistent.

Well...Coach Ellis did change schemes, whether you might like the style or not, or agree with her decision or not, she played a bunker defense, after we got up 2-0, but even from the git-go, when it was 0-0 and then 1-0 early on, our style was conservative-defensive. France had TOP 60% and enjoyed the run-of-play for 90 minutes. That was not because France is better than us and controlled the game. Nope! it was part of the plan. Ellis said "France does not like to possess the ball, they thrive off of forcing turnovers and scoring on counter-attacks." So! Ellis decided...give 'em the ball!

It did put a lot of pressure on our defense, but they were equal to the task.

The Netherlands/Holland/The Dutch ousted Italy 2-0 and Sweden beat Germany 2-1.

Semifinals, The Final Four, is set!

Netherlands vs. Sweden
    USA vs. England

Meanwhile the quarters in the Copa Oro start tonight.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

USWNT is blessed because they are so deep. Our backups could be starters on most of the countries rosters.

Press is not Rapinoe level yet but she is faster.

Horan is legit.

Lloyd still has gas in the tank.

We have options. And yes I will give credit to Ellis for making France hold the ball instead of their usual steal/fast break game. That was a brilliant strategy and you could tell it confounded the French side. Dunn and Sauerbun had to step up and Dunn is just learning the position. Yet she covered and more. They attacked her side over and over and over. That was some impressive cover defense she put on a clinic on what to do.

I don’t think England is quite France level yet, but no time to let our play down. I wonder if Ellis adjusts the lineup again to a speedier game versus England.

Haiti 3 Canada 2 Gotta love that Haiti bunch! This is the third time this tourney they came from behind to win. Also, remarkable reaction back in Haiti, hundreds of thousands out in the streets celebrating. A national holiday is proclaimed for Monday. Soccer is THE WORLD's GAME/SPORT! Entire countries watch their national team play, the nation literally shuts down during matches.

Mexico pulled one out of their azzes to sneak by Costa Rica on PKs. Hope Haiti beats 'em in the semifinal.

US plays tonight.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

1-0 for USMNT

Pathetic...

That was some MLS level crappy bad play tonight.

Berhalter may not qualify for the next WC. Weak formation plagued by subpar athletes.

Jamaica might run over us in the semis.

We did a year long search and wound up with a MLS level manager for our National Team!?!

Rapinoe not starting against England. She's not injured so this is a tactical move by Ellis. Press will start at left wing. Well, who said Ellis was stuck on one scheme?

Horan is staring at midfield over Mewis. Should have replaced Lavelle, IMO. She gets pushed around too much.

We shall see...

USA 2 England 1

On to the final!

Post game note: They say Rapinoe is nursing a sore hamstring. Lavelle went down with a hamstring issue.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I loved Lavelle's tenacity this game.

How did she hurt her hamstring? I lost connection in a tunnel and when I got it back afterward everything was done with her.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I loved Lavelle's tenacity this game.

How did she hurt her hamstring? I lost connection in a tunnel and when I got it back afterward everything was done with her.
    I think it was cumulative wear & tear. She had made a long run back on defense, won the ball, and when she turned she lost the ball and went down. Obviously her hamstring popped, or "screamed." She walked off under her own power.

+ Reply to Thread