+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to the important stuff....

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Back to the important stuff....

Looks like Netherlands came to play rugby instead of soccer/football.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

world cup champions !!!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I thought watching soccer was the most boring thing ever..... I was wrong.
    Well...at least you are watching and reading this thread. Hope for you yet!

... I was wrong.
    Being wrong is nothing new to you. You excel at it!

US 2 The Dutch 0

Could have been 5-0 easily. Great job by their keeper, and some bad luck for the US. Still a solid, dominating effort.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I'm about 90% sure I'll go to the 2023 World Cup if it is in Australia or New Zealand. Questionable for the other bidders.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Being wrong is nothing new to you. You excel at it!
    A person that doesn’t recognize that they are wrong is probably rarely right.

A person that doesn’t recognize that they are wrong is probably rarely right.
    Sounds like a personal problem...for you. But, we all know you are always wrong. For now, go away. Stop contaminating this sacred thread.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

There’s a reason Rose Lavelle is compared to Messi.

I think that was evident today. Biggest game of her life and she puts on a clinic on both sides of the ball. At 24.

That solo shot was all her. Leg work, cross over, fire.

Once Lloyd retires, Lavelle will wear the 10.

Yep! won me over.

The USWNT has some age to it, there will be a changing of the guard preparing for WC 2023. Surely Lavelle will figure prominently in those plans.

As for 2019...the ink is still wet on this WORLD TITLE!...kudos to the whole team, 21 of the 23 players saw the field in France, only the two back-up keepers missed out. Want to single a few...

Dunn was magnificent! I had my concerns since she is not a natural defender, more of a midfielder, but she more than stepped up huge this tourney. Tip of the hat to "the steady one" Becky Sauerbrunn defending the middle. She didn't enjoy the "perfect" tourney she had in Canada 2015, but time and time again she was where she needed to be on defense.

Ellis switched into a 4-4-2 today, having Rapinoe play as that outside mid, instead of a pure left wing. It represented the 4th straight organizational (shape) change Ellis used in the tourney. It didn't present any particular problems for the defense-minded Dutch, but did allow us to control the midfield better against Dutch counter-attacks. Rapinoe was not as active, as PRO-active, as she has been and that probably has something to do with a sore hamstring she is nursing. Also probably why Ellis made the switch, to help protect the sore hamstring.

The change to the 4-4-2 did release Heath though, which that formation is designed to do, and she was very threatening all day. She has a vicious shot which is why I am surprised she passed on two great chances to launch one.

Perfect run through the tourney, 7-0-0, outscoring the opposition by a combined 26-3, and setting records along the way. Beat three VERY good sides in a row, France, England, and The Netherlands, earning it the hard way. Throw in we all bested the stout Swedish team, and this USWNT passed through a gauntlet.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep! won me over.

The USWNT has some age to it, there will be a changing of the guard preparing for WC 2023. Surely Lavelle will figure prominently in those plans.

As for 2019...the ink is still wet on this WORLD TITLE!...kudos to the whole team, 21 of the 23 players saw the field in France, only the two back-up keepers missed out. Want to single a few...

Dunn was magnificent! I had my concerns since she is not a natural defender, more of a midfielder, but she more than stepped up huge this tourney. Tip of the hat to "the steady one" Becky Sauerbrunn defending the middle. She didn't enjoy the "perfect" tourney she had in Canada 2015, but time and time again she was where she needed to be on defense.

Ellis switched into a 4-4-2 today, having Rapinoe play as that outside mid, instead of a pure left wing. It represented the 4th straight organizational (shape) change Ellis used in the tourney. It didn't present any particular problems for the defense-minded Dutch, but did allow us to control the midfield better against Dutch counter-attacks. Rapinoe was not as active, as PRO-active, as she has been and that probably has something to do with a sore hamstring she is nursing. Also probably why Ellis made the switch, to help protect the sore hamstring.

The change to the 4-4-2 did release Heath though, which that formation is designed to do, and she was very threatening all day. She has a vicious shot which is why I am surprised she passed on two great chances to launch one.

Perfect run through the tourney, 7-0-0, outscoring the opposition by a combined 26-3, and setting records along the way. Beat three VERY good sides in a row, France, England, and The Netherlands, earning it the hard way. Throw in we all bested the stout Swedish team, and this USWNT passed through a gauntlet.
    I was going to watch, but I had some paint drying.

Can’t say that I cared whether they won or lost.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Yep! won me over.

Next cycle will have a changing of the guard. Several this year were carryovers from 2015.

Rapinoe, Sauerbrunn, Krieger, Lloyd will be gone (close to 40).

Morgan, Heath being maybes (34ish)

But the future seems good with a core of Dunn, Pugh, Mewis, Lavelle, Ertz, and Dahlkemper to build around.

Press may stay and take over Rapinoe’s role.

Will need a new Keeper. Naeher will be 35 next WC cycle. She might can tend the net, but we might be looking to the future there.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I was going to watch, but I had some paint drying.
    Missed it myself. I was watching the grass grow. And I hope all this thread hijacking is over. "Back to the important stuff..." should exclude soccer by definition.

Now that the pathetic "I have never accomplished anything worthwhile in my pitiful life," haters have chimed in...

Back to the important stuff!

Let's complete the Daily Double and win the Copa Oro tonight!

Crappy Berhalter’s MLS All-Sucks suck.

He subbed a DEFENDER to protect a 0-1 LOSS in the last minutes! Who does crap like that?

Bradley doesn’t need to play again...ever.

Same for Zardes.

+ Reply to Thread